chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Vohringer white laminates...

day14laminate0.jpg

Cleaned up the cement screed before laying...looks good and feels good

day14laminate2.jpg

closed up with protective paper after laying to prevent damage from other works

day14laminate3.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

During our carpentry meeting, decided to change to a minimalist white feature wall. My ID was very nice to accommodate the changes...though no extra delays as the carpenter says it will take 3 weeks to fabricate my cabinets n wardrobes due to the unevenness of the walls n ceilings. So they can start work on the other items first while we spent one more week to firm up the new design with my ID.

We thought that something simpler in white will go along nicely with our white minimalist theme.

living2view2b.jpg

took me quite a while to find all white minimalist or all black minimalist door knobs with cylindrical locksets for my 3 bedrooms. I thought all white or black will be quite straightforward given that I'm not looking for anything fanciful, but seems that nowadays all come in silver or bronze or oil rubbed bronze...

Very happy in the end that I managed to find all white minimalist door knobs for my bedroom doors. And for a very reasonable price of $12 per set! This will really go along nicely with the white doors.

img6874.jpg

I love the white vohringer laminates...the white nippon sail white paint (which my ID so rightly recommended)...the white powder coated windows..and the white window grills (for my kids safety)

If only I can keep the living room in this minimalist state!

img6865h.jpg

waiting patiently for carpentry...

Minimalist chairs

Are stools more minimalist than chairs? Dining chairs or dining stools?

If I go for chairs, are chairs with 4 legs in the most basic form more minimalist or chairs without legs?

Panton-S-Chair-design.jpg

Nadia-Wht-640x480.jpg

Hi chling, where did you get the door knobs from?

It's from a hardware store along Balestier road...can't remember the name offhand. Will see if I still have the receipt at home to verify and will post again.

Nice white theme :)

Your furniture comes in white too?

Oh yeah do you need to apply permit for changing the solar windows?

Thanks

Yes, will be sticking to the all white minimalist theme. Already shortlisted a few items as in previous posts.

I think you just need to make sure the window contractor is in HDB approved list to carry out the works in changing the windows n grilles. Any permit e.g. reno and hacking is applied by my ID.

took me quite a while to find all white minimalist or all black minimalist door knobs with cylindrical locksets for my 3 bedrooms. I thought all white or black will be quite straightforward given that I'm not looking for anything fanciful, but seems that nowadays all come in silver or bronze or oil rubbed bronze...

Very happy in the end that I managed to find all white minimalist door knobs for my bedroom doors. And for a very reasonable price of $12 per set! This will really go along nicely with the white doors.

img6874.jpg

Hi,

I'm looking for white door knobs too. May i know where u got it from?

thanks

so u used a different white laminate for one of your bedroom? why?

Yes, i choose one quite different as i use it as my study room. I love it so much.

Will post in my T-blog once i have time.

Yes, i choose one quite different as i use it as my study room. I love it so much.

Will post in my T-blog once i have time.

cool! looking forward to that. I saw the tarkett laminate when I was at evorich..but I rem the price is quite high as compared to the allure series?

Seems like whole of Singapore is out of stock for the panton designer replica chair...or at least the gloss white chair version.

All only have existing stock of the matt white version which will not match as well with my white gloss dining table.

so hard to find nice minimalist white chair ..

750x569_1309011855PantonWhite.jpg

tried the following:

lush-lush

comfort furniture

gnee hong

renotalk

winter furniture

designer.sg

beds.sg

hommage

Anybody knows any other place have? looks like either I have to wait (ordering takes about 10-12 weeks) or look for another design..

After waiting for 3 weeks, carpentry is finally coming in but quite a bit of rectifications to be done...keeping my fingers crossed I can shift in before CNY, but even then it looks unlikely all my rectifications will be done up, especially when whole cupboards have to redo..

hope my ID can expedite the carpenter to make good what they should deliver and to give the rectifications priority rather than re-joining the queue behind other new carpentry works.

Edited by chling

Seems like whole of Singapore is out of stock for the panton designer replica chair...or at least the gloss white chair version.

All only have existing stock of the matt white version which will not match as well with my white gloss dining table.

so hard to find nice minimalist white chair ..

750x569_1309011855PantonWhite.jpg

tried the following:

lush-lush

comfort furniture

gnee hong

renotalk

winter furniture

designer.sg

beds.sg

hommage

Anybody knows any other place have? looks like either I have to wait (ordering takes about 10-12 weeks) or look for another design..

uh my honest 2cents. this chair is totally not minimalist. Its a nice chair, but not minimalist. U may wan to try to look at those transparant chairs (not sure if its made of acrylic?).

Something like this? http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&cp=9&gs_id=j&xhr=t&q=ghost+chair&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=403&wrapid=tljp132599014715606&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=BwEJT7elNYeyrAeK3tEC

Cheers!

Edited by gimz63251073