Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Carpentry has been delivered and installation work have started on the same day. I was amazed by the amount of woods there are and how did the two men team managed to move all of them up? :dunno: Feeling excited now and looking forward to the day when installation is completed! :sport-smiley-004: Will post more pictures and updates on carpentry in the days ahead!

Tell me about the workmanship. And if it's better. Tell Rick I am very pissed with mine.

Tell me about the workmanship. And if it's better. Tell Rick I am very pissed with mine.

Maybe after your problem, he more careful then will be swee swee Liao?

Still work in progress so very hard to tell how is the workmanship. I also hope it will be swee swee....

:dunno:

Some update on the above matter.

This is the clothes hanger that I were referring to. Not sure if 'clothes hanger' is the right way to call it.

photo3-2.jpg

On the same day where he smsed me, he called me later in the day to explain. Some mis-comm here..... it is not due to regulations that his plumber refuses to shift the hanger. Rather, it is the validity of the warranty. Let me explain.

1)this type of hanger is heavy and requires a wall plug that comes with long screws (>4cm) so as to mount securely on the ceiling.

2)the hanger is in a wet area and the floor is under HDB warranty. Thus, there is a risk of damaging the floor's water proofing of the unit above me.

3)His plumber used to shift it, but until there was once where the ceiling leaks water and the warranty has voided because the hanger was shifted. In the end, his plumber paid for all the repair cost.

Above sound logical to me and I think it is fair that his plumber refuses to do the job.

In the meantime, Rick is finding an alternative person, someone with drill eg. electrican, to shift the hanger for me. Before that, he needs to ascertain the length of the screws of the wall plug first. Hope he get it done before the final painting job starts!

Development for the above.

He said his electrican can shift it. BUT, the electrican has not done it before and I need to pay additional $70. Now I am in a dilemana... dunno if its ok to ask someone who has no experience to shift it or just get external contractor to shift it. :dunno: Anyone know the difficulties involved can share pls?

Edited by Punggolfamily

Hee hee hee.

Capentry is looking good. :thumbs up:

How long it took ?

We took 6 weeks and 7 meetings to finalise the carpentry. Hopefully the time spent will prevent any mis-comms in the carpentry....

One problem for the carpentry: Wardrobe layout...

I sent him this layout:

1-1.jpg

Called him and checked if he understand. He said very straightforward. Using my picture, his people drew one and sent me this:

Wardrobelayout-1.jpg

All dimensions are correct based on his drawing. Based on his drawing (and mine), the height where the glass shelving would be at 200 + 200 + 200 + 150 + 150 = 900mm and the total internal wardrobe height is 900 + 1100 = 2000mm. Correct?

However, it turns out differently. First, he added a 20mm below each drawer so that the drawers can be opened. The glass shelving is now located at 900 + 100 = 1000mm high. Secondly, the internal wardrobe height is 1900mm instead of 2000mm that was said by him. Nevermind the internal wardrobe height, I'm more concern about the height of the glass shelving because now is too high for my wifey. Informed Rick and he said he misinterpreted my drawing. But he added that my drawing is not clear and I should indicate clearly that 900mm is the height of the glass shelving. So I am at fault too? :furious: Two drawings (his and mine) both indicated point-to-point dimensions. Don't understand how can one misinterpreted it. Anyway, shouldn't his job is to clarify my requirement properly before proceeding instead of making assumptions? Furthermore, if he going to add 20mm, why didn't he indicate it in his drawing? :furious:

Now waiting for his proposal to rectify it.... :furious: Can rectify? Hai....

Edited by Punggolfamily

:dunno:

Development for the above.

He said his electrican can shift it. BUT, the electrican has not done it before and I need to pay additional $70. Now I am in a dilemana... dunno if its ok to ask someone who has no experience to shift it or just get external contractor to shift it. :dunno: Anyone know the difficulties involved can share pls?

To save myself future trouble (and some money), decided not to shift it anymore.

One problem for the carpentry: Wardrobe layout...

I sent him this layout:

1-1.jpg

Called him and checked if he understand. He said very straightforward. Using my picture, his people drew one and sent me this:

Wardrobelayout-1.jpg

All dimensions are correct based on his drawing. Based on his drawing (and mine), the height where the glass shelving would be at 200 + 200 + 200 + 150 + 150 = 900mm and the total internal wardrobe height is 900 + 1100 = 2000mm. Correct?

However, it turns out differently. First, he added a 20mm below each drawer so that the drawers can be opened. The glass shelving is now located at 900 + 100 = 1000mm high. Secondly, the internal wardrobe height is 1900mm instead of 2000mm that was said by him. Nevermind the internal wardrobe height, I'm more concern about the height of the glass shelving because now is too high for my wifey. Informed Rick and he said he misinterpreted my drawing. But he added that my drawing is not clear and I should indicate clearly that 900mm is the height of the glass shelving. So I am at fault too? :furious: Two drawings (his and mine) both indicated point-to-point dimensions. Don't understand how can one misinterpreted it. Anyway, shouldn't his job is to clarify my requirement properly before proceeding instead of making assumptions? Furthermore, if he going to add 20mm, why didn't he indicate it in his drawing? :furious:

Now waiting for his proposal to rectify it.... :furious: Can rectify? Hai....

Thanks to those who have PMed in regards to the above issue!

Update: After much discussion with Rick and the carpenter, the way forward is to tear down and redo it. It will be done at no additional cost to me :yamseng:

Will post pictures of the wardrobe will its done later. Stay tuned!