Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations?

Hi everyone,

Looking to get a good vacuum cleaner, anyone with recommendations?

Need strong suction, able to clean out corners easily, traps dust/mites in the machine and not back out thru the exhaust... and hopefully save some time if it can do away with mopping.

Don't have any carpets nor pets, just fabric sofa/chairs and bed.

I'm considering Karcher SV1902 steam vacuum cleaner, but it is over $1k so I am still looking at any other options. This also means that Rainbow and Delphin are out of consideration. :P

Hope to get some feedback on the vacuum cleaners u are using! =D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Maybe you can look at this...Karcher SC1122 from the courts website: http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsStoreOnlineCatalog/PID-501326(Courts).aspx

It is also steam vacuum and of the same brand you want. At only $400 bucks, it might be better for you. Maybe you don't need a model that expensive, I am guessing you are just a regular house user.

Just my humble opinion. I myself have never used this vacuum cleaner (traditional broom works fine for me) nor am I affiliated with Courts or Karcher.

Thanks for the suggestion! That model is a steam cleaner though, not a vacuum. It just sprays steam, so the other model is more of a 2-in-1 which does the steaming while vacuuming.

I'm using dyson. Suction not bad and unlike those using filter bags, much more effective. Very noisy also.

U looking for wet and dry vacuum or just dry?

Wet and dry, can consider VAX.

Dry can consider Dyson, bagless with hepa filter to trap dust and clean the air as well.

Thanks for the inputs!

Have not fixed on wet or dry yet.

Wet Vacuum

Need to refill with water and wash after every use. Washing may not be as hygienic and may clog whatever you're washing it into.

Dry Vacuum with Bag

Need to change bag maybe every 6 months but not sure if suction power is compromised a lot along the way. Cleanest disposal method.

Dry Vacuum Bagless

Dustier when cleaning. Not sure if suction power is relatively lower compared to bag vacuums.

Steam Vacuum (2 in 1)

Very heavy (over 10kg), may be difficult to lug around especially when I'm cleaning a mansionette.

Come to think of it, it doesn't save any time compared to separate steamers and vacuums since it is still 2 separate tasks.

Steam Cleaner

Karcher has some nice steam cleaners. Good for getting rid of stubborn stains and mopping floor as it dries immediately. But the mopping process is slower too.

My priority is suction power with good dust trapping system both in exhaust and cleaning. Next would be ease of use and price. Silent feature is a good plus. :)

Dyson is typically 2 or 3 times more expensive than other brands like Rowenta. From what I hear from the sales people, Dyson is very durable, lasts longer and has better attachments. No difference in terms of suction power. How much better is dyson over other similar models??

AM using dyson for coming 4 years. Bulky/ heavy but suction not bad though is pretty noisy.

My dream vacuum i am considering will be rainbow which cost $3K+ which is too exp for us to digest!

Is good for people who are allergy, asthma and sensitive skin.

Not sure if where you live but I recommend looking for Zhiwei from Best Denki IMM if you need help with choosing vacuum cleaners. Gave me very objective advice on vacuum cleaners, very knowledgable about his products. Initially he recommended me a Phillips which had v hood suction power, and didn't try to push that when we indicated our preference for other brands. WE spent over an hour there and he patiently talked us through the different models. We bought a Bosch based on his recommendation which worked v well for us.

RE Dyson. Not all Dysons have good reviews, so it's hard to generalize and say Dysons are better. Personnally if you want a good dust trapping system, I think a bagged version is better because of the ease of disposal and you can choose the bag qualities as well to suit your needs (eg, if you're highly allegic to dust, can choose the anti allergy bag made of thicker material etc)

Hi everyone,

Looking to get a good vacuum cleaner, anyone with recommendations?

Need strong suction, able to clean out corners easily, traps dust/mites in the machine and not back out thru the exhaust... and hopefully save some time if it can do away with mopping.

Don't have any carpets nor pets, just fabric sofa/chairs and bed.

I'm considering Karcher SV1902 steam vacuum cleaner, but it is over $1k so I am still looking at any other options. This also means that Rainbow and Delphin are out of consideration. :P

Hope to get some feedback on the vacuum cleaners u are using! =D

Hi I have both Delphin and Karcher (SV1902). I find both are terrific vacuum cleaners but really depends on what you looking for. I had a electrolux before, the ultra quite one but for ease of use, Delphin definitely beats that (just noisy). Delphin also has an attachment for beds and fabric sofas which is great for me. But I have to say I still think it is over priced.

For cleanliness, so far nothing beats Karcher. I especially like the fact that it sucks and "mops" at the same time, and with clean water every time, unlike you typical mopping routine. I have textured tiles which traps dirt but the high pressure steam (highest in all its range including the steam cleaners)gets them off and get my tiles clean. Even the grouting appears cleaner. But not as mobile as the Delphin. So now I use Delpin for vacuum and Karcher for vacuum and mop. Hope the info helps.

By the way, do bargain when if you decide to get the Karcher and don't buy at the listed price. Not sure if this is well known, but you can bargain even big "branded" stores.

Delphin super noisy and very ma fan to use. How to clean mattress?

If you are looking for delphin and rainbow... try Karcher instead. The price is very reasonable, just as good and made in Germany.

If you are looking for delphin and rainbow... try Karcher instead. The price is very reasonable, just as good and made in Germany.

i not looking for delphin and rainbow or karcher. got 1 liao

I think delphin vacuum cleaner is good but cant afford. Anyone bought delphin vacuum cleaner?

Saw someone selling and heard price increased to $36xx

I have used the Vax dry and wet vacuum cleaner before - good and powerful, leaves the granite floor feeling very clean. Drawback is the rubber tubing for the water will smell if not dried thoroughly. Heavy to lug around, troublesome to use. Can use to clean cushions, mattresses etc - but I never used it for that b4.

I used an entry level Electrolux model (I think the cheapest one, ~S$100 here) when I lived in BJ. Workhorse, powerful suction but v noisy. Bagless - after using this one, I swore never to get a bagless one again cos cleaning out the compartment is quite revolting. Has a washable hepa filter etc. Made in China model.

I have just bought an Electrolux bagged model zjg6800 for my new place. Equally powerful, as far as I can tell, very quiet (silencer model) at the highest setting. This one was going at a special price of $149 a few weekends ago at Harvey Norman, price I was quoted at Audio House/Gain City was $229, Courts was selling at $169 or something. One of the few models that are made in Europe still.

IMO, I still think Electrolux makes the best vacuum cleaners around - my mom had an old one that conked out after 10 years. My China one I brought back here and is still going very strong, at about 2.5 yrs - my parents use this over the Vax cos it's more convenient.