Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Found defect product bought from Hoe Kee. Luckily our plumber saw the rusty stain, so he didn't install in the toilet. He asked us to go Hoe Kee to do an exchange.

2012-04-07123305.jpg

One of the hand spray we bought from Hoe Kee is leaking water. So many defect items bought from them. Haiz... First is the sink, we wonder what's next?

Edited by ayazumi

DAY TWENTY-FOUR

We waited for almost an hour for our electrician's arrival. He told us he went to Choo Chiang to buy electrical wires and parts, so he was late. :curse: He told us he will start work tomorrow, not today. This bangalah.... very smart huh. Instead of starting work today, tomorrow off, he chose to off today, start work tomorrow, so he can receive double pay for Sunday. :curse: I have already pre-warned him to complete the work by next Tuesday. He said no problem. If got problem, I will roti prata him. By the way, in case you guys don't know, our electrician is a bangalah; my father's worker.

Meanwhile, we didn't waste our time too. We shifted all the barang barang from Arts room to Study room, and proceed to check the floor tiles in Arts room and MBR. I can't remember how many hollow tiles we found, so far more than 5 tiles, but less than 10 hollow tiles found in both room.

Our electrician's excuse for being late:

2012-04-07122115.jpg

2012-04-07122102.jpg

2012-04-07122259.jpg

So little cables, enough to lay so many points? Hmmmm...

Edited by ayazumi

Now we see the new items installed in the toilets. We realised the plumbers have installed the wrong basins in both toilet. The square basin depth is more by 0.5mm than the round basin. The square basin should be installed in MBR toilet, not the round basin. :~ However, both Hubby and my mum convinced me that the nicer sink should put in common toilet so that it look more presentable for guests. After looking at the round basin, I quite like the round basin because the depth is shorter, and I have more standing space in between WC and basin. Should have bought two round basin, instead of different basins.

Now the space between the basin and wc become narrower. Regret not getting the round basin. I hope our guests will not find it too squeezy

20120405_183936.jpg

The square basin costs $80, but has "defect"!

Close up:

20120405_184148.jpg

This definitely got nothing to do with the toilet wall tiles. The toilet wall tiles should be straight, but the basin was not mould properly! The whole basin is out of shape! The plumber has to use more transparent silicon to apply on the right side corner of the sink. Looks really horrible! We have contacted our contractor to inform plumber to apply white silicon instead. I feel like throwing this basin away. The round basin costs only $45, but it looks nicer than the expensive basin. :jawdrop: Never buy this sink from Hoe Kee.

may i know what the size of the square basin?

my contractor told me that my common bathroom small,so better change to round basin..

may i know what the size of the square basin?

my contractor told me that my common bathroom small,so better change to round basin..

The depth of the sink is 16". So it should be 16 x 16". Not sure if this can fit in your toilet

We don't have fancy 3D designs to show what we really want to achieve for our home, but we found some good pictures that we would like to hope to achieve for the overall look for our house.

Along the short corridor, we opt to paint brown color for the wall, and white color for the doors and door frames

7-1.jpg

It will not just be a study room. It is a study cum reading room. We intend to hang the bird cage pendant light at the corner of the reading area, so this will make the room a little cosier, rather than just a normal study room.

6.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Thanks potatoes. Almost everyday we are talking about this - When will the renovation complete so that we have a new nest of our own.

Hi Ayazumi, super know what you are talking about ,It happens to us too.. The house is also almost always present in all our conversations ! Hang in there ! :thumbs up:

Hi Ayazumi, super know what you are talking about ,It happens to us too.. The house is also almost always present in all our conversations ! Hang in there ! :thumbs up:

Thanks choco84. How is your renovation progress? Is it almost near to completion? Have not hear from you or Pirvan for some time. Do keep me updated okay? I can't wait to see the end product

20120405_184148.jpg

:jawdrop: You should let us know which model of basin is this so that we can avoid. Btw, looks like the basins from hoe kee are cheaper compared to other shops we visited. We walked along balestier and jalan besar, saw the price are at least 200!.

:dunno:

:jawdrop: You should let us know which model of basin is this so that we can avoid. Btw, looks like the basins from hoe kee are cheaper compared to other shops we visited. We walked along balestier and jalan besar, saw the price are at least 200!.

:dunno:

If I don't remember wrongly, there is only one 16" depth square basin selling in Hoe Kee, and cost $80. Avoid at all costs.

We didn't do much research on bathroom accessories, but saw good feedbacks on Hoe Kee, so we bought all our things from Hoe Kee. More convenient for us and they give additional discount for total purchase.

hi,

can u take pic of your round basin ?

for the square basin,u mean their back is not straight right/?manufacture defect?

thanks

hi,

can u take pic of your round basin ?

for the square basin,u mean their back is not straight right/?manufacture defect?

thanks

i bought kitchen sink and some tap from ho kee at tanjong katong mall there,

hope no problem on it.

There you go, the round basin

2012-03-16124706.jpg

This is the square basin. The bsin cannot full flush to the wall, therefore left an ugly gap on the right corner. It should be a manufacture defect, because Hubby checked under the basin, the wall bracket support for the basin was installed correctly, but the basin cannot full flush to the wall, so we assume this may be the issue of moulding process. Maybe we are unlucky to get the ONLY ONE defected basin, maybe the other square basins are okay. Depends on luck, so don't worry too much. Too bad the basin is already installed, otherwise we can take back and exchange.

2012-03-16124720.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

It will not just be a study room. It is a study cum reading room. We intend to hang the bird cage pendant light at the corner of the reading area, so this will make the room a little cosier, rather than just a normal study room.

6.jpg

This setting is really nice. ;):yamseng: