Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Punggolfamily

Our Own Property & Space Aka Home Sweet Home!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh yah lor. I haven't seen the end product mah. He did assure me things will be done nicely.

You only just doing tiling.... Most issues are with carpentry. Wait till then only see how it goes.

Hi hi, nice layout.

All the best in your Reno journey.

Wah, 2 mths since u collected keys ar! Got every weekend go up to look c look c Bo? Measure every corner against the floor plan. ; p

Thats what I did when I got my 1st house. ; p

Ya! 2 mths already! A bit sai yang when I think of the SCC that I will be paying before we moved in.

You measured every corner against the floor plan? I salute you!

Edited by Punggolfamily

Haven't do yet, don't feel sian. It might turn out better since you say he is very responsive? Don't judge so soon when you haven't even started your Reno.

Don't feel sianz. Jia you jia you :thumbs up:

Share share pix when u have time okie ; )

Maybe I didn't set my expectation upfront.

Don't worry and enjoy the renovation process.

Thanks everyone for the support!

I guess for first timer, its normal to feel gan chiong (nervous) when such things happens?

I planned to paint the floor skirtings...hope its already included in the quotation.

Hey! I may be going to my house this weekend. Floor may be done by this week. You wanna come see? I am at Rivervale Drive. And don't worry so much k. Just enjoy the "shopping" for tiles, wc, basins, lights etc. :D

Ya! 2 mths already! A bit sai yang when I think of the SCC that I will be paying before we moved in.

You measured every corner against the floor plan? I salute you!

Ai ya, 1st time home owner, jan jiong mar.

Even when they are building, I would cycle there (from Toa Payoh), sometimes alone, sometimes with my wife, go look c look c, see the progress, which floor they build until liao.

Than best, before I collect key, my 1 kid arrive, than didn't move in. Just reno and leave it there. Didn't wanna move in cause will be very in-convenient (my wife work place is just 10 mins walk from her mum's place, & 3 station from bedok MRT). So I move in with her.

Our Seng Kang flat. (become holiday chalet.) :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Every month pay SCC, every year pay TV&Radio license. :furious:

But eventually (after years), we rent out & later sold :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Hey! I may be going to my house this weekend. Floor may be done by this week. You wanna come see? I am at Rivervale Drive. And don't worry so much k. Just enjoy the "shopping" for tiles, wc, basins, lights etc. :D

Thanks your invitation! But I have plans for this weekend already. Furthermore, my reno has no flooring works beside the cabinet base and shower kerb. :)

Ai ya, 1st time home owner, jan jiong mar.

Even when they are building, I would cycle there (from Toa Payoh), sometimes alone, sometimes with my wife, go look c look c, see the progress, which floor they build until liao.

Than best, before I collect key, my 1 kid arrive, than didn't move in. Just reno and leave it there. Didn't wanna move in cause will be very in-convenient (my wife work place is just 10 mins walk from her mum's place, & 3 station from bedok MRT). So I move in with her.

Our Seng Kang flat. (become holiday chalet.) :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Every month pay SCC, every year pay TV&Radio license. :furious:

But eventually (after years), we rent out & later sold :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Haha great idea to convert it to a holiday chalet! But my wife and I are really really looking forward to move into our first home! So I am determined to move in by Jun 12! Hope everything will be smooth smooth!

Hahahaha.. For my nxt hse, I'm having e same concept of open WIW but will place a glass sliding doors at e entrance.. if there's enuff space, I'll place a small sofa inside.. Itz very very nice oh ;P

Hi everyone! I'm still in the progress of meeting the IDs and I plan to meet all by end of next week.

BTW, could someone advise me on the following please:

1)I planned to place a ceiling fan with lighting kit in my living room such as the Fanco Fan in the picture below. But I was told that the light will flicker and you will get headache after a while. Is this true?

FF707AB.jpg

2)I'm doing a WIW for my wife but I don't like the idea of having no casement/sliding doors for the wardrobe as I want to keep the dust out. Although this WIW will be in an enclosed area, there is a window where my wife will open it occasionally for better ventilation if required- this means more dust! I thought of building sliding doors with full see-through glass. This way, it still retains the feel of a WIW and yet keeps the dust out. How about this idea? Would it look ugly or weird?

Edited by jo'en