Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Hi!Thanks for sharing. So which brand did you use in the end?

What is the cost like? Im thinking of doing laminated flooring too.

Thanks!

I should be going for Vohringer for the following reasons:

1) They have the white colour I want for my theme. This is key as white range laminates are limited in most brands and alot are too creamy or out of stock.

2) Higher quality laminates compared to market. Important for me as I'm doing up laminate for the whole house including the living room so I want something that's more water, impact, stain, scratch resistant than average. The laminates are also rated at AC4, which I feel is good enough, plus alot of AC5 12mm comes with v-grooves which I am not too keen on.

3) Made in Germany. While China is the manufacturer of the world now, it's nice to have an European made product once in a while, so something I like compared to made in China laminates.

4) Lifetime warranty including stains. Gives assurance and peace of mind esp the stains portion when I have kids in the hse.

5) Excellent pre-sales service. He was willing to come over to my place to show me the samples and take site measurements and able to give me a good price whereas most other company will ask you to go over to their showroom (Have to wait to assess the workmanship and post sales service though but the vibes are good :D)

6) Value-for-Money. Quoted 4.3 psf promotional price. While it's not the cheapest quote I got, based on the attributes above, I feel it's quite value for money as other similar quality european AC4 laminates I saw are much more expensive...starting from ard 5+ Psf..

Edited by chling

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my white laminate hunting journey..share some of the white laminates which I viewed..

Parador- abit over my budget though..

laminateparador.jpg

Supreme - these are the 2 whitest, but no more stock..

laminatesupreme.jpg

Allure (waterproof laminate) - very interesting waterproof laminate made of vinyl, but colour too creamy..

laminateevorichallure.jpg

Woodculture - whitest available in the series..

laminatewoodculture.jpg

Pergo & Lavie - one whiter than the other..

laminatepergolavie.jpg

Seems that white is not that popular due to maintenance issues such as dirt between the planks will be more visible than other darker colours. Can only wait to find out how "painful" it will be after we do up ours in white!

Vohringer - one and only white laminate available..

laminatevohringer2.jpg

Checked out kronotex too but did not take pics...

In the end i went for Vohringer as stated in my earlier post.

laminatevohringer.jpg

With matching skirting and all.

Day 1 of Reno:

Hacking of Toilet

Picked an auspicious day and auspicious time which my ID kindly accommodated and instructed his hacking expert to start "moving the earth" accordingly.

Pre-Earth-Moving

d1touchwoodpre.jpg

3 seconds later...the earth has been moved!

d1touchwoodpost.jpg

At the end of the day...whole toilet has been hacked! Fast!

d1hacktoilet.jpg

Day 5 of Reno

Windows installation is here. white powdered coated frames with green glass panes were a natural choice for our theme.

day5windowsarrival.jpg

Electrician doing up the power and lan cables.

day5electrical.jpg

Cement wall at the toilet is also coming up nicely.

day5cementwall.jpg

Progress within the toilet. So glad they managed to remove the two side pipes in the toilet, reduce the clutter.

day5cementtoilet.jpg

Edited by chling

Thanks CHLING for the great information!

The information helps!All the best to your renovation!

I should be going for Vohringer for the following reasons:

1) They have the white colour I want for my theme. This is key as white range laminates are limited in most brands and alot are too creamy or out of stock.

2) Higher quality laminates compared to market. Important for me as I'm doing up laminate for the whole house including the living room so I want something that's more water, impact, stain, scratch resistant than average. The laminates are also rated at AC4, which I feel is good enough, plus alot of AC5 12mm comes with v-grooves which I am not too keen on.

3) Made in Germany. While China is the manufacturer of the world now, it's nice to have an European made product once in a while, so something I like compared to made in China laminates.

4) Lifetime warranty including stains. Gives assurance and peace of mind esp the stains portion when I have kids in the hse.

5) Excellent pre-sales service. He was willing to come over to my place to show me the samples and take site measurements and able to give me a good price whereas most other company will ask you to go over to their showroom (Have to wait to assess the workmanship and post sales service though but the vibes are good :D)

6) Value-for-Money. Quoted 4.3 psf promotional price. While it's not the cheapest quote I got, based on the attributes above, I feel it's quite value for money as other similar quality european AC4 laminates I saw are much more expensive...starting from ard 5+ Psf..

Thanks CHLING for the great information!

The information helps!All the best to your renovation!

No problem. All the best to your research too.

Day 9

Toilet Walls almost up. White textured tiles with broad textures and mosaic in the middle. Abit off the minimalist theme, but we like the patterns! Semi-minimalist white bathroom tiles ;p

day9toiletwall.jpg

Toilet Floor piping layout.

day9toiletfloor.jpg

Ceiling L-box and a mini false ceiling to even out the slanted ceiling

day9ceilinglbox1.jpg

Ceiling for bedroom done up. This will be a white ceiling with white l-box.

day9ceilinglbox2.jpg

Edited by chling

Day 11

Got the workers to help clear the plants outside the main door as well. Most of the bricks are moldy with termites, centipedes, ants, worms etc. We clear out all of them.

(Before)

day11clearplants.jpg

(After)

day11clearplants2.jpg

Bathroom black floor trap. Not easy to find black floor trap and black grating.

day11toiletfloortrap.jpg

Bathroom almost done up...all white tiles with white mosaic supported by black floor and black floor traps!

Thinking of whether to paint the pipes white or black...

day11toilet.jpg

Hi.

Where did u buy ur floor trap?

haha..the black one in my last post is I spray painted myself..it came in stainless steel, from a Singapore brand called Showy which I bought in hardware store for $8.

If you are interested in black stone floor trap, you can try Jonite (www.jonite.com)

They have something like this in black stone which is very nice as well.

3.jpg

Hope this helps :D

chrome legs for the table not a good idea i think. the chrome surface will look tarnished after a period of time. but i don't think there are stainless steel. don't like wood. wondering if acrylic tables are available

chrome legs for the table not a good idea i think. the chrome surface will look tarnished after a period of time. but i don't think there are stainless steel. don't like wood. wondering if acrylic tables are available

oh didn't think of that...yah I'm looking for something white though...so wood in white colour will do for me as well. But not that easy to find especially nice and affordable ones. Do share if you find any nice tables!

• Like 1

i love white laminate, got the Allure series Aspen white for my 2 bedroom & one from Takette series.

I know the consequences of maintenance of white floor but lets see hahaahaa

Edited by salormoon80

i love white laminate, got the Allure series Aspen white for my 2 bedroom & one from Takette series.

I know the consequences of maintenance of white floor but lets see hahaahaa

so u used a different white laminate for one of your bedroom? why?