Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Minimalist Home @ Farrer Gardens

Hi chling,

Love ur dining table n bench. Been trying to look for something similar too. Would u happen to know if star living has the exact same model in black? N u mind sharing how much it costs for dining table n the storage bench?

I want an induction hob too cos the traditional hob is ugly with all the knobs etc. But seems rather Difficult to maintain n electricity bill exp compared to gas?

I bought the dining set which includes the white storage dining table, the storage bench, 2 storage stools (which I am using as side table next to my sofa) and it costs about $1.1K. If you are just looking at the table and bench..will probably be cheaper.

There was also a black version at the Star Living shop near Labrador. The black table has an additional glass top, which I thought was quite cool.

The induction hob I got from Bosch was quite good. Maintenance wise is a breeze...just wipe clean after every meal or use a sponge with soap for the more messy stains. I had some problems with it earlier when I used a lousy quality china-made induction wok which stained the hob. Just make sure you get a good quality induction kitchenware like Tefal or WMF etc. It probably helps to transfer the heat better also. Maintenance wise I think is definitely easier than the traditional gas hob where you have to remove the accessories to clean.

Electricity bill will be more expensive, but this also means no gas bill for the house at all. What I read is that induction transfers heat better than gas fires but how much does that really translates with the difference in electricity and gas charges is anyone's guess ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi chling,

Where did you get the door knobs from... i would like to get the white door knob. After reading your blog and has been running around to get it. But no result.

Appreciate you inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Hi chling,

Where did you get the door knobs from... i would like to get the white door knob. After reading your blog and has been running around to get it. But no result.

Appreciate you inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Patricksng,

Have PMed you. Gd luck in your search!

Minimalist Mood Lighting

Minimalism theme can sometimes look dull or plain and it is difficult to bring out the room ambience. One way we did for the living room is to inject the use of ambientic mood lighting or soft indirect lights to try and create different mood ambience. Combination of minimalism and mood lighting.

Minimalist Black TV on White Minimalist Feature Wall

Added the 2 side stools with storage at the side of the sofa to double as side tables. Snacks and accessories like tissue papers can be kept in them.

They can also double up as stools for my dining table when there are many guests.

I especially love the full black of the TV siting on the white of the wall, complemented by the black console in the middle.

minimalisttv.jpg

Blue minimalist mood lighting

The square ceiling cove lights forms a symbiotic balance with the square feature wall lights to illuminate the room in a cool blue hue.

minimalistmoodlightingb.jpg

Orange minimalist mood lighting

Orange hue to create a warmer feel to the room

minimalistmoodlightingo.jpg

Green minimalist mood lighting

Create the eerie ghost house effect at night ;p

minimalistmoodlightingg.jpg

This gives abit of depth into my living room...the use of RGB LED to add colours to my all white theme.

Minimalistic plain jane in the day....colorful chiongster at night ;p

What do you think?

Hi

May I know what paint and colour code do you use for your living hall? Is it pure white or off white?

I used Nippon paint "Sail White" colour code 1199. See the chart below..

1_chart.jpg

Hi,

Nice reno and especially LIKE the RBG light effect in the living area!

btw, mind sharing with me the supplier for your green tinted windows and white powder coated frames?

appreciate!

Hi,

Nice reno and especially LIKE the RBG light effect in the living area!

btw, mind sharing with me the supplier for your green tinted windows and white powder coated frames?

appreciate!

Thanks. My windows were installed by Alex. You can get his contacts and quote from his website here.

Alex Windows

Good luck!

Hi chling, your repair works done already?

Not yet...they are coming down this Sat to fix the water drainage pipe areas as they suspect the water leakage is from there. If this can solve the leakage problem, then no need to hack the whole floor.

Other parts of rectification works still pending also. I've told them I prefer the rectification works on weekends or if they can all the workers to come on a weekday then I can take leave to accommodate. Else, it will have to be only on weekday evenings after I come home from work.

I've been patient though, never really rush them or what as I know they can be busy with other projects so long as they fix up the problems within a reasonable period of time.

Not yet...they are coming down this Sat to fix the water drainage pipe areas as they suspect the water leakage is from there. If this can solve the leakage problem, then no need to hack the whole floor.

Other parts of rectification works still pending also. I've told them I prefer the rectification works on weekends or if they can all the workers to come on a weekday then I can take leave to accommodate. Else, it will have to be only on weekday evenings after I come home from work.

I've been patient though, never really rush them or what as I know they can be busy with other projects so long as they fix up the problems within a reasonable period of time.

hopefull it's only drainage leakage.

Selling off my 3 months old basin..got it due to miscomm abt the width of my vanity top.

30cm by 60cm (25 cm wide at the narrow middle).

Bought for $140. Selling now for $60. Self collect. Comes with the silver water plug.

Very classy for users with small counter or vanity tops

basin.jpg

It's local :good: the quality is better than those shipped from China..at least when I compared with the batch my friend bought via dealextreme.com. The copper joints are better constructed and not so prone to accidental breakage when you are laying them. Just need to pay abit more.

PMed you the contact. good luck!

I love yr lights too! Can u pls pm me the contact as well. Thanks in adv.