Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
getzski

Single's Home In Bedok Res

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

too bad there isn't a "DON'T Like" button.

maybe i shall start a poll for you.

you already repaint. what can you do now? scrap it off? hahahaaha.....

haha.. different people different taste..

you are right, the whole combi didn't really work when the console was black, but i would have changed the speaker stands to black instead, because i dun like metal metal color.. but to each his own :)

as long as getzski like can le :yamseng:

haha.. different people different taste..

you are right, the whole combi didn't really work when the console was black, but i would have changed the speaker stands to black instead, because i dun like metal metal color.. but to each his own :)

as long as getzski like can le :yamseng:

getzski knows i purposely wanted to say that... hehehe.... we are just jesting ard.

the speaker stand, the amplifier, subwoofers are the constraints. they are the "unchangeables" in the setup. thus the color silver/grey will play a part in the final picture.

the painting of the tv console is just to test the color concept only. i've not figured out what the final console design is going to be......i wanna exposed some cables, but also wanna hide some.....headache right....when i am smoking in a starbucks somewhere, maybe i might just see the image forming in the smoke. :notti:

quite fun.....just read about painting techniques. there's a few you can use to create different textures on the surface you paint with. will start another re-painting project 2 weeks later.

It has been a whole year since i'd moved in, and with CNY around the corner, my first spring cleaning. Yeah....(and so i thought)

When the house was relatively new, whenever i need to clean it for a forthcoming housewarming party, it was usually a relatively simple wipe down.

I just did not realize a thorough job would require about 3 steps, i.e. initial scrubbing away of dirt and oil particles, a second step of wiping down to reveal the almost clean surface, and a last step of polishing to make everything shine and sparkle again.

It feels almost like washing and waxing a few MPVs, and i suspect the job will be tougher next year..... Lol. I

And with the house spotlessly clean for the moment (i know it will not last long), nothing better than to do a photoshoot.

Here are some pictures. Enjoy. And HUAT AH to all for that NEW YEAR!

View from the kitchen entrance.

37e15834-476d-4219-98eb-69fd198e5cf5_zps513a856b.jpg

Main worktop area.

kitchen3_zps2a45c247.jpg

Lighting for the kitchen.

kitchen6_zps25788ee0.jpg

My smoking corner.

kitchen7_zpsdc9fa021.jpg

Edited by getzski

Cant send your PM......

I am configuring a unit same as yours (mirrored)!

Been trying to find a way for more MBR size for WIW to toilet and yet keeping a storeroom but still wrecking my brains until i saw yours!

i have a few requests for you, if you don mind sharing....

1) Your storeroom relocation is a very good idea! Can show some pics? I guessing the need for pocket doors since it is impossible to walk inside it.

2) Any issues with relocating the new MBR sink area outside the old toilet boundary? Need HDB approval?

Thanks in advance!!

Cant send your PM......

I am configuring a unit same as yours (mirrored)!

Been trying to find a way for more MBR size for WIW to toilet and yet keeping a storeroom but still wrecking my brains until i saw yours!

i have a few requests for you, if you don mind sharing....

1) Your storeroom relocation is a very good idea! Can show some pics? I guessing the need for pocket doors since it is impossible to walk inside it.

2) Any issues with relocating the new MBR sink area outside the old toilet boundary? Need HDB approval?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi mer-cury, sure, i will be glad to help.

This is what lies behind the pocket door. On the right is a storage rack 1.8m length in length, with 5 storage tiers.

20130211_021641_zps0fcc61c3.jpg

On the left was actually the area that i use to keep everything else out of sight....lol.

ab5ae710-008d-4fb2-9ec7-80a0bb9f665e_zps82f2e6f0.jpg

I also found a pretty accurate draft of my layout for your reference.

floorplanner4.jpg

If my memory serves me right, i think no permit was needed for the MBR sink extension, as it is not considered as a "wet area".

For my WIW, the shelves were 50cm in depth on both sides, with a 90cm walking space in between.

Let me know if you need any more information. Cheers.

getzski, what coffee machine are you using?

did you get in sg?

hope you get decent powder for your ski trip to japan.

:)

hi iwantto,

it is a basic delonghi expresso maker. i think i last saw this at Tangs basement. i got it as a 10th yr anniversary gift.....from my ex-company. i think it cost about mid $300.

http://www.delonghi.com/sg_en/products/icona-eco-310bk/

heehee....thanks.....i have always been surprised by some amazing late season storms, so praying for the same this trip.

May I know where did you get the rod and wall-mount spice rack from? Thanks in advance!

hi bleucheeze,

they are both from IKEA. the spice rack actually comes with 3 tiers, but i removed the middle one, in order to fit the small sized soya bean sauce bottles.

Thank you!!!

I think a wide and shallow "storeroom" with a wide access like that can be very good since most storerooms are

narrow although deep, making movement and access quite difficult at times. Your config access is as wide as one

width of the pocket doors.

Another question popped up as i envisaging your WIW/MBR partitioning. You mentioned you used a curtain.

Is that built into the WIW? Something like a pocket door frame but a curtain inside instead of door?

I was thinking of a dresser area directly behind your MBR sink. Also, the shifting of the toilet door to be directly at the centre rather than the original off-centre to the left in order to have

depth for the dresser.

What do you think?

Edited by mer-cury