Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Ez's Humble Abode

Just to ask, do you on your downlights when you on your cove light? It will be great if you can take a snapshot of your living room at night :)

bb-1.jpg

I am having this problem where my cove light is not giving me enough lighting making my living room like very dull, so I am thinking how I can make it brighter.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Kunzzy,

I don't on them concurrently. My cove light gives me more than enough light for the living room and even the dining area.

LEDs are for drinking &/ chilling at the dining area. Cove's for eating. Other than that, all lights are off if we're only watching TV. I'm a "darkness", vampire kinda guy and fortunately for me, my wife's pretty liberal with me on that. Bear in mind I've cove light above my dining area as well so it's a "L" shaped thingy. Mine's a small 3NG so it's more than enough.

Will take a snap shot of my living room at night when I get time. :yamseng:

its really interesting fan..... i would really want to know how strong is the wind. keep me updated when you actually move in and sitting below the fan.

May_dream1, here is the review for the fan:

Sofa's placed under the fan and having monitor it for 3 nights, missus couldn't last more than 1/2 hour w/o blankets on her legs (once she had blanket neck down). Fan's got 3 speed, I usually turn it up to 3. In less than an hour, I'll reduce it to 2. It's not only windy, it's cold. This is with all doors and windows closed and w/o air con.

Once I had a friend over for drinks and we were sitting at the dining area and wife was watching TV. I could feel occasional breeze at my legs. Even my friend was commenting about it. This is with windows closed and main door slightly ajar and w/o air con.

Verdict: Super silent. Don't expect tornado kind of wind. Initially, I was skeptical as well but proven wrong. Then again, my area is small so it's good enough but a friend installed 1 in his patio. Higher ceiling and outdoor but still can feel the wind on a humid night. I kinda regretted installing air con. Should have had the Sycamore installed in the master and common room as well.

Money well spent? Definitely yes! (considering the fact that I had a 20% discount)

Hi all,

When I plugged in the AV cable into my TV, all channels are pretty sharp except for Channel 5. When I watch C5, there seemed to be the "vibrating horizontal lines" on the screen. This has never happened before.

The only difference between then and now is I had the AV cable plugged into the SCV box previously and now, I plug it in straight into the TV.

Any electrical guru can advice? Could it be the cheapskate wire I'm using?

Previously in my parents place in TP, before converting to StarHub, it can have such issue during evening time. Most of the time happens after 6pm till maybe 10pm.

After switching to StarHub, slightly better but similar problem. Suspect it is due to the old antenna on roof top.

After Upgrading program, think no more such problem. Not too sure if they replace the 30+ year old antenna ; )

But if you using Cable or MIO tv box, than won't have to worry about it.

Thanks bro....so when do you on your downlights? haha

No worries. Apologise if I did not make myself clear. The LED downlights are on when I'm drinking/chilling at the dining. :yamseng:

Previously in my parents place in TP, before converting to StarHub, it can have such issue during evening time. Most of the time happens after 6pm till maybe 10pm.

After switching to StarHub, slightly better but similar problem. Suspect it is due to the old antenna on roof top.

After Upgrading program, think no more such problem. Not too sure if they replace the 30+ year old antenna ; )

But if you using Cable or MIO tv box, than won't have to worry about it.

Noted! Thanks for replying.

Hi Aristotle:

Your house is looking lovely n wonderful! am loving the design concept =D Do you mind sharing your contacts for the sycamore fan? especially on how you managed to secure the discount! Am loving the fan but i think the price of it will burn a gigantic hole in my pocket.. please share~~~

Thanks~!

sarafie: PM'ed

EoneKhaled: PM'ed

Thanks for the compliments.

Photos for "ready conditioned" house not up yet.

Will post soon when everything is up!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to get it.. I almost fainted when I called up to check the price... >.< looking forward to the completed pictures!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to get it.. I almost fainted when I called up to check the price... >.< looking forward to the completed pictures!

You should try and get it. The Sycamore when it's off acts as a beautiful accessory for the ceiling as well.

I've friends looking amazed and wondering what's that when they walk in. Neighbors knocking on my door just to ask about the "mystery black thing on the ceiling". Once, a resident from the opposite block walked over specially just to end his suspicion. The conversation, 90% of the time, ends with " very nice, very unique, but very expensive".

Alternatively, another beautiful fan to look at is the black Haiku at almost 1/2 the price of the Sycamore.

True, it does look sexy, strange and best thing, un-fan like for a ceiling fan. Maybe the Haiku appeals to me more especially it is more friendly on my wallet. The Sycamore look more futuristic which does not go so well with my theme.

I was actually aiming for another fan but it is almost twice the price of the Sycamore. Fellow T-blogger Defelio has one in his living room. Totally love it but the price is **** scary :jawdrop:

Edited by ahlipz

Haiku's definitely more friendly on the wallet.

Oh the Acqua dual head fan in Defelio living room? I can't appreciate that fan but aside from that, I've gotta admit, he's got taste and his reno & deco is out of the world. :good:

Looks nicer then Lorgan's showroom... :notti:

Must thank your sycamore fan. Because of it, you've met so many neighbours. :dancingqueen: When have kids, can ask neighbour to babysit instead of getting foreign domestic help. Kekeke.