Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Hmmm read somewhere in RT that Kenneth is actually the boss. :dunno: I hope that I don't have to go to him to solve issues.

He told me he's not so I take with pinch of salt. I think I still got his number somewhere. Anyway it should be posted somewhere in this forum. Just tell him what you want. Better to have at least weekly meet. I think sms and email very difficult.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From the readings, I feel that this ID firm don't coordinate things well or they simply got no control over their workers at all. If anything happens, such as workers not happy, they sure walk out from this ID. Then who suffer? Homeowners.

usually ID will ask plumber to do it cos plumber usually will come with drills to drill holes for all the accessories in the toilet like cloth hanger in toilet, or toilet roll holder and bidet. So use the drill to take out the screws for the cloth hanger in your service yard will be easy job loh.

Just tell him that it can be done lah. Rick will do it for you, i believe.

Yup. I also think so. :)

From the readings, I feel that this ID firm don't coordinate things well or they simply got no control over their workers at all. If anything happens, such as workers not happy, they sure walk out from this ID. Then who suffer? Homeowners.

They had good reviews. I am not sure if it's the ID or the firm.

I think not that bad yet. Maybe is the way I wrote it that give a negative impression.

I feel the coordination is good since the work is following closely to the schedule I gotten in the beginning. Some credit to him also as he did manage to get the addition false ceiling at the foyer done over the weekend at a last minute notice. :)

Edited by Punggolfamily

They had good reviews. I am not sure if it's the ID or the firm.

maybe is the manner I put forward the minor issues...tend to be emotional..Opps.

Frankly, till date, he is still meeting my expectations. :)

Edited by Punggolfamily

maybe is the manner I put forward the minor issues...tend to be emotional..Opps.

Frankly, till date, he is still meeting my expectations. :)

I also had some issues with him. But I give and take lor.

Anyone shifted the clothes hanger installed by HDB? Can it be done? I need to shift it in order to put a dryer on top of the washer, otherwise the dryer will block the hanger when I try to lower it.

I asked Rick to shift. His plumber claimed that it is a HDB installation and his plumber is not allowed to and cannot shift it. True? :dunno:

I told him I'm insistent to shift it and ask what are the difficulties, beside the HDB restriction that his plumber claimed. Waiting for his reply now...

Some update on the above matter.

This is the clothes hanger that I were referring to. Not sure if 'clothes hanger' is the right way to call it.

photo3-2.jpg

On the same day where he smsed me, he called me later in the day to explain. Some mis-comm here..... it is not due to regulations that his plumber refuses to shift the hanger. Rather, it is the validity of the warranty. Let me explain.

1)this type of hanger is heavy and requires a wall plug that comes with long screws (>4cm) so as to mount securely on the ceiling.

2)the hanger is in a wet area and the floor is under HDB warranty. Thus, there is a risk of damaging the floor's water proofing of the unit above me.

3)His plumber used to shift it, but until there was once where the ceiling leaks water and the warranty has voided because the hanger was shifted. In the end, his plumber paid for all the repair cost.

Above sound logical to me and I think it is fair that his plumber refuses to do the job.

In the meantime, Rick is finding an alternative person, someone with drill eg. electrican, to shift the hanger for me. Before that, he needs to ascertain the length of the screws of the wall plug first. Hope he get it done before the final painting job starts!

Update on reno progress. Some lights were installed! Besides the typical downlights, here are pictures of the other lights.

MBR toilet

IMG_0883-1.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0888-1.jpg

Will be removing the track lights and installing it back after the solid table top is done.

WIW

IMG_0885.jpg

Still short of the crystal light.

Edited by Punggolfamily

My loot for the day! Wanted to get a rainshower system, but the floor to concealment box(ceiling) height in the toilet is just too low for a typical rainshower with a arch to work. So, got this instead! The bracket that holds the shower head can be twisted in such a way that it is 90degree to the wall and the showerhead is almost touching the ceiling. In this case, it should work better than a typical rainshower set. :D

showerhead.jpg

Edited by Punggolfamily

Hi punggolfamily, I like ur black track lights...do u mind sharing where u bought from & how much? Tks. :)

U not from spore motherhood portal hor? Thot I came across a punggolfamily nick there too.

Hi punggolfamily, I like ur black track lights...do u mind sharing where u bought from & how much? Tks. :)

U not from spore motherhood portal hor? Thot I came across a punggolfamily nick there too.

Hi! PM-ed you! We are not in that forum. Still enjoying two person world with wifey :D

Went to MGL today. Nice showroom and has quite a wide selection of material.

Was quoted $2.1K for:

1)Day & normal curtain for living area

2)Day & dimmer curtain for BR2

3)Day and normal curtain for WIW

4)Day and dimmer curtain for MBR

5)PVC roller curtain for window at study area

Was quoted $2.1K+ for the above....cheap or ex? :dunno: Going to get 1 or 2 more quotations to compare.

Went to D'Zender over the last weekend. Although their showroom is small, but there are many fabric types to choose from. Spent 2 hrs+ and decided to let them to do our curtains.

Price wise is comparable to MGL. I'm most impressed with the service that was given to us. The lady who served us is very helpful and patience. Besides staying past the showroom opening hours to serve us, she gave many suggestions on which type of fabric will match the room wall colour and design, gave comments on the fabric we shortlisted, suggested similar fabric but cost cheaper and small tips to save money etc. I also like the way she start off the whole process, i.e She first calculated a rough quotation based on average range of fabric. If we are ok with the rough quote, than she will show us the fabric within the average range first. If we don't like, she then show us the next higher range and next higher if we still don't like it. For the whole process, we were sitting down and she was doing all the hardwork searching for fabrics and holding 2 fabric up far for our comparison. Overall, we had a pleasant "find-the-right-fabric-process". :D

Lastly, must thanks her boss for giving us a good discount!

Edited by Punggolfamily

Carpentry has been delivered and installation work have started on the same day. I was amazed by the amount of woods there are and how did the two men team managed to move all of them up? :dunno: Feeling excited now and looking forward to the day when installation is completed! :sport-smiley-004: Will post more pictures and updates on carpentry in the days ahead!

photo5-1-1.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Edited by Punggolfamily