Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Should ask your contractor to box up that left wall too, should not be too expensive if you use gypsum board to cover the left wall.

Good idea... the only thing that worry me is water leak from aircon piping in trunking.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The left wall looks like a P shape. If box up the P shape, I don't think it will affect the aircon trunking as long as you don't box the vertical trunking together. What is done is done for the protruding part, but you can minimize the ugliness if you box up the P shape. It should cost you between $100-200 (or maybe FOC, just ask your contractor, I think he should be fine to provide you gypsum board or plywood to cover that part). For the switch, you can request it to come out from the gypsum board so that the switch will look like a concealed switch.

Hi Aya, nice to see you back! How have you enjoyed the comfort of your own house?

Hubby told not to do anymore box up and he suggests to put some deco items on the wall so that the attention is not on the protruded part. I'm thinking maybe we will just put some photos there to save some $$$

wallphoto.jpg

:D I'm always around, just waiting for you to update. :P

sidetrack abit.... val, your reno in that room not over yet right?

pls tell the air con guy or someone who can help u to cover up the air con immediately. protect from paint and dust.

The left wall looks like a P shape. If box up the P shape, I don't think it will affect the aircon trunking as long as you don't box the vertical trunking together. What is done is done for the protruding part, but you can minimize the ugliness if you box up the P shape. It should cost you between $100-200 (or maybe FOC, just ask your contractor, I think he should be fine to provide you gypsum board or plywood to cover that part). For the switch, you can request it to come out from the gypsum board so that the switch will look like a concealed switch.

That's a good idea. Just get aircon service regularly to avoid water leak from piping inside the trunking in the box up.

Problem!

Just when I thought my reno process was quite smooth. There is a problem now! This problem is due to the previous owner installing the air-con right above the window, and the air-con trunking below was messy.

DSC00862.jpg

I asked my contractor to cover up the ugly air-con trunking and here is the end result. The left side was quite an eyesore as the bottom part is not flushed with the top trunk.

And the biggest problem of all - How can I hang the curtains if the air-con is placed so near to the window, there is no place for me to put the curtain rod, unless my curtain is placed inside the indented area.

DSC01003.jpg

Hmm... let's see... ah ha, wallpapers! I am free after this month :notti:

For the curtain, maybe you like to consider roller blind, exactly the same size as the indented area

Edited by Hoo8899

The ugly aircon trucking can be cover up using window curtain, not necessary need to box up cos if water leak from aircon pipe in the trunking, are you prepare to tear up the box?

You may need to approach those window curtain shop to see if they have any special bracket for your case; those off-the-shelve may not fit.

No choice lor, have to be discipline to do maintenance for the air-con to make sure that it won't leak, but anyway, we rarely use air con. But we may have guest in the guest room that needs to turn on the air con. Otherwise we would have just tear away all the air con. Since they are already there, might as well just leave them there.

Another issue, if the window grill is outside of the indented area, then totally no place to put the curtain rod. Maybe we should not install window grill at that window.

Yah, my contractor said it costs $200 to cover the aircon trunking below the window. But he has not seen this yet, we are going to let him know and see what he can do with the upper part. If need to pay extra, hubby sure won't want to do it.. we need to save money for other more critical things.

sidetrack abit.... val, your reno in that room not over yet right?

pls tell the air con guy or someone who can help u to cover up the air con immediately. protect from paint and dust.

Ok! Thanks for the heads up, will let them know. I think the air con is really dusty from the previous owner, wonder if they do maintenance.

Hmm... let's see... ah ha, wallpapers! I am free after this month :notti:

For the curtain, maybe you like to consider roller blind, exactly the same size as the indented area

Wallpapers? You mean put wallpaper at the P area? Haha you want to help me do? Since you expert already.. :P JK

Thanks for your suggestion but I don't really like roller blind for MBR leh..MBR got to be more romantic and not so office-look.

I'm thinking of doing a partial curtain like this. But it looks so country style ;)

11.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion but I don't really like roller blind for MBR leh..MBR got to be more romantic and not so office-look.

I'm thinking of doing a partial curtain like this. But it looks so country style ;)

11.jpg

Ahh, this one nice leh, where to buy? I got problem with my aircon window also

Valarie, I just realised that you thought that roller blinds are plain white/grey colour?? In fact nowaday got a lot of fancy design already.

roller%20Blind%202.jpg

No choice lor, have to be discipline to do maintenance for the air-con to make sure that it won't leak, but anyway, we rarely use air con. But we may have guest in the guest room that needs to turn on the air con. Otherwise we would have just tear away all the air con. Since they are already there, might as well just leave them there.

Another issue, if the window grill is outside of the indented area, then totally no place to put the curtain rod. Maybe we should not install window grill at that window.

otherwise, can weld 2 metal horizontal piece or something out from your wall or window grilles to hold on the curtains railings?

You sure you want to do this type of curtain? You may have problem sleeping when the sun shines in

depending on the frabics lo

depending on the frabics lo

She wants to do partial curtain, not full curtain. Partial curtain can't block the sunlight, half of the window sunlight can come in the room too

Ahh, this one nice leh, where to buy? I got problem with my aircon window also

I don't know where to buy.. i think can DIY, quite simple.. ask your wife do it. :D

You sure you want to do this type of curtain? You may have problem sleeping when the sun shines in

Haha, we are ok with brightness. In fact hubby and I likes bright bright room. Indeed heavy curtain and blinds can block the sunlight during the morning when we sleep, but if we sleep in darkness, we will continue to sleep until late morning! Not a good habit. 8|

The reason i think partial curtain may not be good is due to privacy issue. People from other block can see us changing :o . So I'm thinking probably 1 inch below the top of the window should be fine.

Valarie, I just realised that you thought that roller blinds are plain white/grey colour?? In fact nowaday got a lot of fancy design already.

roller%20Blind%202.jpg

Oh I see. Ok, i'll take a look to see if there is any nice roller blind.

otherwise, can weld 2 metal horizontal piece or something out from your wall or window grilles to hold on the curtains railings?

The problem is the left side is actually the vertical air con trunking. Can't possibly put it on the trunking itself, right? And on the right side.. there is a 'cross road' of the trunking and the wall structure.

Hmm.. not sure you know what I mean?

There are many types of roller blinds, not the traditional types of roller blinds anymore. My roller blinds are of different materials and designs, so it is not so "office look-alike blinds"