Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Hahahaha.. For my nxt hse, I'm having e same concept of open WIW but will place a glass sliding doors at e entrance.. if there's enuff space, I'll place a small sofa inside.. Itz very very nice oh ;P

Yup! a sofa or a bench in the middle would be very nice! My wife also wanted a bench in the middle. Most prob we will get it from Bangkok, chatuchak market as we saw a shop doing customise bench and its pretty cheap! If I rmb correctly, its about SGD150 per piece and the best thing is I can check-in at the airport :) But have to choose the designs that are already in the shop. If you want a different colour or material, they need some time to do and will deliver to you in SG using DHL.

Here is their email & shop location:

email:prasai@consultant.com

Prasai Ratanamongkol

Chatuchak Market, Section 8, Near Gate No.2

Mobile:083-839-1747, 089-894-3443

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here my 3D drawings. All comments and suggestions are appreciated!

1st draft

Living room

liv_rick_618Bpgl_a.jpg

The wall behind the TV is a partition wall with wallpaper. My contractor chose a wallpaper design that according to him is "BOLD", but I really don't like it. On the left is a full height cabinet that will store the AV equipments. On the right, pendicular to the TV wall is a full height shoe cabinet and on its right is the concealled bomb shelter. BTW, we wanted a "black & white" feel for the house.

Kitchen

kit2_rick_618Bpgl_a.jpg

kit1_rick_618Bpgl_a.jpg

Not too bad from drawings. But when my contractor shows me the actual laminates, the bottom laminate is actually grey (not dark grey) with some horizontal lines texture on it and the top is matt white laminate which is very hard to maintain!

MBR toilet

mbath_rick_618Bpgl_a.jpg

Not bad, but no black & white feel though.

2nd draft (fresh from oven!)

Living room

photoB1.jpg

photoB2.jpg

This time the TV wall is a feature wall made of solid plywood and laminates finish. Seems a bit too dark? Maybe the actual laminates are not so dark, shall wait and see. And I dun like the silver horizontal & vertical lines.

Kitchen

photo4.jpg

photoB3.jpg

Will comment after I see what are the proposed laminate designs.

MBR Toilet

photo5.jpg

Nice!Hmmm...maybe a white vanity top will be nicer? And maybe a whiter laminate for the tall cabinet by the left?

I am concerned with regards to having the AV compartment so far from your TV. You must ensure and be familiar with the typical length of the cables for the electronics. Also, is it easy to pull the cables through the feature wall? Any openings or flip-door nicely concealed?

Hope this helps! :sport-smiley-018:

2nd draft (fresh from oven!)

Living room

photoB1.jpg

photoB2.jpg

This time the TV wall is a feature wall made of solid plywood and laminates finish. Seems a bit too dark? Maybe the actual laminates are not so dark, shall wait and see. And I dun like the silver horizontal & vertical lines.

Kitchen

photo4.jpg

photoB3.jpg

Will comment after I see what are the proposed laminate designs.

MBR Toilet

photo5.jpg

Nice!Hmmm...maybe a white vanity top will be nicer? And maybe a whiter laminate for the tall cabinet by the left?

Your theme black and white? I find the living too dark. What's that beige/pink doing in the toilet?

Edited by NeoBY

I am concerned with regards to having the AV compartment so far from your TV. You must ensure and be familiar with the typical length of the cables for the electronics. Also, is it easy to pull the cables through the feature wall? Any openings or flip-door nicely concealed?

Hope this helps! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Darnie,

Thanks for the advise! I will check on the typical cable lengths.

And its a great idea to have a flip-door! Will discuss this with my contractor. Thanks!

Your theme black and white? I find the living too dark. What's that beige/pink doing in the toilet?

Yup! Black & white theme, but I ok to have one or two more colours that are close to black & white like dark grey and off-white.

You are right! That beige/pink don't really fit into the rest of the MBR toilet, especially where the majority of the tiles are white. Shall see the actual laminate colour and decide. Thanks!

IMHO, a lighter theme for your living room will better and you need a much bigger tv... You should sit at a distance around three times the diagonal width of your screen...

Look up viewing distances for tvs as a guide...

Yup! Black & white theme, but I ok to have one or two more colours that are close to black & white like dark grey and off-white.

You are right! That beige/pink don't really fit into the rest of the MBR toilet, especially where the majority of the tiles are white. Shall see the actual laminate colour and decide. Thanks!

Did he do this himself or he got his colleague to help? I really feel the living room is too dark.

i am using matt white laminate. why you think its difficult to maintain? i prefer matt than glossy cos glossy will see fingerprint everytime you open the drawers or cabinets. Mine is glossy red and matt white. the glossy white have to keep on wiping so that fingerprint marks are not obvious.

i am using matt white laminate. why you think its difficult to maintain? i prefer matt than glossy cos glossy will see fingerprint everytime you open the drawers or cabinets. Mine is glossy red and matt white. the glossy white have to keep on wiping so that fingerprint marks are not obvious.

I was told by my contractor that his boss home cabinets have both matt and glossy white. After 7 yrs, the matt white turns yellowish. He did recommend matt white initially. Most likely will go for lush brush series of white and black which has a bit metallic feel.

I was told by my contractor that his boss home cabinets have both matt and glossy white. After 7 yrs, the matt white turns yellowish. He did recommend matt white initially. Most likely will go for lush brush series of white and black which has a bit metallic feel.

After 7 years, any kind of white might turn yellowish anyway. That's the problem with white.

After 7 years, any kind of white might turn yellowish anyway. That's the problem with white.

Seriously??!?!? I had the impression that glossy white will be less prone to turning yellowish as it has a layer of coating over it?