Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Anyone shifted the clothes hanger installed by HDB? Can it be done? I need to shift it in order to put a dryer on top of the washer, otherwise the dryer will block the hanger when I try to lower it.

I asked Rick to shift. His plumber claimed that it is a HDB installation and his plumber is not allowed to and cannot shift it. True? :dunno:

I told him I'm insistent to shift it and ask what are the difficulties, beside the HDB restriction that his plumber claimed. Waiting for his reply now...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone shifted the clothes hanger installed by HDB? Can it be done? I need to shift it in order to put a dryer on top of the washer, otherwise the dryer will block the hanger when I try to lower it.

I asked Rick to shift. His plumber claimed that it is a HDB installation and his plumber is not allowed to and cannot shift it. True? :dunno:

I told him I'm insistent to shift it and ask what are the difficulties, beside the HDB restriction that his plumber claimed. Waiting for his reply now...

Hi Punggolfamily, I had removed it when doing demolition of walls. It can be done & dun need to get HDB approval :)

I only see this. maybe you do a search

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/RENO_GUIDEBOOK/$file/RenoGuide.pdf

13 Clothes Drying Hanger

No permit required

Installation of clothes drying hanger

on ceiling in kitchen/service yard

Power-driven nails of 6 mm diameter

and not exceeding 40mm in penetration

depth are to be used.

[Note: Installation/replacement at

air-conditioner ledge is not allowed]

pay then can be done. lol

Edited by NeoBY

Not plumber's job and they are trying to smoke you. They are lazy bunch of people, no one want to do extra work without pay.

If you engage an ID, get ID to do it (he will get his main contractor to shift it); if you engage an contractor, get main contractor to shift it (he will ask his sub contractor to do it).

My place got some fixtures on wall left behind by previous owner, get my main con to remove it, no sound no picture... ended up my designer roll up his sleeve, remove it by drilling it off, patch back the wall and repaint it.

Not plumber's job and they are trying to smoke you. They are lazy bunch of people, no one want to do extra work without pay.

If you engage an ID, get ID to do it (he will get his main contractor to shift it); if you engage an contractor, get main contractor to shift it (he will ask his sub contractor to do it).

My place got some fixtures on wall left behind by previous owner, get my main con to remove it, no sound no picture... ended up my designer roll up his sleeve, remove it by drilling it off, patch back the wall and repaint it.

hahaha.....i think the workers are "eating" him. I also paid so the plumber can help me fixed mirrors, blinds in the rooms as well as the ikea mirror in bathroom.

I still got a nail sticking out on top of my main door not removed despite numerous reminders.

Edited by NeoBY

I only see this. maybe you do a search

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/RENO_GUIDEBOOK/$file/RenoGuide.pdf

13 Clothes Drying Hanger

No permit required

Installation of clothes drying hanger

on ceiling in kitchen/service yard

Power-driven nails of 6 mm diameter

and not exceeding 40mm in penetration

depth are to be used.

[Note: Installation/replacement at

air-conditioner ledge is not allowed]

pay then can be done. lol

If it is money issue, his plumber should state it so... don't smoke me lah...

Edited by Punggolfamily

Rick is my ID leh... and he said that his plumber is the person to shift it if it can be shift. :dunno:

Edited by Punggolfamily

If it is money issue, his plumber or Rick should state it so... don't smoke me lah...

hhmm...or u wanna call HDB to check? then no need guess here guess there.

hahaha.....i think the workers are "eating" him. I also paid so the plumber can help me fixed mirrors, blinds in the rooms as well as the ikea mirror in bathroom.

I still got a nail sticking out on top of my main door not removed despite numerous reminders.

1st time hearing that sub-contractor 'eating' the main con/ID... must complain to Kenneth(boss of ideal house?)

a bit too much ba.... nothing is done despite numerous reminders.

Edited by Punggolfamily

hhmm...or u wanna call HDB to check? then no need guess here guess there.

Erm...that is Rick's job to do so? Wait for a day or two, if the answer is the same, I will check with HDB myself.

Erm...that is Rick's job to do so? Wait for a day or two, if the answer is the same, I will check with HDB myself.

usually ID will ask plumber to do it cos plumber usually will come with drills to drill holes for all the accessories in the toilet like cloth hanger in toilet, or toilet roll holder and bidet. So use the drill to take out the screws for the cloth hanger in your service yard will be easy job loh.

Just tell him that it can be done lah. Rick will do it for you, i believe.

1st time hearing that sub-contractor 'eating' the main con/ID... must complain to Kenneth(boss of ideal house?)

What! a bit too much ba.... nothing is done despite numerous reminders.

forgetful i think. kenneth is not boss, he claims. he said he is senior with some authority.

What! a bit too much ba.... nothing is done despite numerous reminders.

just guessing. anyway i gave up on that.

forgetful i think. kenneth is not boss, he claims. he said he is senior with some authority.

Hmmm read somewhere in RT that Kenneth is actually the boss. :dunno: I hope that I don't have to go to him to solve issues.

Edited by Punggolfamily