Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Please let me know if you know of other ceiling fans that comes in matt black. THanks!

Dude, go look at Sycamore. I purchased one for my place.

It's either you love it or you hate it. There's alot of bittersweet comments on this piece of art.

SycamoreFan.jpg

Nevertheless, I'll go for the Haiku if Sycamore didn't exist at all.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dude, go look at Sycamore. I purchased one for my place.

It's either you love it or you hate it. There's alot of bittersweet comments on this piece of art.

SycamoreFan.jpg

Nevertheless, I'll go for the Haiku if Sycamore didn't exist at all.

Hi Aristotle,

Thanks for the recommendation!

Zero had a good deal on black Haiku fan last weekend so I already purchased one from him!

Also purchased Rinnai Hob & Fujioh hood at a bundle price from him!

rb2cg.jpg

Model : RB2CG

fx900.jpg

Model : FX900

hahaha.....also got stuff from him

Need some advise here.

My contractor proposed to use tic-tac doors for my shoe cabinets as I wanted a minimalist feel. Would the tic-tac mechanism spolit easily given that the doors will be used frequently?

I thought of doing away with the tic-tac doors and just use normal doors, but there needs to have a 2cm gap b/w doors else I cannot open it. My contractor commented that the 2cm gaps dun fit a minimalist design. Is this the case? :unsure:

Here the 3D drawing for the living room, the shoe cabinets is on the right of the TV wall with 4 big and tall doors. Not the final drawing yet as i'm still doing changes to the TV wall.

LivingRm_d.jpg

Edited by Punggolfamily

Hi Aristotle,

Thanks for the recommendation!

Zero had a good deal on black Haiku fan last weekend so I already purchased one from him!

Hi there.

Care to PM me regarding this zero that you bought your fan, hob and hood from. Is it a shop or ??? Thanks.

Wah, how much is ur deal for hob n hood from zero? Cheaper than the price i told you?

;) happy shopping!

About there!

Still shopping around for storage heater, fridge & dryer. TV and sound bar will be the last.

Went to Furniture Mall today and bought a storage bedframe from Mattress Atrium (MA). It look similar to the one in the picture just that mine has smaller puffy squares and come in 5 rows.

headboard-storage.jpg

My wife love the design of the headboard and I happy that it comes with storage so both of us were very happy with it. Until we came home and did an online search on MA and read about the many bad reviews on the delivery schedule :( To make the matter worse... we paid full for it... hai...

Another lesson learnt.

Edited by Punggolfamily

A quick update on my reno progress.

We r still finalising the 3D drawings. It's into the 5th set already! The headache ones are the living room and WIW.

I think this is one point that I like to commend my contractor for being patient with us and willing render more 3D drawings to help us in our decision making!

Hi everyone!

Have been MIA for quite sometime due to the busy work schedule and holidays.

Some updates on my ID searching/selection: After talking to a few IDs, I have finally selected my ID - Rick from Ideal House. Reasons? Just to name a few - quotation is fair, very knowledgable guy, esp in lightings, able to click, always contactable, nice personality...etc. Other IDs I have approached includes:

1)Rhiss Interior

2)Designer guys

3)Summit Design

4)Unimax Creative

They are also good. However, I think Rick is still the best choice for us. If you want to know the details about other IDs, do feel free to PM me.

I read from another RT post that there is a need to knock the pacquet to ensure they are properly glued to the ground. Din do the other time so got to do another round of check this weekend...:( The rectification works are already completed and I was looking forward to start renovation once the 3D drawings are done. Hope the BSC guys will rectify it before my 3D drawings are done...

Another concurrent activity I'm doing now is that I am asking around for A/C quotation. Requested from Aron, Hong Tar and Coolserve. One problem is that I need air ventailation for the WIW, so I'm thinking if I should install A/C for the WIW or just use fan... anyone has any advise?

Forget about Unimax Creative. Very disappointed with their ID by the name of Wai Kong. Spoke to him in early Feb 12 about our house renovation. He told us that he will be away for ICT in a week time and will get back to us with the quotation in early Mar 12 after his ICT. Waited for more than a month and then sms him to ask about it in mid Mar 12, no reply. Tried many times to call him, not answering my call. Only when I used my wife h/p to sms him that he returned call. When asked about the quotation, he said he will sent it to me but nothing happen after that. Tried to call him again, similarly on disappearing act again. Good thing that we did not pay any deposit. However, we wasted almost two months for nothing (foolish of me to have waited as I was very keen on their design) and have affected my entire schedule to renovate my flat. Do you think such an unreliable person can be trusted to do a good job for your house.

Dear all!

After 6 weeks of weekly meetings with my contractor, we have finalised the 3D drawings. In total, we did 6 sets of drawings.

1st up - the kitchen:

Kitchen_v1_f.jpg

Kitchen_v2_f.jpg

Simple, neat and timeless are the words I would use to describe our kitchen. White for the top cabinet, glass backsplash and table top. Whereas the bottom cabinet will be black. Initially, We wanted a black glass door for the kitchen, but after a few iterations, we decided on a clear glass door. Lastly, a white fridge will be used instead.

Living room:

LivingRm_ff.jpg

Use of two different black laminates for the TV feature wall that stretches from wall to wall. The two black laminates in reality do not have such a big difference in term of colour tone as seen in the drawings. But rather, their colour tones are quite similar and one would notice some subtle differences in their texture/finishing when put side by side.

Suspended TV console by the side with a black glass in the middle portion to enable the use of remote controls. But be warned : some extra efforts are required for the connections b/w TV and console (eg, extension of power cord and AV cable at The Funan Center. With minimalist theme in mind, there will be only 1 door for the TV console.

On the right facing the TV is the 4 (tic-tac)doors full height shoe cabinets.It will come with internal track system to allow flexibility in shelving configuration.

Next to the shoe cabinet, facing the kitchen entrance, is the bomb shelter concealed by a tic-tac door that has the same laminate finish as the shoe cabinet.

Edited by Punggolfamily

Hehehe.. Howz e WIW? I always kpo everyone's blog for WIW.. So exciting! LOL

Dear all!

After 6 weeks of weekly meetings with my contractor, we have finalised the 3D drawings. In total, we did 6 sets of drawings.

1st up - the kitchen:

Kitchen_v1_f.jpg

Kitchen_v2_f.jpg

Simple, neat and timeless are the words I would use to describe our kitchen. White for the top cabinet, glass backsplash and table top. Whereas the bottom cabinet will be black. Initially, We wanted a black glass door for the kitchen, but after a few iterations, we decided on a clear glass door. Lastly, a white fridge will be used instead.

Living room:

LivingRm_ff.jpg

Use of two different black laminates for the TV feature wall that stretches from wall to wall. The two black laminates in reality do not have such a big difference in term of colour tone as seen in the drawings. But rather, their colour tones are quite similar and one would notice some subtle differences in their texture/finishing when put side by side.

Suspended TV console by the side with a black glass in the middle portion to enable the use of remote controls. But be warned : some extra efforts are required for the connections b/w TV and console (eg, extension of power cord and AV cable at The Funan Center. With minimalist theme in mind, there will be only 1 door for the TV console.

On the right facing the TV is the 4 (tic-tac)doors full height shoe cabinets.It will come with internal track system to allow flexibility in shelving configuration.

Next to the shoe cabinet, facing the kitchen entrance, is the bomb shelter concealed by a tic-tac door that has the same laminate finish as the shoe cabinet.