Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Today marks the 1st day of Reno for my cosy little white minimalist HDB flat @ farrer gardens.

91 sqm, 37 years old, 4rm resale.

All white minimalist theme..well at least as minimalist as we can...and as white as we can...

make it into a cosy minimalist home

Floorplan:

hdb4i980sqft.jpg

Edited by chling

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1st draft of 3D Diagrams from our ID:

[updated 3Ds with extension of window cabinets out more into the room to create more usable space within]

masterview1.jpg

(This has been updated to a more minimalist feature wall..a white minimalist tv wall picture posted in one of my later posts...

livingview2v.jpg

livingview1.jpg

kitview1.jpg

bedroom2view1.jpg

Edited by chling

img_pc5.jpg

img_pc4.jpg

Worthwhile to top up $300 more to "upgrade" the aluminum glass doors of my 3 custom wardrobes from AP507(white glass) to AP708(crystal white glass) or AP300F(Polar white glass)? so tempting to make it look more white...

Simple but nice design..

I like the colour white too..you are using white laminated flooring for the whole house?

What brand are you using? Will it be abit risky? What if it gets water?

=)

Simple but nice design..

I like the colour white too..you are using white laminated flooring for the whole house?

What brand are you using? Will it be abit risky? What if it gets water?

=)

Yes, will be using laminated flooring. We prefer not to have grout lines that comes with tiles...and decided to give laminated flooring a go. But will need to go for better quality ones so that they are more resistant to water...

It's difficult to find white laminated flooring designs though. Most brands have lighter colours but it's too creamy or woody ..for those that have whitish colours, it's only 1 choice or they out of stock/discontinued...

Those AC5 12mm types are out also as they mostly come in V-grooves between planks...which are similar to grout lines that we wish to avoid...which is good...as these are usually more expensive..can help help relieve the budget :D

all in all, we considered Kronotex (only waveless oak white available under exquist range, the whiter major oak white is not available), Pergo (did not have white I want), Supreme (white out of stock), Woodculture (winter wolf), Vohringer (Aspen oak

white), Evorich (their allure white have to wait 3months but it's also abit too creamy)...

chling, nice designs there. :)

May I ask if the wardrobe is custom made by your own ID? What brand of glass is your wardrobe door? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, trying to be disciplined in keeping the colours to mainly white with hints of black. Yes, wardrobe is custom made by my ID to fit into the "sunken" wall in the BR1 and BR2 as well as along the wall of BR3. The brand of the glass is a-plus glass.

Yes, will be using laminated flooring. We prefer not to have grout lines that comes with tiles...and decided to give laminated flooring a go. But will need to go for better quality ones so that they are more resistant to water...

It's difficult to find white laminated flooring designs though. Most brands have lighter colours but it's too creamy or woody ..for those that have whitish colours, it's only 1 choice or they out of stock/discontinued...

Those AC5 12mm types are out also as they mostly come in V-grooves between planks...which are similar to grout lines that we wish to avoid...which is good...as these are usually more expensive..can help help relieve the budget :D

all in all, we considered Kronotex (only waveless oak white available under exquist range, the whiter major oak white is not available), Pergo (did not have white I want), Supreme (white out of stock), Woodculture (winter wolf), Vohringer (Aspen oak

white), Evorich (their allure white have to wait 3months but it's also abit too creamy)...

Hi!Thanks for sharing. So which brand did you use in the end?

What is the cost like? Im thinking of doing laminated flooring too.

Thanks!