Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

hi

from my own experience, tic-tac mechanism get to spoil fast !...not sure if there is other kind but mine (2 diff designs) are made of plastic.. which means can broke off easily after "tic-tac" a few times.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

MBR Toilet:

BathMaster_f.jpg

A black laminate with shiny sparkles was chosen to create some luxury feel in the toilet. There was a door to the shower panel that we removed it after our neighbour who has built the door advised us not to do so as the toilet is really small. My regret about the toilet is that we did not overlay the tiles due to budget constraint. Otherwise, I believe the whole feel of the toilet will be much better.

Lastly, the WIW:

Wardrobe_v3_ff.jpg

Wardrobe_v2_f.jpg

Wardrobe_v1_f.jpg

A white WIW that comes with a white 2-fold nyatoh door, 2 rows of white wardrobe with white and see-through glass casement doors, a white dressing table with chest of white drawers below. Lastly, we will be putting white carpet and use white curtains to really make the whole WIW white. We decided on a silver round door knob rather than the gold ones in the 2nd and 3rd drawings.

Edited by Punggolfamily

hi

from my own experience, tic-tac mechanism get to spoil fast !...not sure if there is other kind but mine (2 diff designs) are made of plastic.. which means can broke off easily after "tic-tac" a few times.

Hi Junxian!

Yes, I am aware of it. So my contractor would be giving me some spare ones so that I can change it in the future. He is using the mechanism supplied by Excel. You know where your ID/contractor get the mechanism from?

Edited by Punggolfamily

Lai lai, come help me comment on the lightings plan.

Legend:

Square - downlights

Triangle - hanging lamp

3 rounds - dining hanging lamps

Round - fluorescent or other ceiling lights

CeilingPlan2-AdrianR3.jpg

Am I using too many downlights at the living area?

Thanks in advance!

*Updated with a new plan (18 Apr)! (1 more hanging lamp in the living room at the top left corner)

Edited by Punggolfamily

The row of 3 and row of 4 downlights between living room and dining area. I find it a bit too much. But I remember you are using black and white theme? May need to be brighter if yours is dark tone. shelter got light lah hor?

The row of 3 and row of 4 downlights between living room and dining area. I find it a bit too much. But I remember you are using black and white theme? May need to be brighter if yours is dark tone. shelter got light lah hor?

Oh ya! shelter got light too! hee forget to draw it in. thanks!

Sometime I will study at the dining table, so my contractor suggested to have a brighter ambience lightings there. That is y we putting another row of 3 downlight b/w the living area and dining area.

I'm thinking instead of a downlight at the left corner of the living room, prehaps I should put a hanging light? But it will be placed nearer to the corner. Not sure if it will be bright enuff. What you think?

If me, I probably do away with the 2 downlights right above the sofa. Don't think I want the lights shining right on top of me when I am sitting down. Then I can retain the row of 3 downlights between living and dining areas. I may put a nice floor lamp at that far left corner instead.

If me, I probably do away with the 2 downlights right above the sofa. Don't think I want the lights shining right on top of me when I am sitting down. Then I can retain the row of 3 downlights between living and dining areas. I may put a nice floor lamp at that far left corner instead.

Gd suggestion! Maybe I should engage you to plan my lighting plan! haha. Ya, now think of it, it will be quite warm with 2 downlights shinning down at sofa. Will check with Rick if it will be too dark at the living area given that my ceiling fan does not has any lights.

Initially, I thought of a floor lamp. But worried that our cat will go disturb it.

Gd suggestion! Maybe I should engage you to plan my lighting plan! haha. Ya, now think of it, it will be quite warm with 2 downlights shinning down at sofa. Will check with Rick if it will be too dark at the living area given that my ceiling fan does not has any lights.

Initially, I thought of a floor lamp. But worried that our cat will go disturb it.

Your meow meow the one on your avatar? I think cats better in this aspect. My dogs will play and run around. Hence no standing feature for me and I wall mount the tv.

Your meow meow the one on your avatar? I think cats better in this aspect. My dogs will play and run around. Hence no standing feature for me and I wall mount the tv.

Yup, she is the one in my avatar. She like to rub her body against walls, furnitures etc, so floor lamp is also a potential target for her 'rubbing' habit! haha

Yup, she is the one in my avatar. She like to rub her body against walls, furnitures etc, so floor lamp is also a potential target for her 'rubbing' habit! haha

get one with heavy bottom lor. she wont have so much strength to push it down.

Just realised there might be a problem to conceal the gas pipe which has to runs from the top left corner to the bottom cabinets. How to conceal the pipe in this case? :dunno:

I forgot where my gas pipe run. I go home see.

Are you getting those pull out rack? If ur decision is made after this drawing is done, remember to discuss where u wanna put it and the door opening direction. I made my decision after the drawing is made. And it didnt occur to me that the door should open the other side. The contractor didnt point out and end up I have to put the rack under the hob which is not what I wanted.

Some updates. Reno started last week with hacking walls as the first work.

Laying of floor protection by a hardworking guy. Insisted on double layer and Rick agreed. (+ pts for him)

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Hacking in progress....

IMG_0673.jpg

Hacking completed!

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Zoomed in pictures on the hacked areas. Seems like they using a saw or something given that the edge r so straight. Floor skirting was removed too.

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Our new door frames for MBR & WIW. Feel kind of wasted throwing away the HDB supplied one which is made of cast iron! My parents flat is near to 30 yrs old and the iron frame is still sitting strong there.

IMG_0736.jpg

Edited by Punggolfamily