Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

yes! u made a gd guess! apparently toilet leaking..

and I don't have a lot of confidence in them fixing it..I'm afraid they will mess up the house further when hacking and redoing the toilet floor...especially my laminate flooring...the quality of some of the workers is quite bad...after complain on the poor quality...have to wait..then come down rectify and not up to standard...i have to call and complain again and then wait again..

hopefully they will live up to their promises..shall wait and see..

Oh sharks!! Any compensation? Or anyway you can put them on HDB demerit points or something?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi chling,

Your place is nicely done. Im very interested in your black WC and white door knobs. Able to share where you got the items and for how much? Can PM me?

Thank you.

That robot cleaner, does it really work? I m looking for one too.... One that can vacuum and mop my floor. Haha :)

haha I did not get that in the end as my wife prefers a vacuum cleaner where she feels will be more thorough as you can control exactly where u wanna clean :rolleyes:

Oh sharks!! Any compensation? Or anyway you can put them on HDB demerit points or something?

It's just toilet leakage..somehow the water-proofing was not done properly or something...not exactly sure what caused the leak, but the ceiling of the unit below me was quite bad and apparently had to be due to water leakage from the bathroom.

They did not offer any compensation even though that is my only bathroom/toilet in the house and as it's impossible to live in a house without a toilet. I will have to book a hotel room to shift my family out for the period of works.

They proposed a "quick" solution of laying a layer of Epoxy over the bathroom tiles which will only have downtime of 3 days for me rather than 2 weeks..I'm not very confident of that lasting in the long term due to the quality of some of the works they did for me...so am asking for more assurance of an extended warranty..because at the end of the day..the damage to my bathroom is still there..just that it is "covered-up" and when the covering layer fails..the problem which they caused will re-surface again.

I don't think it's that serious to warrant demerit points so long as they rectify at the end of the day? Well...let's see what they come back with for me..

Hi chling,

Your place is nicely done. Im very interested in your black WC and white door knobs. Able to share where you got the items and for how much? Can PM me?

Thank you.

Hi killgumby,

have PMed you..gd luck in ur search for the white door knob!

It's just toilet leakage..somehow the water-proofing was not done properly or something...not exactly sure what caused the leak, but the ceiling of the unit below me was quite bad and apparently had to be due to water leakage from the bathroom.

They did not offer any compensation even though that is my only bathroom/toilet in the house and as it's impossible to live in a house without a toilet. I will have to book a hotel room to shift my family out for the period of works.

They proposed a "quick" solution of laying a layer of Epoxy over the bathroom tiles which will only have downtime of 3 days for me rather than 2 weeks..I'm not very confident of that lasting in the long term due to the quality of some of the works they did for me...so am asking for more assurance of an extended warranty..because at the end of the day..the damage to my bathroom is still there..just that it is "covered-up" and when the covering layer fails..the problem which they caused will re-surface again.

I don't think it's that serious to warrant demerit points so long as they rectify at the end of the day? Well...let's see what they come back with for me..

I think I would not be keen to take a quick fix as the problem may come back to me again and I am not sure if I can get the contractor to come back again. Moreover it involves my neighbour so I would want a total solution. The leak was seen by HDB?

I think I would not be keen to take a quick fix as the problem may come back to me again and I am not sure if I can get the contractor to come back again. Moreover it involves my neighbour so I would want a total solution. The leak was seen by HDB?

Yes, I believed they seen the leak and water damage from the ceiling of my neighbour downstairs. I went down to see also.

Yah, I think total solution is good, but very inconvenient with having to pack and shift out for 2 weeks and the dust and dirt of hacking....will have to ensure they cover up and do the works properly..and have to spend another 2K on the hotel stay for the period..sianz

HI ChLing

like to know for the living room and feature wall led light, does it all link to one switch? total how many driver are use?

thank

They are controlled by 2 switches that are side by side next to each other. One for the feature wall. One for the cove lights. Usually I will switch on both, but if need be, I can also choose to just switch on one.

2 drivers are in use but because they are from the same batch of lights, one remote can control both sets of lights.

Hi,

I really love your rgb lighting. So beautiful indeed really match to ur minimalist theme. Btw can I have the contacts for this particular RGB lighting? Its LED right? Thanks in advance. :)

The white laminate flooring is really nice! Nice glass door for the toilet! Hotel feel! Looking forward to see your white kitchen cabinets photos :yamseng:

Can you kindly pm me your reno quotation and contact, tks!

HI ChLing

like to know for the living room and feature wall led light, does it all link to one switch? total how many driver are use?

thank

How my 2 switches look like. They are beside the light switch to my kitchen.

img7686s.jpg

View of the feature wall from the switch

img7687ln.jpg

The white laminate flooring is really nice! Nice glass door for the toilet! Hotel feel! Looking forward to see your white kitchen cabinets photos

The white laminate flooring is really nice! Nice glass door for the toilet! Hotel feel! Looking forward to see your white kitchen cabinets photos

Hi msclaudia,

Have PMed you.

Hi chling,

Love ur dining table n bench. Been trying to look for something similar too. Would u happen to know if star living has the exact same model in black? N u mind sharing how much it costs for dining table n the storage bench?

I want an induction hob too cos the traditional hob is ugly with all the knobs etc. But seems rather Difficult to maintain n electricity bill exp compared to gas?