Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Hi Punggolfamily, congrats on getting your keys. Your 5 rm prenium layout looks neat an spacious (similar to condo layout) ....nice :good:

What is the size of your uiit?

Are you going to use glass panel for your new study workplace?

Hope everything will go well in your reno. ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone! I'm still in the progress of meeting the IDs and I plan to meet all by end of next week.

BTW, could someone advise me on the following please:

1)I planned to place a ceiling fan with lighting kit in my living room such as the Fanco Fan in the picture below. But I was told that the light will flicker and you will get headache after a while. Is this true?

FF707AB.jpg

2)I'm doing a WIW for my wife but I don't like the idea of having no casement/sliding doors for the wardrobe as I want to keep the dust out. Although this WIW will be in an enclosed area, there is a window where my wife will open it occasionally for better ventilation if required- this means more dust! I thought of building sliding doors with full see-through glass. This way, it still retains the feel of a WIW and yet keeps the dust out. How about this idea? Would it look ugly or weird?

for the fan with lighting kit, you are right. it will make you dizzy and the light is not very bright. and i think its quite ugly.... after you have done all the nice reno you are going to do, you will spoilt the looks with this fan.... hehehe...

if you clean the WIW often enough, then it won't have so much dust lah... i also have my windows open everyday to my WIW (small gap only). but i get my cleaning aunty to wipe the place every week so it will not be dusty loh... hehehe.... of course it would look nice with glass door. But glass doors for sliding is very ex due to the mechanism. if you have the budget, then go for it.....

Hi,

You may want to reconsider the ceiling fan with light kit which you have posted above. If that is not your only light source, it's alright.. Else, it will be a bit too dark.. As i've seen the light it's not very bright actually.

For the WIW with full height glass, why not.. Someone in renotalk did it in her WIW, it's really nice..

Hi MingzhuAug, do you remember what is the nick of that someone in renotalk that did glass sliding doors for her WIW?

Hello! if you are not in a hurry, probably can start reno after CNY coz most of the IDs will be very busy now to wrap up their projects on hand, before the workers go for their long break during CNY.. ;)

And ya, i don't know why but punggol is really dusty! i keep finding "cotton balls" around the house even though i vaccum quite often.. so best is to have doors for your planned WIW ba.. but most impt is what do your wife think? its her territory afterall.. :)

She don't really know what she want until last night when she surf the net for sample pictures, den she told me she want something similar to this. :jawdrop:

luxury-walk-in-closet-dressing-room-penthouse-vancouver.jpg

Hi Punggolfamily, congrats on getting your keys. Your 5 rm prenium layout looks neat an spacious (similar to condo layout) ....nice :good:

What is the size of your uiit?

Are you going to use glass panel for your new study workplace?

Hope everything will go well in your reno. ;)

Hi potatoes! What is glass panel for study workplace? Do you mean a partition using glass panel?

for the fan with lighting kit, you are right. it will make you dizzy and the light is not very bright. and i think its quite ugly.... after you have done all the nice reno you are going to do, you will spoilt the looks with this fan.... hehehe...

if you clean the WIW often enough, then it won't have so much dust lah... i also have my windows open everyday to my WIW (small gap only). but i get my cleaning aunty to wipe the place every week so it will not be dusty loh... hehehe.... of course it would look nice with glass door. But glass doors for sliding is very ex due to the mechanism. if you have the budget, then go for it.....

How come the mechanism is ex? I thought just need to build sliding tracks for the doors will do?

Thanks for all the advises given on the ceiling fan. I still want a ceiling fan to cool the living room fast my flat has afternoon sun. But I think I will not go for those with lighting kits. Whoever is my ID going to think harder for the lighting plan for the LR :D I like the LR to be bright and feel clean~~~~ :P

She don't really know what she want until last night when she surf the net for sample pictures, den she told me she want something similar to this. :jawdrop:

luxury-walk-in-closet-dressing-room-penthouse-vancouver.jpg

She has good taste!! but good luck to you~~ :P

I suggest you print up this pic and bring to your meeting with the IDs.. see what ideas they can give you and most impt, how much they going to quote to make this materialise. ;)

Edited by BlurRhino

While my wife is watching korean drama on her laptop on christmas day, I read up on home appliances and created my (partial) wish list for home applicances!

Hood-Fujioh hood FX900 (Popular recommendation by fellow RT friends!)

Hob-RB-2CG or RB-3CG (Preferred the glass surface for easy maintenance and inner fire design for faster cooking! Still thinking if we will need 3 burners)

Washing machine - Shortlisted Bosch or Electrolux. (BTW, to wash a king-size bedsheet, what size should the washer be? 7 or 8kg? Once I confirmed the size, the deciding factors will be the noise & water efficency.)

Dryer - Shortlisted Bosch, Electrolux and Ariston. (Ariston is recommended by my friend since he has been using it for a few year. For dryer, the deciding factor is power consumptions.)

Fridge - No particular preference, a four ticks power consumption efficency rating and a capacity of ~400litres will do. My wife wants to get a Fisher & Paykel though.

Air-con- Choosing between Mitsubishi starmex inverter and Panasonic inverter. Both power rating is about the same but Panasonic has a model that has a silverish finish that looks nicer. Anyone has comments on the after-sale support?

TV- No particular preference. Most importantly, provide free on-site repairs within the warranty period.

Oven-Haven't read up on it

Edited by Punggolfamily

Hi everyone!

Have been MIA for quite sometime due to the busy work schedule and holidays.

Some updates on my ID searching/selection: After talking to a few IDs, I have finally selected my ID - Rick from Ideal House. Reasons? Just to name a few - quotation is fair, very knowledgable guy, esp in lightings, able to click, always contactable, nice personality...etc. Other IDs I have approached includes:

1)Rhiss Interior

2)Designer guys

3)Summit Design

4)Unimax Creative

They are also good. However, I think Rick is still the best choice for us. If you want to know the details about other IDs, do feel free to PM me.

I read from another RT post that there is a need to knock the pacquet to ensure they are properly glued to the ground. Din do the other time so got to do another round of check this weekend...:( The rectification works are already completed and I was looking forward to start renovation once the 3D drawings are done. Hope the BSC guys will rectify it before my 3D drawings are done...

Another concurrent activity I'm doing now is that I am asking around for A/C quotation. Requested from Aron, Hong Tar and Coolserve. One problem is that I need air ventailation for the WIW, so I'm thinking if I should install A/C for the WIW or just use fan... anyone has any advise?

Edited by Punggolfamily

Congrats in getting your ID. I went to ideal house before too.... but the one i talked to was Dylan. VEry nice guy but i don't like the designs that he gave me. so didn't choose them.

So will be looking forward to your reno!

Hi,

We are using the same ID. What will you be doing? All the best!!

Hi NeoBy,

Mainly carpentry works in Kitchen, TV wall + console, WIW, shower screen & vanity for Master toilet.

Read your post and saw not so gd remarks - additional assembly cost for the shower unit and workers forget to lock the gates. Feel a bit sian already...

Haven't do yet, don't feel sian. It might turn out better since you say he is very responsive? Don't judge so soon when you haven't even started your Reno.

Hi hi, nice layout.

All the best in your Reno journey.

Wah, 2 mths since u collected keys ar! Got every weekend go up to look c look c Bo? Measure every corner against the floor plan. ; p

Thats what I did when I got my 1st house. ; p

Hi NeoBy,

Mainly carpentry works in Kitchen, TV wall + console, WIW, shower screen & vanity for Master toilet.

Read your post and saw not so gd remarks - additional assembly cost for the shower unit and workers forget to lock the gates. Feel a bit sian already...

Don't feel sianz. Jia you jia you :thumbs up:

Share share pix when u have time okie ; )