Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

aiyoh....better install a wall mounted portable fire extinguisher in your kitchen.

hheee..will probably get but not for the dryer cos i hardly use it. only used once without success

Hi NeoBy,

Newbie here..trying to search good contractor to do my reno.

Do you mind to share your contractor contact and the breakdown price?

Thank you in advance.

Hi narnia,

I mind, cos you are not Aslan. lol!!! I do not recommend my contractor to you. I believe you will be in better hands if you seek May_dream or Mae29's contacts.

During the renovation, my contractor told me he won't glue/put silicon between the hob and kitchen surface top. He explained it will be easier if I need to change the hob subsequently. I agreed....thinking how nice.

Recently, I found a couple of loss ants on surface top and near the sink. I didn't think too much and just got rid of them.

Few days back, I decided to lift up the hob just to see. Disaster!! Sauce from cooking plus ants!!! I had to lift each sides of the hob slightly and use a cloth to clean. I think that's where the ants come from. Now I am quite upset. Any of your contractor suggest not to glue/silicon the hob and surface top?

During the renovation, my contractor told me he won't glue/put silicon between the hob and kitchen surface top. He explained it will be easier if I need to change the hob subsequently. I agreed....thinking how nice.

Recently, I found a couple of loss ants on surface top and near the sink. I didn't think too much and just got rid of them.

Few days back, I decided to lift up the hob just to see. Disaster!! Sauce from cooking plus ants!!! I had to lift each sides of the hob slightly and use a cloth to clean. I think that's where the ants come from. Now I am quite upset. Any of your contractor suggest not to glue/silicon the hob and surface top?

My hob is not stick on the solid top. The glass hob can be lifted off from the solid top. Now that you remind me food sauce may stuck between the sides, I will add this to my cleaning routine every time I cook. I am quite particular about cleanliness.

My hob is not stick on the solid top. The glass hob can be lifted off from the solid top. Now that you remind me food sauce may stuck between the sides, I will add this to my cleaning routine every time I cook. I am quite particular about cleanliness.

Yeap, may dream told someone over boiled the soup and it flowed down under. So have to consider.

Yeap, may dream told someone over boiled the soup and it flowed down under. So have to consider.

That is so dangerous. There is pros and cons to not using silicon to stick the hob to the solid top. And the reason why not use silicon is because it does not allow the glass to "expand" and "contract"? Yesterday I cooked mapo taufou and make a mess of the kitchen. I cleaned don't know don't know how many times (I lost count), until the kitchen is no longer oily. I think I will stick to my maggie mee from now onwards.

That is so dangerous. There is pros and cons to not using silicon to stick the hob to the solid top. And the reason why not use silicon is because it does not allow the glass to "expand" and "contract"? Yesterday I cooked mapo taufou and make a mess of the kitchen. I cleaned don't know don't know how many times (I lost count), until the kitchen is no longer oily. I think I will stick to my maggie mee from now onwards.

Hohoho....I avoid all splashy food for my kitchen. Don't know how mums of yesterday managed. Guess those portable gas stoves are useful.

mapo toufu is very yummy... cannot use big strong fire after all ingredients are added together, must slimmer cook over low fire preferably with a lid with small hole on it.

almost every weekend, i cook bah kuet kut teh... i love the meyer pot i bought, the lid comes with a small hole for hot steam to escape, on my rinnai 2cg hob, i use the smallest setting to slimmer boil the soup for 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the rib meat. if use my usually pot, it will overflow every few minutes, if without lid the soup will dry up every fast, adding more water is not nice.

Edited by taichipanda

mapo toufu is very yummy... cannot use big strong fire after all ingredients are added together, must slimmer cook over low fire preferably with a lid with small hole on it.

almost every weekend, i cook bah kuet teh... i love the meyer pot i bought, the lid comes with a small hole for hot steam to escape, on my rinnai 2cg hob, i use the smallest setting to slimmer boil the soup for 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the rib meat. if use my usually pot, it will overflow every few minutes, if without lid the soup will dry up every fast, adding more water is not nice.

Good tip. I was referring to the recipe, and it says need to simmer over low fire, but I didn't. I will try that dish again. The dish turned out quite horrible and salty, but hubby still finished all. :o

Good tip. I was referring to the recipe, and it says need to simmer over low fire, but I didn't. I will try that dish again. The dish turned out quite horrible and salty, but hubby still finished all. :o

haha...next time invite me to go try k. the bak kut teh and ma po dou fu

Its cooked by you, of course your hubby will finish it all no matter how bad it taste. maybe its not as bad as you think too. hahahaha.... i dont knwo how to cook that, maybe you can teach me? i still owe you a meal, will pm you my number so we can arrange separately.

another tip on the salty part... dont put too much salt cos everyone taste bud are different, not salty enough later can add soy sauce or dip into a small dish of soy sauce.

my bah kuet kut teh i use the ready-made "Song Fa" powder 1 packet (inside has 2 bags), 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of light kikoman soy sauce, 20 medium size whole garlic over 2-3 liter of alkaline water. Put all ingredients into room temperature water and bring to a boil on big fire, then slimmer boil on medium-low fire for another 30-40 minutes.

yesterday i didnt cook, high chances will cook tonight, maybe i shoot some pictures to show the process.

Edited by taichipanda