Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

cool! looking forward to that. I saw the tarkett laminate when I was at evorich..but I rem the price is quite high as compared to the allure series?

yes price for Tarkett is higher than the allure series but since the area is small price not really lots of different just top up abit. Love the effect!!

Edited by salormoon80

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I love the white vohringer laminates...the white nippon sail white paint (which my ID so rightly recommended)...the white powder coated windows..and the white window grills (for my kids safety)

If only I can keep the living room in this minimalist state!

img6865h.jpg

waiting patiently for carpentry...

Your place looks so pristine white..and while it's easy to feel "cold" when it's all white, the laminate flooring really brings in the warmth to your place.

When I see the picture, it's easy to focus on the scenery beyond the windows and the white look is quite pleasing to the eye.

Real nice theme!

Hey, it's really nice to see a (close to) fully white apartment. I've done a lookbook on furniture for a white-themed home, and I hope that it would be of some help to you in choosing your furniture. You can find it here.

haha I thought it's minimalist in the sense that it does not have legs and is one full piece down in a clean line. I am deciding between this and the other four legged chair I posted earlier.

I would have loved a full glass table with glass frame and legs that go along with transparent acrylic/polycarbonate chairs. However, for practical and psychological reasons had to give that concept up. So transparent chairs are out, looking for gloss white instead to match the dining table.

I prefer to have no holes in the backing of the ghost chair..be good to have just one single piece of backing connected to the seat and the legs..

maybe it's fate that all the panton s chairs in glossy white are out of stock...which means I should go for the simple 4-legged chair :D

uh my honest 2cents. this chair is totally not minimalist. Its a nice chair, but not minimalist. U may wan to try to look at those transparant chairs (not sure if its made of acrylic?).

Something like this? http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&cp=9&gs_id=j&xhr=t&q=ghost+chair&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=403&wrapid=tljp132599014715606&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=BwEJT7elNYeyrAeK3tEC

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliment. My ID said that we are very disciplined in sticking to all white theme as many people are usually tempted to go for other options when they have the range of carpentry laminates to choose or the nippon/ICI colour book to decide on their paint colour.

Yah, the white laminate flooring is really I think one of the few limited options I have in this all white minimalist home theme though due to the following considerations I have

a) No grout lines I feel is an unnecessary pattern that "interrupts the flow" of the feet. A minimalist flooring should be smooth flowing. This basically rules out homogenous and ceramic tiles.

b) Must be white in colour. This rules out timber flooring like parquet which is only wood in colour. I did considered the evorich allure vinyl flooring considering the practicality it has over laminates but colour-wise, it's too creamish. I'm happy the lack of stock took made the decision easy for me in the end.

c) Must bring in warmth to the house to complement the white glossy carpentry. This rules out marble and stone that can be laid without grout lines.

So I ended up with my "minimalist" white floor laminate. I'm glad it achieved the effect!

Your place looks so pristine white..and while it's easy to feel "cold" when it's all white, the laminate flooring really brings in the warmth to your place.

When I see the picture, it's easy to focus on the scenery beyond the windows and the white look is quite pleasing to the eye.

Real nice theme!

yeah white laminate flooring rocks!

yes price for Tarkett is higher than the allure series but since the area is small price not really lots of different just top up abit. Love the effect!!

Cool, real nice package you designed there! I love the stools especially...but for practical reasons will need my stool to be stackable due to the small size of my home..I like the clean cut look of the sofa as well..but boconcept is over my budget haha

Due to additional costs that cropped up in the course of my renovation, I had to sacrifice and really cut the budget from my furniture (going for IKEA) and electrical appliances (postpone the purchase of my living room TV as well).

Hey, it's really nice to see a (close to) fully white apartment. I've done a lookbook on furniture for a white-themed home, and I hope that it would be of some help to you in choosing your furniture. You can find it here.

Hmmm...maybe a blessing in disguise that there is no stock? haha..

I have been using an IKEA table, very similar to what u have posted earlier. Except that i bought a clear glass to put on top of it instead. The see-thru effect gives an illusion of space as compared to frosted glass. One aspect of minimalism is making your furniture disappear, such as using glass tops. A pain to maintain really, just need to be more dilligent or simply dun invite people over as often...

I too have been using white laminate flooring for around a year. every hair stands out on the floor just as everyone advised. But thats ok. The worst part is cleaning actually where u clean the "lines" or "groove" of the laminates, yes dust gets stuck there! I spent countless wet tissue cleaning it..Also have to clean silicon around the corners of walls, doors, etc as they will change colour.

For budget stuff, do check out the IKEA as-is section. My fav place where some slight defects makes the stuff 50% cheaper!

Hmmm...maybe a blessing in disguise that there is no stock? haha..

I have been using an IKEA table, very similar to what u have posted earlier. Except that i bought a clear glass to put on top of it instead. The see-thru effect gives an illusion of space as compared to frosted glass. One aspect of minimalism is making your furniture disappear, such as using glass tops. A pain to maintain really, just need to be more dilligent or simply dun invite people over as often...

I too have been using white laminate flooring for around a year. every hair stands out on the floor just as everyone advised. But thats ok. The worst part is cleaning actually where u clean the "lines" or "groove" of the laminates, yes dust gets stuck there! I spent countless wet tissue cleaning it..Also have to clean silicon around the corners of walls, doors, etc as they will change colour.

For budget stuff, do check out the IKEA as-is section. My fav place where some slight defects makes the stuff 50% cheaper!

agree that it will be nice to make furniture disappear and was really tempted by this dining set whereby the all glass table and transparent polycarbonate chairs will really make the whole dining set blend into the surroundings.

img6823h.jpg

yes, really looking forward to maintaining the white laminate flooring! Already standby magic-clean wipes and maybe considering getting one of those robot cleaners to help out in future...

b_9qx3na030174_2.jpg

never thought about having to clean the silicon though hahaha but I guess they will get dirty too..

hmm...can't really decide which is a more minimalist phone? need to get a white telephone to blend in the white minimalist theme...

the white epure swissvoice phone

collections-ePure.png

or

the colombo two phone

colombo_white.jpg

Edited by chling

Day 5 of Reno

Windows installation is here. white powdered coated frames with green glass panes were a natural choice for our theme.

day5windowsarrival.jpg

Electrician doing up the power and lan cables.

day5electrical.jpg

Cement wall at the toilet is also coming up nicely.

day5cementwall.jpg

Progress within the toilet. So glad they managed to remove the two side pipes in the toilet, reduce the clutter.

day5cementtoilet.jpg

I like the green glass which goes with the white powder coated frames. Good combination. How much did you pay for the windows?

I like the green glass which goes with the white powder coated frames. Good combination. How much did you pay for the windows?

haha yes, it's 16 psf for the windows and 8 psf for the white power coated grilles. There were quite a few colours to choose from, and when we were deciding, we just scanned around the opposite block and counted that of the 6 homes that did up white powder coated, 4 did it in green while 1 did it in blue and 1 did tinted black. We liked the green on white better and that the majority of pple did it that way further cemented the decision for us haha

our neighbour who renovated subsequently about a month after us also did it up in white powder coated and green panels..

Timber flooded into the house

white glossy laminate on plywood with internal white pvc.

img6896w.jpg

img6897k.jpg

img6901d.jpg

img6906e.jpg

Realised that there were black lines alone the laminate edges and joints in the carpentry was abit of a kill-joy in our all-white theme...our ID did explained about how solid core laminates would have no black lines when we were choosing our laminates but we didn't really comprehend how it will all turn out then..plus the fact that it will be double the price of normal laminates (which will be way out of our budget) quickly decided the choice for us :P

Strange that most ready made furniture we came across including IKEA don't have this black joint lines though..well something to take note of for those going for all white laminates on your carpentry.

Well, all white theme with a tinge of black it is then :P

Minimalist TV

I really like the black monolithic design of the Sony TV.

I don't think you can get more minimalist than this...unless you do without a TV all together :bleah:

I think to some extent, the TV looks nicer when it's off (all black flushed) than when it's on..

BRAVIA_NX710_01.jpg

Edited by chling

Time to pack luggage

Finally...the major works are completed and have to start packing..some rectifications have to wait until after CNY but no show stoppers!

light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-blog.jpg