Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Hi May_dream, this is the purple we have chosen

photo2-1.jpg

Heng heng only wrong base coat so still can rectify.

nope, mine is harmonious purple. slightly darker than yours.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went around Balastier and Geyland to shop for lights and bathroom stuff and shortlisted some for consideration.

Dining lights:

A: Super duber bright LEDs

IMG_0699.jpg

Hi Punggolfamily, can I know which shop did you see this light? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for the Philips LED light which looks superb. Thanks.

Hi faranggirl,

I have PMed you. Hope you can get it at a good price! ;)

For the crystal light, we will be putting it in the wardrobe so we are hoping that it would not trap much dust there since we will not be opening the windows. In any case, one of the shop owners at balestiar told us that there is a cleaning agent which you could spray on the crystals and dust will automatically fall from it :jawdrop: Now sure how true but we will be trying it out if we can find it!

Hihi, you can get the chandelier cleaner at Selfix DIY shop. i just saw it the other day.. think its about 20+ 30 bucks.

nope, mine is harmonious purple. slightly darker than yours.

Harmonoius purple is nice too! If not for our black and white theme, we would have used it around the house too. Now we only hope that the red base coat would not affect the purple we have chosen :dunno:

Hi Punggolfamily, can I know which shop did you see this light? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for the Philips LED light which looks superb. Thanks.

Hi Jango! We saw it at Lighting Centre at Balestier Plaza. We must forwarn you that it is not cheap either... Going at around $500 plus as it is considered "designer" lamp.

Hope this helps!

Hihi, you can get the chandelier cleaner at Selfix DIY shop. i just saw it the other day.. think its about 20+ 30 bucks.

Thanks Dovey!! We will go look for it there!! Hope that it will keep our crystals sparkly :sport-smiley-018:

spray? Did he explain to you why use spray as base coat? Is spray more expensive than paint.... :unsure:

I remember it was because they had difficulty covering some parts of walls. They only spray when they couldn't cover it with paint.

I remember it was because they had difficulty covering some parts of walls. They only spray when they couldn't cover it with paint.

I see. Our house do not have difficult corners so I think they had used paint. Just that most of the colours are not the colours we had chosen. We will keep a close eye on the final coat. Cannot imagine having a bright red wall for bedroom :jawdrop:

Hi Jango! We saw it at Lighting Centre at Balestier Plaza. We must forwarn you that it is not cheap either... Going at around $500 plus as it is considered "designer" lamp.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Punggolfamily. I'll go check it out!

Hi May Dream, i am also using harmonious purple for my MBR as well. LOL :good:

It's not easy to paint this colour. Hope your painter will go a great job. Mine need to paint 6-7 coats over 3 days.

It's not easy to paint this colour. Hope your painter will go a great job. Mine need to paint 6-7 coats over 3 days.

Thanks for the advise May Dream. :D

Will look out when they start to do the painting. ;)

I see. Our house do not have difficult corners so I think they had used paint. Just that most of the colours are not the colours we had chosen. We will keep a close eye on the final coat. Cannot imagine having a bright red wall for bedroom :jawdrop:

Corners? I meant areas which are difficult to cover despite base coat. Anyway, the contractor changed the dish drainage tray and will be giving me a can of the paint.

First time I see using different color from originally chosen one as base coat. I thought first coat is the original color that we chose. Maybe they can't mix the color you want, so apply red first, then a lighter purple to achieve the color. But the next question is, why they don't mix the red paint with purple to achieve the color you want then apply first coat? Could be contractor made a mistake so want to cover for himself.