Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starlady29

Beware Of Jae Electrical & Renovation - Sebastian Wong

Wow...finally i found my kakis man! I'm also another victim of Sebastian poor work ethics and work quality man.

Initially chase me to pay down deposit, then say any time we wana start the work also can. Then when we arranged for him to meet at our new hse to finalise the electrical pts, he went MIA and stood us up for an hr...no reply on hp and sms. At nite then sms say his mother passed away...so boh bian la. This no choice 1 mah. This is jus begining...

After tat, when he finally came up to install the electrical pts, so many issues, like Snoopygal said, he never supervise his staff, anyhow drill hole, casing not done up properly, a lot of cuts and cracks on the casings, etc...best of all...his worker install the heater pt at the opp wall where the water pipe is. In the end he has to retile the toilet wall for me...summore initially still argue with me. And we realised that he installed Cat5e cables when we paid for Cat 6 lor! Really feel cheated man!

Long story short...crap crap crap! When ask for $ very fast, do thing super slow and a lot of issues. The only time he responded to my call/sms is when i told him that if i dun hear from him within the next hr i'll report him to EMA. Maybe we shld gang up to make a complaint against him hor. Becos of him ah, my entire reno delayed for more than 2wks.

Now most of the lights up liao, but then have to come to my hse to rectify 3x and still not done properly...faint! I will never engage him again. I bargained my way thru to 15% of the payment to be forfeited and he must complete the entire job and rectify everything until i'm satisfied. How much did you guys get back?

Same here, feel so cheated. Don't know whether did he lay the opennet fiber pipe for me or not. Can't find the opening, only find it inside my hse or don't know where it link to. The wire he used has not standard, lighting wire and powerpoint wire are the same don't know which 1 is which, no labeling also. My new electrician has to go thru the messy and source them out. Haiz… Hopefully they can get my house done up by today. I had been living in the messy for nearly two months without TV and internet connection.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wojia, u're lucky that you managed to take back your deposit man and having to avoid half past 6 kind of work quality. Hope you'll be able to find another electrician that can do the job well. I'm already too deep in...even with the current discount of 15%, i still don't find it adequate to clear the mess he created in the first place.

HI Doel0303,

Yes, i am indeed very lucky tht i managed to get Mr lye( the boss) form Zenterra to do the wiring the very next day after sebastian stood me up. He probably took pity on me after i told him my sad story despite his very heavy schedule. Wiring was completed last Saturday and they will be installing the lightings this coming Monday.

Zenterra workers, Daniel the supervisor and himd team of workers, esp Ah Huat are very obliging and they know their work well. wWorkermanship,quality of electrical casing et and pricing so much more superior than Sebasitian'S.

Highly recommend Zenterra.

HI Doel0303,

Yes, i am indeed very lucky tht i managed to get Mr lye( the boss) form Zenterra to do the wiring the very next day after sebastian stood me up. He probably took pity on me after i told him my sad story despite his very heavy schedule. Wiring was completed last Saturday and they will be installing the lightings this coming Monday.

Zenterra workers, Daniel the supervisor and himd team of workers, esp Ah Huat are very obliging and they know their work well. wWorkermanship,quality of electrical casing et and pricing so much more superior than Sebasitian'S.

Highly recommend Zenterra.

Hi Wojia, good for you. Glad that you found a gd electrician. Dun noe y i so suay to kena him. Haiz...

Anyway happy reno...send me your pics if you have any...

Same here, feel so cheated. Don't know whether did he lay the opennet fiber pipe for me or not. Can't find the opening, only find it inside my hse or don't know where it link to. The wire he used has not standard, lighting wire and powerpoint wire are the same don't know which 1 is which, no labeling also. My new electrician has to go thru the messy and source them out. Haiz… Hopefully they can get my house done up by today. I had been living in the messy for nearly two months without TV and internet connection.

Hi Starlady29, how much did you managed to get from him? It's really **** when kena such unethical contractors.

I have to chase him every single day for an update and it's always delay delay delay.

His tiler was supposed to come on mon to change the tiles, now it is wed liao and he said that he cannot find his tiler.

Win liao lor. I really feel so pek chek that i wana paste a "da zi bao" at his house man.

I just hope this will end soon. Really mus buy flower water to bathe man.

hey, how did you guys get him? we received an sms from his wife saying that his grandparent was passed away in msia... and he wont be in from nov24 till Nov 28.. we received the msg was on nov 25.

but how cm you guys get to see him???

hey, how did you guys get him? we received an sms from his wife saying that his grandparent was passed away in msia... and he wont be in from nov24 till Nov 28.. we received the msg was on nov 25.

but how cm you guys get to see him???

wow,and i tot my experience was bad..now,its nothing compared to what you guys experienced..btw i was informed by him last mth tat his father passed away..

as for the ppl who cannot contact him via his HI card num..i received an sms from him 2-3weeks ago that he lost his mobile n changed number..

b4 engaging him,i read alot of reviews abt his work from this forum..all of them saying his work is gd n how professional he is..

he finished his job last month for my new flat.. but i was not impressed with his lack of responsibility and worksmanship..

firstly, he requested to rescheduled the wiring works from a weekend to a weekday cos his father passed away..this is just 2 days b4 the day of wiring. i had to take leave to accomodate his request..nvm,out of goodwill n understanding,i obliged..

day of wiring came,i rushed to the flat in the morning fearing tt i might b late in opening the door for them to start work.. to my surprise, no one has arrived yet.

i waited. ard 11 plus in the morning, i called n asked what time is he coming..he replied soon hesistantly..

1pm came, no calls from him watsoever..i smsed him,asking what time he'll b here again..he replied,2pm..

4.30pm came, still no calls from him or no signs of even his workers..i got super pissed..

i called him n ask if he is coming at all..he still got the cheek to tell him his workers r at my flat..i informed him that no one is at the flat except me. den he told me that he'll check with his guys..15mins passed..no update from him..i called again..tis time he told me his guys r coming over..

in the end they arrived at around 6.30pm..i told them no matter what they will have to complete the wiring works today..so they started work,shortly after work starts,got ppl complain abt the drilling and knocking..bobian have to stop..den he told me they will continue the next day.

I had no choice but to pass him the keys n HOPE that its done the next day..

after the wiring works done,he was very proactive in collecting $$$..

I was very pissed but bobian,no budget to engaged another electrician..so i tolerate n hope everything goes thru..

installation of lightings,they were punctual..but,broke 2 of my light tubes n nvr even offer to replace it at their cost..nvm

lighting not working well after installation..so i called him n ask him to go n rectify..we made an appointment and this time i let him set the time..

day of rectification came, my wife took leave n waited..den they did it again..nvr appear n no calls to inform at all..my wife n i smsed n called many times,no answer or reply.

when i finally got him, i reprimanded him for not showing up AGAIN..he still got the cheek to tell me that he got no outstanding issues/jobs at my flat alrdy..

in the end,he came down n did the rectifications..n told me it was out of goodwill cos problem does not lie with their wiring..problem is with the light fittings..

i told him,i dun care where the problem lies..his job is install the lights..n make it work..simple..

after this experience, i told myself,next time engage electrician thru my main contractor..

i will not engage him in future anymore.

sorry for the long story..jus had to let it out..

Edited by haha08

wow,and i tot my experience was bad..now,its nothing compared to what you guys experienced..btw i was informed by him last mth tat his father passed away..

as for the ppl who cannot contact him via his HI card num..i received an sms from him 2-3weeks ago that he lost his mobile n changed number..

b4 engaging him,i read alot of reviews abt his work from this forum..all of them saying his work is gd n how professional he is..

he finished his job last month for my new flat.. but i was not impressed with his lack of responsibility and worksmanship..

firstly, he requested to rescheduled the wiring works from a weekend to a weekday cos his father passed away..this is just 2 days b4 the day of wiring. i had to take leave to accomodate his request..nvm,out of goodwill n understanding,i obliged..

day of wiring came,i rushed to the flat in the morning fearing tt i might b late in opening the door for them to start work.. to my surprise, no one has arrived yet.

i waited. ard 11 plus in the morning, i called n asked what time is he coming..he replied soon hesistantly..

1pm came, no calls from him watsoever..i smsed him,asking what time he'll b here again..he replied,2pm..

4.30pm came, still no calls from him or no signs of even his workers..i got super pissed..

i called him n ask if he is coming at all..he still got the cheek to tell him his workers r at my flat..i informed him that no one is at the flat except me. den he told me that he'll check with his guys..15mins passed..no update from him..i called again..tis time he told me his guys r coming over..

in the end they arrived at around 6.30pm..i told them no matter what they will have to complete the wiring works today..so they started work,shortly after work starts,got ppl complain abt the drilling and knocking..bobian have to stop..den he told me they will continue the next day.

I was very pissed but bobian,no budget to engaged another electrician..so i tolerate n hope everything goes thru..

installation of lightings,they were punctual..but,broke 2 of my light tubes n nvr even offer to replace it at their cost..nvm

lighting not working well after installation..so i called him n ask him to go n rectify..we made an appointment and this time i let him set the time..

day of rectification came, my wife took leave n waited..den they did it again..nvr appear n no calls to inform at all..my wife n i smsed n called many times,no answer or reply.

when i finally got him, i reprimanded him for not showing up AGAIN..he still got the cheek to tell me that he got no outstanding issues/jobs at my flat alrdy..

in the end,he came down n did the rectifications..n told me it was out of goodwill cos problem does not lie with their wiring..problem is with the light fittings..

i told him,i dun care where the problem lies..his job is install the lights..n make it work..simple..

after this experience, i told myself,next time engage electrician thru my main contractor..

Hi Haha08,

Truly sorry to hear wht you have gone through with tht id***. Dont mean to curse him, he obviously like to use his family members' death as an excuse for not turning up.

Seems more and more reno members are writing abt the bad experiences with him.

I was really afraid when i first posted such negative reviews on him last week(think i am the first one to do so), thinking tht i would likely get bombarded after such glowing reviews of him. Now, i consider myself very lucky as my contact with him was brief and i managed to get my refund back after hearing all these terrible stories abt him.

Take care and hope all works out well for you.

Haha08 - this is really too much! !@#$%$%^ After reading the latest reviews this morn, my blood is boiling right now! How can he treat us like fools; taking kindness for weakness. We have the almost same encounter and i still have a lot of pending job with him. I really cannot take this lying down anymore. I'm going to send EMA a complaint letter about him and make sures that he complete the job at the date which i stipulate. Don't care if i have to take leave and sit at the main door just to make sure that he completes the job. I'm sure he'll pop in to RT to chk out his reviews. He better be careful about his professionalism cos his reputation is on the line, or he simply don't care anymore. Are you guys keen to gang up for the complaint?

OMG....thank you guys for posting the feedback.

I contacted Sebastian last week and almost going to engage him....based from the past reviews.

Have to pull my horse...and look for other electrician.

I contacted Sebastian last week and almost going to engage him....based from the past reviews.

DO NOT even consider him man. He'll only put misery into your reno and possible future issues on your electrical man.

Becos of him, i got so stressed out and many times unable to sleep cos he keeps delaying my schedules with his stupid excuses.

Just becos he has a hotel project, he can delay our jobs on our expense???!!!

He also delayed my reno for 2 weeks stating the same reason (mum passed away) and lots of unanswered smses and calls... one strange thing was after that, I accidentally saw his HP rang and the name of the caller was "Mom"... really wonder how many parents he have... luckily for my case, everything was settled in the end except for crimping of 2 CAT6 cables, same thing, no response from him at all till now.

That reminds me... I better go check my LAN cables...

He also delayed my reno for 2 weeks stating the same reason (mum passed away) and lots of unanswered smses and calls... one strange thing was after that, I accidentally saw his HP rang and the name of the caller was "Mom"... really wonder how many parents he have... luckily for my case, everything was settled in the end except for crimping of 2 CAT6 cables, same thing, no response from him at all till now.

Better not coz u might b next 'victim' :)

haiyo then u never suan him meh? never ask how many mothers he have? today he's supposed to go up to my hse to change the switches and re-programme the remote control. first sms no reply, 2nd my husband call him hp is off, 3rd now reply my sms say he will change the switches when my carpentry is up. today only do the remote and the balcony switch. Really don't make sense leh. Since he's there y dun change it all at once. Y always mus push to later time???