Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

That's why we always use clothes steamer. It is a hassle to take out ironing board and waiting for iron to heat up, then use so much energy to press the clothes. Though we have ironing board and iron, but we hardly use it. Ironing duty is not under me :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Aya, your kitchen is bright enough.. no need to use white cabinet to make it brighter. You can use more interesting laminate like wood, which I can't.

Hahaha actually the main reason I won't iron my clothes there is because I have the habit of watching TV and doing the ironing at the same time. It is impossible for me to just do ironing without any entertainment. I hate ironing, it's a boring task.

The sales will come again I believe. GSS is coming soon! More things to buy. That's the reason I havn't bought or shortlisted any furniture til now. I'm still waiting for good deals.

yes, totally agree. i hate ironing too so i outsource it to my cleaning aunty. hahahaha...

ya lah, sales will come again. but don't knwo happycall will come again or not only. hehehe... first time i see john little sell it loh.

Hi Twinkie, yah, turquoise and orange is like the sea and the sun. Very soothing feeling! :thumbs up:

Etsy is definitely a good place to get inspiration. I think the lamp can be found in places like Hock Siong in Singapore. But, they are second hand though.

I'm more concerned on where to get nice printed fabric. :P

Hi Valerie,

With regards to getting nice printed fabrics, perhaps you could look at fabric.com, but let me warn you first, they do stock a huge variety of fabrics coupled with a mind-boggling range of designs. :D

I might order some fabrics from them next year and get our local alteration aunty to sew them into cushions covers for me. :lol:

That's why we always use clothes steamer. It is a hassle to take out ironing board and waiting for iron to heat up, then use so much energy to press the clothes. Though we have ironing board and iron, but we hardly use it. Ironing duty is not under me :P

I dont like steamer. dont have the straight lines on my clothes.

I dont like steamer. dont have the straight lines on my clothes.

the steamer works well only on certain fabrics. when i go tailor, i specifically tell her i'm using a steam iron, and she meets to reject my choice of fabric that requries a traditional iron.

p.s. BY. make new clothes in BKK!

the steamer works well only on certain fabrics. when i go tailor, i specifically tell her i'm using a steam iron, and she meets to reject my choice of fabric that requries a traditional iron.

p.s. BY. make new clothes in BKK!

you use which tailor huh? i may be able to sneak out on monday so i can get the clothes on thur before coming back.

you use which tailor huh? i may be able to sneak out on monday so i can get the clothes on thur before coming back.

khun by, it is some tailor in sukhmvit soi 8. there must be 100s on them on this street. you see if your hotel nearby has any or now, or ask your thai lady colleagues.

khun by, it is some tailor in sukhmvit soi 8. there must be 100s on them on this street. you see if your hotel nearby has any or now, or ask your thai lady colleagues.

There are a lot. But I am looking at good and cheap ones. heee......

Sorry Val!

Yalor, luckily it happens during reno. So far my contractor has been a very responsive and responsible person. We like him. It's ok if there is mistake, as long as he fix it before handover, we are ok.

So is the leakage fixed already? If got wood, better make sure the water don't sip into the wood, will rot.

The leakage is not as bad as what you thought, is the outlet piping, so as long as didn't use the tap, then no leakage. But the plumber came no long after we alerted the uncle reno.

Week 6 22/05/2012

IMG326.jpg

IMG322.jpg

IMG323.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

I have to say that you have chosen the right tiles as backsplash, and I think when friends/family visit your kitchen, the first thing spotted in their eyes is the backsplash. Simple but extra-ordinary :thumbs up:

There are a lot. But I am looking at good and cheap ones. heee......

Sorry Val!

bargain la....1 piece 1000 ea, 5 pc 700 ea.....lol

Haha, your hubby does the ironing?

yes, totally agree. i hate ironing too so i outsource it to my cleaning aunty. hahahaha...

Can I outsource ironing only? :P

How much do you pay for the cleaning fee?

Hi Valerie,

With regards to getting nice printed fabrics, perhaps you could look at fabric.com, but let me warn you first, they do stock a huge variety of fabrics coupled with a mind-boggling range of designs. :D

I might order some fabrics from them next year and get our local alteration aunty to sew them into cushions covers for me. :lol:

Wow, there are lots of really nice fabric there! Thanks, I will check them out. I like geometry :wub:

I have to say that you have chosen the right tiles as backsplash, and I think when friends/family visit your kitchen, the first thing spotted in their eyes is the backsplash. Simple but extra-ordinary :thumbs up:

Thanks Hoo, in order not to choose the wrong tile, I created mood boards before the reno starts. We really don't have the luxury of time and money to make wrong decision. :horse:

Can I outsource ironing only? :P

How much do you pay for the cleaning fee?

Yup, you can. last time i have one aunty that only does ironing, nothing else. i asked her to do cleaning, she doesn't want.

but now, this one i have, does cleaning and ironing. so solve all my problems.

Week 6 25/05/2012

Finally we can turn on the lights!

This is how our kitchen looks like under warm light. Actually we forgot to inform the electrician to use cool white bulb for kitchen and warm light for dining area. But I kinda like our kitchen with warm light. Cool white looks too cold and unwelcoming. I accept his mistake. Anyway, it's no big deal we can change it anytime.

DSC01073.jpg

This is how last minute we are.. havn't even decided what kind of light shade to use.. :rolleyes:

DSC01078.jpg

The masterbedroom. May is right, this kind of fan - the wind is not strong. Have to turn on to the max.

DSC01081.jpg

Move-in Date

Grandmother called last night and inform me that she has gotten someone to check out when is the best move-in date for us. It's 30th May! Omg :jawdrop: too soon.. a lot of things not ready yet.. the main gate is not ready, solid surface not ready, bathroom no doors yet.. Initially we were targeting to move in on 2nd June, but my grandmother told us that day is OKAY too just that got some 桃花?

Edited by ValerieLow