Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starlady29

Beware Of Jae Electrical & Renovation - Sebastian Wong

Beware of JAE Electrical & Renovation

Company Registration No: 53164256M

Email: jae_electrical@live.com.sg

Blk 642 #09-67 Chao Chu Kang St 64 S(580642)

Tel: 6767 6936 HP: 9035 3559

Person In-charge: Sebastian Wong

We had engaged him as our Electrician and already paid him 80% payment. Now we can’t contacted him, called him and sms him no reply. He had left the job uncompleted and after I engaged another Electrician and do a check up, we found that lots of wires he laid had no electrical current.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Beware of JAE Electrical & Renovation

Company Registration No: 53164256M

Email: jae_electrical@live.com.sg

Blk 642 #09-67 Chao Chu Kang St 64 S(580642)

Tel: 6767 6936 HP: 9035 3559

Person In-charge: Sebastian Wong

We had engaged him as our Electrician and already paid him 80% payment. Now we cant contacted him, called him and sms him no reply. He had left the job uncompleted and after I engaged another Electrician and do a check up, we found that lots of wires he laid had no electrical current.

I am also a victim of JAE Electrical. We engaged Sebastian to rewire the whole house. Shoddy work and irresponsible. Sebastian did not personally check on the work done by his workers which they anyhow do. Some sockets backing done by his workers have big cracks around the opening which the wires go through and casing were also not joined/sealed properly. My new electrician got to do quite alot of rectifying work to the wiring, wire casing and sockets.

Somemore his workers made big holes on some of the walls when they did the drilling but didn't bother to seal back/touch-up with plaster. His workers didn't dispose off the rubbish properly and Town Council called my ID. Really give me & my ID alot of headache.

Edited by snoopygal

Sad to hear this...but u should have not paid him 80% when things is still uncompleted...

However, u may refer to hdb website to look for some other license electrician to solve the uncompleted job first.

hope u r fine..

thanks for sharing, i tried to called him his Hi Card already no longer in use.

Which number did u call? It's strange coz he was with me yesterday to rectify the TV reception problem. I SMS-ed him on Saturday (26/11) and he replied promptly on Sunday (27/11).

Hi Yao Long

Have you engaged him to be your electrician? If not yet you better find someone else. Haiz.. he really give me lots of problem and headache..

Hi starlady, yes I had engaged him and he has completed the wiring of my house. Did the LAN cabling as well and the SCV points. I have no issue with him.

Condolences that you have so much problems with him. Hope your problems are solved.

lol. a case of failed sabotage?

Hi Hwaa,

You are very wrong if you think tht we are sabotaging Sebastian.

I have his black n white quotation, the deposit receipt and the refund he made to me.

Whatever his intention is to selectively choose which clients he decides to serve well, I am not interested.

As fellow renotlak member, i benefit greatly form the comments and reviews given here and am obliged to contribute and share my experiences renovating my house.

You are very lucky tht you are not his victim and do not have to go through the stress and headache when he goes MIA, hve sympathy for those we are.

No hard feelings, just stating the truth.

Hi Wojia

How you manage to contact Sebrastian, can advise. I want my $$ back also.

Edited by starlady29

lol. a case of failed sabotage?

Hi Hwaa

Well it's up to you to believe or not. Did you engage Sebrastian? If not yet please go ahead and engage him and let him know that I am (Hazel staying at palm grove) looking for him for the refund if you manage to contact him . Thank you

Wow...finally i found my kakis man! I'm also another victim of Sebastian poor work ethics and work quality man.

Initially chase me to pay down deposit, then say any time we wana start the work also can. Then when we arranged for him to meet at our new hse to finalise the electrical pts, he went MIA and stood us up for an hr...no reply on hp and sms. At nite then sms say his mother passed away...so boh bian la. This no choice 1 mah. This is jus begining...

After tat, when he finally came up to install the electrical pts, so many issues, like Snoopygal said, he never supervise his staff, anyhow drill hole, casing not done up properly, a lot of cuts and cracks on the casings, etc...best of all...his worker install the heater pt at the opp wall where the water pipe is. In the end he has to retile the toilet wall for me...summore initially still argue with me. And we realised that he installed Cat5e cables when we paid for Cat 6 lor! Really feel cheated man!

Long story short...crap crap crap! When ask for $ very fast, do thing super slow and a lot of issues. The only time he responded to my call/sms is when i told him that if i dun hear from him within the next hr i'll report him to EMA. Maybe we shld gang up to make a complaint against him hor. Becos of him ah, my entire reno delayed for more than 2wks.

Now most of the lights up liao, but then have to come to my hse to rectify 3x and still not done properly...faint! I will never engage him again. I bargained my way thru to 15% of the payment to be forfeited and he must complete the entire job and rectify everything until i'm satisfied. How much did you guys get back?

Hi Wojia

How you manage to contact Sebrastian, can advise. I want my $$ back also.

He contacted me on Thursday mrning (24/11) after I wrote the bad reviews about him on this forum the day before(Wed).I sent him many smses, made many unanswered calls, the last sms being tht he have to refund me the deposit by Sunday, failing which i hve no hesitation to report him to the relevant authorities. Gave him a reminder call on Saturday abt his promise to refund. he called me after he did the fund transofer on Sunday mrning. At least, he kept his promise this time and am glad to take back the deposit.

i have only his mobile number 9035 3559. youcan try to call him, hopefully he answers the phone.

good luck.

He contacted me on Thursday mrning (24/11) after I wrote the bad reviews about him on this forum the day before(Wed).I sent him many smses, made many unanswered calls, the last sms being tht he have to refund me the deposit by Sunday, failing which i hve no hesitation to report him to the relevant authorities. Gave him a reminder call on Saturday abt his promise to refund. he called me after he did the fund transofer on Sunday mrning. At least, he kept his promise this time and am glad to take back the deposit.

i have only his mobile number 9035 3559. youcan try to call him, hopefully he answers the phone.

good luck.

Wojia, u're lucky that you managed to take back your deposit man and having to avoid half past 6 kind of work quality. Hope you'll be able to find another electrician that can do the job well. I'm already too deep in...even with the current discount of 15%, i still don't find it adequate to clear the mess he created in the first place.