Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First time I see using different color from originally chosen one as base coat. I thought first coat is the original color that we chose. Maybe they can't mix the color you want, so apply red first, then a lighter purple to achieve the color. But the next question is, why they don't mix the red paint with purple to achieve the color you want then apply first coat? Could be contractor made a mistake so want to cover for himself.

if its in the catalog, then there is no need to mix the paint. i would think that all paint have to be painted on white wall to achieve the same colour as the catalog.

i remembered when i was young, there is this brand called "jotun". Almost all the shops that sells this brand have this machine where you can mix the paint to achieve the colours you want. so they have a chart of all colours then when you choose, they will adjust the machine to that shade you want then voila!! the colour you wanted is poured into a can. quite interesting actually.... cos i was looking at them doing that when i choose the colour to paint the living room of my house (parents' house). i think they still exist in malaysia but not here.

if its in the catalog, then there is no need to mix the paint. i would think that all paint have to be painted on white wall to achieve the same colour as the catalog.

i remembered when i was young, there is this brand called "jotun". Almost all the shops that sells this brand have this machine where you can mix the paint to achieve the colours you want. so they have a chart of all colours then when you choose, they will adjust the machine to that shade you want then voila!! the colour you wanted is poured into a can. quite interesting actually.... cos i was looking at them doing that when i choose the colour to paint the living room of my house (parents' house). i think they still exist in malaysia but not here.

Jotun is in Singapore. Some certain hardware shops sell this paint. My neighbourhood hardware shop and AMK there is a hardware shop beside POSB bank also sell jotun. The color chart is hidden in a corner but the signboard above the shop is big.

I do agree, if the paint is picked from Nippon or Dulux catalogue, there is no need to mix the paint to achieve the color, especially common colors. High chances either the contractor got mixed up trying to cover his backside, or they want to mix color and not buying Nippon or Dulux paint to save their costs.

Jotun is in Singapore. Some certain hardware shops sell this paint. My neighbourhood hardware shop and AMK there is a hardware shop beside POSB bank also sell jotun. The color chart is hidden in a corner but the signboard above the shop is big.

I do agree, if the paint is picked from Nippon or Dulux catalogue, there is no need to mix the paint to achieve the color, especially common colors. High chances either the contractor got mixed up trying to cover his backside, or they want to mix color and not buying Nippon or Dulux paint to save their costs.

then do they let you mix the colours to the shades you want? have those machine as well that do the mixing?

whether its common or not, if picked from catalog, then no need to mix at all loh. We will know once the actual coat of paint is painted lah.... don't make him panic now. heheheeh...

then do they let you mix the colours to the shades you want? have those machine as well that do the mixing?

whether its common or not, if picked from catalog, then no need to mix at all loh. We will know once the actual coat of paint is painted lah.... don't make him panic now. heheheeh...

My neighbourhood does have the machine to mix the paint. Previously my mum bought the paint from the shop, and they mix the purple color for her. Both me and Hubby help to paint the living room. My mum actually got "cheated" because she said the shop people said must mix the paint and sell her the paint. We suspect it's either jotun or matex paint. Whereas when the paint is not enough, and my father wants to be artistic, want to have two colors for the living room, he went to the same shop and bought the original Nippon paint. My father was also confused why need to mix the paint when can buy the colors after choosing from the catalogue.

My neighbourhood does have the machine to mix the paint. Previously my mum bought the paint from the shop, and they mix the purple color for her. Both me and Hubby help to paint the living room. My mum actually got "cheated" because she said the shop people said must mix the paint and sell her the paint. We suspect it's either jotun or matex paint. Whereas when the paint is not enough, and my father wants to be artistic, want to have two colors for the living room, he went to the same shop and bought the original Nippon paint. My father was also confused why need to mix the paint when can buy the colors after choosing from the catalogue.

for jotun, their specialty is mixing the colours. That is because, they won't need to premix it then put in can. then for each shades or code of colour, each shop have to keep at least few cans of the same. but if mix using the machine, then they only need to keep basic colours in the shop and the rest are all mixing. its a different way of doing loh.

for jotun, their specialty is mixing the colours. That is because, they won't need to premix it then put in can. then for each shades or code of colour, each shop have to keep at least few cans of the same. but if mix using the machine, then they only need to keep basic colours in the shop and the rest are all mixing. its a different way of doing loh.

i still see jotun in some shops. not sure if it's just the machine or they are still selling.

i still see jotun in some shops. not sure if it's just the machine or they are still selling.

they do have those premix in factory colours but not that many....

I thought you are going for black and white theme. How come you choose purple color for your wall?

Yeah... Most likely he has done a wrong coat. We just hope it will not affect the final coat as the red is quite strong. We are still trying to do black and white for the living area (getting very hard with so many nice and colourful furnitures). For the MBR, we wanted something more cosy, hence the purple.

Corners? I meant areas which are difficult to cover despite base coat. Anyway, the contractor changed the dish drainage tray and will be giving me a can of the paint.

Sorry. I thought by areas which are difficult to cover you are referring to corners. It is good that they take responsibility :good: What about the popping up parts of the laminate??

It's not easy to paint this colour. Hope your painter will go a great job. Mine need to paint 6-7 coats over 3 days.

May, why do you need to paint 6 to 7 coats over 3 days? :dunno:

May, why do you need to paint 6 to 7 coats over 3 days? :dunno:

Because the colour is quite dark so must dry properly before can paint another coat. Or else it will be uneven..... So choosing such dark colored must have patient cos will need many many layers.

Sorry. I thought by areas which are difficult to cover you are referring to corners. It is good that they take responsibility :good: What about the popping up parts of the laminate??

Pop a bit. Never re-do. It's the interior PVC side.