Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigbearyong

Any Comment On Ahomestory

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can share some drawings ?

Hi Barcounter,

Im not sure if i can share the drawing as i had sign on the drawing. will check with my ID if im allow to share.

Just finish app with vin, it was great app we spend 3hrs going thru lots of details and also going thru his quotation.. Time spend with him I will say that is really worth while, lots of clearing of doubts and lots of guiding of ways to save and cut cost. Nothing pushy and nothing over sell. To us it's a very down to earth sale speech. The price quoted is in the mid range not the cheapest. But was ensure that all material is of a higher range. For cabinet inside got 4 colours to chose from rather then just white and also come with soft close door. Will say that overall feel comfortable. Will wait for another 2 more quotations from shortlisted id. Meanwhile next we'd will also be going to vin showflat to see the material and workmanship. Will keep update. Guys if want see more comparing for my renovation can see my t blog named "ghim moh"..

Update: Went to visit homestory showflats and the design is more or less what we like. The material can't really tell whether is it good or not (we are not that knowledgeable to what wood has been used) but overall the workmanship is good. Did a small chat with James and apple (house owner) the feedback is good and truthful. Was happy to hear that things that they are not happy with. Homestory is able to make sure things are done up to standard. We are currently waiting for vin to get back to us for the 3rd meeting to run thru the amended quotation. Update 2: have also seen interior place showflats. Design also very nice . The house owners did share alot we us but felt abit oversell by the home owners almost feel like they are getting commission. The house owners aside, The workmanship of their things are also good but the first quotation is on the high side. Also still waiting for reply. Update 3:have also seen the work of colours. Very similar to homestory showflat. All cabinet using colour for inside and door that close slowly. Didnt get a chance to talk to the house owner due to having kids running around .Workmanship also good. The price quoted is comparable with homestory. Have already gotten their amended quotation.

happy holis. wooo barcounter seem like you have a busy week. the mentioned co i did contact them before. they are outstanding co. but the range of comparing is wrong. you cant really compare TIP with the other 2. TIP is a more branded co having lots of road show and expo show. home story and colours are closer in range. home story is doing more on newspaper ads and referral. while colours is only going by word of mouth. that is also why there is sure a jump in price (overhead effect). it is good that you check out with the showflat owners to get a rough feel of what they feel after renovation which is important. Things sometime how good a designer is, still will go wrong and it may not be fully the designer fault but the supplier or just a mislook. what we want is id that will help us clear everything instead of pushing.

Hi im new to this forum and are looking for IDs, can intro? Thanks!

hi smallgalchong, if you dun mind i can pm you my ID. he is very responsive and doesnt really sales talk which is also one of the reason why we choose him.

Since i start this thread, think i should share a little of my experience with them.

About their service ~ Even before we pen down and sign the contract with them, we must agree that Willy has always been punctual, attentive & nice to work with & able to meet up late in the evening and meeting us at where we requested. Whats best is that he is not pushy at all and will not force you to accept his design (unlike other designer i met who insisted that we must accept his space planing design) this is also one of the factor why we choose their company to do our renovation work. Another factor why we sign with them is that their contact is very detail leaving no rooms for hidden cost, no GST, and also the better quality materials that they are giving like, soft closing for all cabinets door, all inner of carpentries are with coloured interior which i find is good rather that the ugly white interior and all drawers for wardrobe comes with glass panel. For the price that we are paying (their quote is not the cheapest or the most expensive) i must say that it is really value for money as compared to other quote that i receive from well known interior company.

About their design ~ after signing the contract with them, we had meet up twice discussing about the design and going through past design / magazine / cut out that we like so that we can have them to mix and match into the 3Ds design. It took them about 10days to present to us the first set of drawing. Understand that 3Ds will take quite a while before its complete. When we first see the design on the paper, we are very happy as it is what we had discuss in our past meeting. Must really give it to Willy as we quite demanding as it comes to the design that we want to achieve and by keep probing us with ton of questions about what we really like and telling us what is practical it really helps to come out with nice design and really fit our requirement.

thats all for now... will update again soon when i got time... happy new year to all

hi smallgalchong, if you dun mind i can pm you my ID. he is very responsive and doesnt really sales talk which is also one of the reason why we choose him.

Pls pm me your ID contact.

Thanks-in-advance

Morning all. I have confirm appoInting vin as our I'd. After comparing of prices and visiting his job. We felt comfortable with him. This sat we will be meeting him to sign the contract and also go thru the design works with him. The main reason we agreed to take him on is that we feel that he is able to give us the down to earth feel. And the pro and con he said was nothing but truthful. So we have now got a rough idea how things will be rather then expecting a disappointment due to oversell by I'd in order to clinch the deal.