Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Nice dining table and bench! May I know how much u got this for ? Thanks :)

For the white dining table, the storage bench and 2 storage stools (at the side of my sofa) cost about $1.1K from Starliving Furniture as a set. We got it from the outlet at International Furniture Centre. They have the all black version as well. Only 2 colour choices back then.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I love yr lights too! Can u pls pm me the contact as well. Thanks in adv.

Thanks. Have PMed you the contact. You can also walk around Sim Lim Towers for the other shops. The LED lights are still serving me well.

Edited by chling

yeah hope so too...will soon find out after they fix it on Sat..

Just an update on the leakage problem...seems that my neighbour ceiling still leaking after they fix the drainage. The damage seems quite widespread across their kitchen ceiling, but the interesting thing is that the ceiling area above the toilet is not stained. Only the surrounding, so it was quite challenging to determine the cause of the water leakage.

Now they are doing a ponding test of my bathroom to see if my bathroom is flooded with water, whether will the leakage get worse downstairs.

minimalisttv.jpg

May I know where you get those side tables from, I need it as my bedside table, thanks in advance

They are actually storage stools, where there's a door on one side you can open and put things. I got the 2 storage stools, white dining table, the storage bench which cost about $1.1K from Starliving Furniture as a set. We got it from the outlet at International Furniture Centre. They have the all black version as well. Only 2 colour choices back then.

You can goto Star Living and check if they still have this. Hope it helps.

Just an update on the leakage problem...seems that my neighbour ceiling still leaking after they fix the drainage. The damage seems quite widespread across their kitchen ceiling, but the interesting thing is that the ceiling area above the toilet is not stained. Only the surrounding, so it was quite challenging to determine the cause of the water leakage.

Now they are doing a ponding test of my bathroom to see if my bathroom is flooded with water, whether will the leakage get worse downstairs.

Hi Chling, how is the leakage problem, has it been solved? did the ponding test helped?

Edited by gohlex

Hi Chling, how is the leakage problem, has it been solved? did the ponding test helped?

So far the 2 rectifications below seem to have lessen the leaking at my neighbour's kitchen ceiling.

1) Reworking the drainage areas in my toilet and kitchen

2) Rerouting the aircon pipe

However, there's still one area at the ceiling that continues to be wet. There don't seem to be any other source of possible leakage as the water inlet pipes are all exposed. So they concluded that it is likely due to some minor leakage at the toilet waterproofing which they will need to hack up the toilet and redo the waterproofing layer at the end of the month. Hopefully that will solve the problem once and for all.

It's really not so easy to trace the source of water leakage...

My ID is Jonathan Ewe or Jon Ewe for short, from Summit Design Studio. I have PMed you his contact.

Good luck in researching and planning for your reno!

May I have Jon's contact too please.

May I have Jon's contact too please.

Hi I understand that Jon has left summit design studio and his manager Eric has taken over the rectifications for my place. You may wish to contact summit design directly via email to get more info. Their website is www.summItdesignstudio.com.sg

Good luck!

Hi,

I'm interested in doing the 5050 LED strips for my cove lighting.

Could you please let me know where you got the LED strips from.

Thanks a lot.!

Hi Xenoblue,

Have pmed you the contact ;)

Have Fun!

Hi, congrats on your white minimalistic home!

Would you mind pm-ing me your ID that did this 3D imaging for you? and how much did they charge you in total? thanks!

During our carpentry meeting, decided to change to a minimalist white feature wall. My ID was very nice to accommodate the changes...though no extra delays as the carpenter says it will take 3 weeks to fabricate my cabinets n wardrobes due to the unevenness of the walls n ceilings. So they can start work on the other items first while we spent one more week to firm up the new design with my ID.

We thought that something simpler in white will go along nicely with our white minimalist theme.

living2view2b.jpg

Hi,

Your house is very close to my minimalist idea of my upcoming resale, 80-90%, I like your house very much!

A few questions, hoping you can answer me :

Your RGB LED strips at ceiling, under tv console and feature wall controlled with 1 led controller or 3 separates?

The electrician fix the led strips and strip wiring for you?

Where you get the white dining table, bench and light cubes? How much? The cubes battery powered?

Can PM me the ID contact and reno cost for the main ID and sub-contracters, etc? Anything I should know which I may not think of?

Thank you.

Hi, congrats on your white minimalistic home!

Would you mind pm-ing me your ID that did this 3D imaging for you? and how much did they charge you in total? thanks!

Have pmed you. Thanks.

There is also another set of rgb led at the ceiling cove lights that was not shown in the 3D but if u look at the actual pic i posted in my thread you will see it. The tv console feature wall and ceiling cove lights are all controlled by one remote, so they will all synchronized to the same color when I press the remote in the living room. However there are actually 2 separate controller so if I really want, I can have a different colour for the ceiling cove lights and the feature wall lights by using the remote close to one of the controller do that only one set of lights change.

Yes the electrician connected the cable to a light switch so that I can use it to turn on the lights. One for the feature wall and one for the ceiling cove lights. The laying of the led strip is Quite easy as they come with 3M double side tape so u can opt to do it yourself or ask your electrician.

The price and location for the white storage bench and light cubes I posted in this thread, you can look through in the previous pages of this thread as I cant rem now. The cubes need to be charged via your power socket so you have to connect them to charge once in a while. One full charge can last for at least one whole night and more so you can use them without need to recharge for one event.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Your house is very close to my minimalist idea of my upcoming resale, 80-90%, I like your house very much!

A few questions, hoping you can answer me :

Your RGB LED strips at ceiling, under tv console and feature wall controlled with 1 led controller or 3 separates?

The electrician fix the led strips and strip wiring for you?

Where you get the white dining table, bench and light cubes? How much? The cubes battery powered?

Can PM me the ID contact and reno cost for the main ID and sub-contracters, etc? Anything I should know which I may not think of?

Thank you.