Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

White Minimalist Living Room

OK..sneak peek at what my living room is gonna be like...

- White Minimalist Feature Wall

View from dining area..

white door with white door knob.

minimalist tv console and feature wall

white cable socket

loved the clean look from the back of the white minimalist sofa

homelivingroom035.jpg

Center view of my White Minimalist Feature Wall. The centre black console looks abit off now, but will be balanced when I eventually get my TV mounted on the white minimalist TV wall.

homelivingroom034.jpg

View from Kitchen Entrance

White curtains yet to be installed over the windows...

Storage cabinets below the windows to make use of the recess area.

homelivingroom036.jpg

Wow!! Really super white leh....I think I will soon clutter it with other colours if this is my home. Need a lot of discipline.

Congrats! Me too... Moving next week but haven start packing yet!

Packing and unpacking is so tiring! So tempted to throw stuff away so that have less to shift haha

Wow!! Really super white leh....I think I will soon clutter it with other colours if this is my home. Need a lot of discipline.

Haha yah that is what my ID said too.. Still have a few items to add on though...hopefully we can stick to the theme as much as possible.

wow really very very white and pure!! so nice :)

btw, i saw the pantons at King & King Wong at Serangoon Nex Level 5. maybe u can go see.

my ID has good discounts there if u need! we bought many items there too.

wow really very very white and pure!! so nice :)

btw, i saw the pantons at King & King Wong at Serangoon Nex Level 5. maybe u can go see.

my ID has good discounts there if u need! we bought many items there too.

Thanks jeep3 for the compliment. Hopefully we can still maintain it that way down the road after we have fully shifted in.

I called up king & king Wong they only have the white matt version and not the glossy one that I was looking for. Thanks for sharing though, maybe will drop by the place to see if there are other nice things to buy.

Nice white modern living concept you have there...

For a true minimalist, you should also add a softer alternative to the dull all-white. Your decorative featured wall is a tad bit too fancy to be minimalist. You should choose plain furniture in natural woods and leather or go for bright colors, and ultra-modern chrome, glass and stainless steel. Glossy textures and straight lines are a great look for the minimalist interior. Low level furniture looks less bulky, and so really enhances the minimalist feel in your room.

Since your furniture and fittings are fixed... maybe you can play with accessories and go for something funky, striking and unusual, to suit the minimalist style. Your lighting is so plain Jane, L box and false ceiling are so norm and common everywhere, almost every new house i visited in the last 2 years look like yours. You need a modern statement piece for minimalist.

Edited by albertchng

Nice white modern living concept you have there...

For a true minimalist, you should also add a softer alternative to the dull all-white. Your decorative featured wall is a tad bit too fancy to be minimalist. You should choose plain furniture in natural woods and leather or go for bright colors, and ultra-modern chrome, glass and stainless steel. Glossy textures and straight lines are a great look for the minimalist interior. Low level furniture looks less bulky, and so really enhances the minimalist feel in your room.

Since your furniture and fittings are fixed... maybe you can play with accessories and go for something funky, striking and unusual, to suit the minimalist style. Your lighting is so plain Jane, L box and false ceiling are so norm and common everywhere, almost every new house i visited in the last 2 years look like yours. You need a modern statement piece for minimalist.

Thanks for the compliment! I do agree with you on most of the points to bring out the minimalism theme...thats why I have

1. Glossy white laminates for all my carpentry

2. Simple low profile white sofa with clean lines and steel legs

3. Straeight cut clean lines for the ceiling, feature wall and widow grilles

Haha i have already built in something to make it ait more funky...will show more of my living n dining area late once my dining table is delivered...it is coming between 10 pm and 4am tonight! Guess it must have been a busy festive season...Hope I cn wake up if they really ring my doorbell at 4am ;p

Minimalist TV Remote Controller

Another minimalistic design by Sony whereby the remote controller is supposed to be placed upside down...

When the remote is placed down and not in use, its just one pure sleek rectangle with the brand and a circular button.

Minimalistic beauty!

110361_bundle_1.jpg

Very happy in the end that I managed to find all white minimalist door knobs for my bedroom doors. And for a very reasonable price of $12 per set! This will really go along nicely with the white doors.

img6874.jpg

Hi chling

Great theme and design u have, ur house looks so big and spacious with the white color, really nice.

Possible to share where you got the white door knobs? Thanks for sharing in advance

Hi chling

Great theme and design u have, ur house looks so big and spacious with the white color, really nice.

Possible to share where you got the white door knobs? Thanks for sharing in advance

Have PMed you the info. Yah my home is actually quite small only 91sqm so have to make every area count and all pure white theme definitely helps too! We also built in lots of storage and hidden storage areas to try to keep the clutter hidden whenever we can.

White Minimalist Table

Kudos to Star Living (Star Furniture Pte Ltd) for delivering my white minimalist storage dining table and white glossy storage bench as promised, at 2am. There was a chip damaged at the base which they duly came and replaced 2 days later. All these with phone confirmation of delivery the day before and good coordination especially considering it was the week leading leading up to CNY.

This is really quite good compared to some of the horror stories I read on the forum about furniture delivery and defects rectification. Will definitely consider going back to them again in future.

Minimalist White Dining Table with Bench

minimalisttable2.jpg

Storage in Bench and Table Frame to keep the clutter away while still providing convenience

minimalisttablestorage.jpg

Another view of the table with the mirror on the wall

minimalisttable3.jpg

White Minimalist Table

Kudos to Star Living (Star Furniture Pte Ltd) for delivering my white minimalist storage dining table and white glossy storage bench as promised, at 2am. There was a chip damaged at the base which they duly came and replaced 2 days later. All these with phone confirmation of delivery the day before and good coordination especially considering it was the week leading leading up to CNY.

This is really quite good compared to some of the horror stories I read on the forum about furniture delivery and defects rectification. Will definitely consider going back to them again in future.

Hi Chling, wahhhh....Did u say your delivery was 2am? I didnt know they have night delivery though I have order furniture from star living at Upp Thomson branch.