Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

Wah... donate things to them they still so fussy? They collect metal beds and sell to Changi prison is it?

sorry changi prison dont use metal beds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Many thanks getzski. Your feedback is most helpful. Hubby will do the nego.

i just realized your floorplan and mine are 98.7% similiar. but yours is 10sqm bigger....nice!

Yeah :good: .I prefers the location of your main door. Mine makes the living room not 3 not 4. A bit more challenging to place the TV console and sofa. I was attracted by the size and the below valuation price tag. Seller's agent is a greenhorn, kena "eaten" by my agent. :sport-smiley-004:

I am now struggling with this antiquated laptop cos our desktop is in storage. Tmr Hubby's frenz will help us move the big items like fridge, WM and TV to storage. The house is already 80% kang, kang - got echo. Contractor will lay the floor protectors as well as help us bubble wrap the piano on Sat.

Electrical quotes came in. We've compared the prices with 2 others RT quotes and found that Zenterra's quote ranged from cheapest to most expensive. They charge $35 for light pts, $40 for fan and tel pt which is reasonable. What we don't like is $50 for single, $60 for double but the worst is $150 for LAN pt. That is like 40% above the norm. Arm twisting time! DISCOUNT!

I am now struggling with this antiquated laptop cos our desktop is in storage. Tmr Hubby's frenz will help us move the big items like fridge, WM and TV to storage. The house is already 80% kang, kang - got echo. Contractor will lay the floor protectors as well as help us bubble wrap the piano on Sat.

Electrical quotes came in. We've compared the prices with 2 others RT quotes and found that Zenterra's quote ranged from cheapest to most expensive. They charge $35 for light pts, $40 for fan and tel pt which is reasonable. What we don't like is $50 for single, $60 for double but the worst is $150 for LAN pt. That is like 40% above the norm. Arm twisting time! DISCOUNT!

did you call ferrine and threaten to move your business to somewhere else?

Not yet. Hubby called ID and asked who he should scold :curse: for coming out with something which is really EX and wrongly quoted too. Should it be him , Ferrine or the person who came to our house to see what we need.

ID will discuss with us 1st B4 we decide to move our business elsewhere.

Living room floor covered by corrugated paper and ply wood awaiting Monday's hammer. Once we check in at the hotel tomorrow, I am going to sleep for 5 days!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Living room floor covered by corrugated paper and ply wood awaiting Monday's hammer. Once we check in at the hotel tomorrow, I am going to sleep for 5 days!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Nice leh, sleep in hotel for 2 months??

No lah, stay in hotel for 6 days 5 nights. Then we stay in serviced apartment across the road from my house from June1. Bo bian, tenant flying off May 31. Can go GSS everyday. If delay in reno, we'll have to stay at Andrew's house. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi LLChing,

I happen to read your blog about Zenterra. They are coming to my place for re-wiring next week. Do you know that they have standard quotation? I went to their shop in Jurong East last month and they pass me one quotation and say that this is their standard quote. They indicated in the quotation for $30 per lighting point, $40 for ceiling fan installation, $35 for 13amp single socket and $50 for 13amp double socket, Cat6 lan point is $90. You better call Ferrine to confirm the quote again.

By the way, they charge $8 for lighting installation. If you buy the lighting from them the installation is free.

Hey Lemonades, thanks for the info.

Zenterra is supposed to have emailed me a revised quote half an hour ago which I have yet to receive. If the revised quotes are as what you have stated, it is more reasonable. LAN pt from your $90 to ours $150 is ridiculous. They are charging us $10 for lighting installation! I have been to their shop at Jurong East and saw that their KDK 3 blades ceiling fan is priced at $220 while my lighting shop downstair (also catered for contractors) is priced at $195. :bleah:

Maybe different group of sub contractors.

I have seen electrician that dont know how to lay LAN cable, they use another sub con to lay just the LAN cable and charge a mark up fee for each point.

Hey Lemonades, thanks for the info.

Zenterra is supposed to have emailed me a revised quote half an hour ago which I have yet to receive. If the revised quotes are as what you have stated, it is more reasonable. LAN pt from your $90 to ours $150 is ridiculous. They are charging us $10 for lighting installation! I have been to their shop at Jurong East and saw that their KDK 3 blades ceiling fan is priced at $220 while my lighting shop downstair (also catered for contractors) is priced at $195. :bleah:

LLChing,

No mention. We should help each other in this forum.

Are you referring to KDK M11SU? I spoke to William Wong from Zenterra when I visited them last month, he quote me $195. By the way, there is a shop at Toa Payoh Lorong 7 selling this at $175. I did not buy because I drop the idea of installing the ceiling fan.

By the way, there are 2 type of network points. Cat 5e cable is at $60 and Cat6e is at $90. William Wong explained to me that Cat5e is for the normal broadband and Cat 6e is for opennet fibre. Cat6e can also be used for broadbroad and the speed will be faster.

Maybe you can share their new quote and I can help you to verify against the quote that I am having.

There is no Cat6e in the market, not sure who comes up with Cat6e this term. This actually confuse many people. There is only Cat6, then Cat6a. The next better grade is Cat7, even better for fiber usage, but Cat7 cable is not cheap. So far only some branded cables carry Cat7, but China-made cables are not available at this moment. For home use, Cat6 is good enough - the distance from living room to each bedroom is only less than 20mtrs. Cat7 is mainly for office buildings which require pulling the cable to a distance.

Edited by ayazumi

Now that we know KDK can be as low as $175, we will try our luck at Jurong West, an electrical shop we frequent. They do offer good prices too.

@Lemonades - We will be using cat6. We spoke with William Wong too last Sunday but Daniel was the one who came to our place. ID told them to email me direct. Still waiting.