Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

really ah? that's worth it leh... free shipping... hahahaha.... but too bad i don't need dining chairs. or else i think i would like the red and pink one.

Yes. Ship direct from Korea. I saw Korea Gmarket selling near $40, so the price that they are selling in SIN Gmarket is already inclusive of shipment, that's why they are selling at $79. Sales gimmicks to make people believe that it is free EMS shipment. Luckily Gmarket has coupons, so we can use the coupons to add in the additional discounts. It is still cheaper than the retail outlets selling this chair.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes. Ship direct from Korea. I saw Korea Gmarket selling near $40, so the price that they are selling in SIN Gmarket is already inclusive of shipment, that's why they are selling at $79. Sales gimmicks to make people believe that it is free EMS shipment. Luckily Gmarket has coupons, so we can use the coupons to add in the additional discounts. It is still cheaper than the retail outlets selling this chair.

Yes I agree that the price is confirm cheaper .... Locally these chairs go for somewhere between 130 to 180 .... And I believe all are from same supplier :unsure:

Yes I agree that the price is confirm cheaper .... Locally these chairs go for somewhere between 130 to 180 .... And I believe all are from same supplier :unsure:

I think so too. Just that it is different sellers, so that's why prices are different too.

DAY TWENTY-NINE

Today, we have the painters and electrician concurrently doing their work. I am surprised with the painter's plastering skill. Initially I was worried that I have to live with the dented holes after I moved in, but the painter patched the dented holes so well, I could not see the dented holes anymore. I am very satisfied with his plastering skill. Now my wall is as smooth as before. :thumbs up:

What you see is the first coat of paint. Tomorrow they will continue to apply second coat, so the colors will be more even. This is the living room:

2012-04-12172717.jpg

2012-04-12172700.jpg

View from study room

2012-04-12172511.jpg

View from Arts room

2012-04-12172414.jpg

2012-04-12172439.jpg

We have also chosen our curtain maker and materials this evening. We are doing timber wood blinds for living room, roller blinds for study and Arts room, and roman blinds for MBR. They are supposed to be ready in 2-3 weeks' time, but we told them to expedite the delivery on 23rd April week. Hopefully they can install the blinds before our furnitures' delivery date.

Edited by ayazumi

We saw that worktop in Ikea too. It was quite expensive, I think. I think the table top need to drill and fix to the wall. Not sure if I buy the leg stands, can I make the worktop as free-standing table.

i was told that a table top need legs n support at the two end and the middle part, for sturdiness in long term use.

Your blog also have many nice inspirational pictures.

I showed a few of them to my hubby.

Jia you, only a bit more then your reno part 1 will end.

After that will be reno part 2: furnishing and furniture and little daily life objects to beautify the house.

:yamseng:

i was told that a table top need legs n support at the two end and the middle part, for sturdiness in long term use.

Your blog also have many nice inspirational pictures.

I showed a few of them to my hubby.

Jia you, only a bit more then your reno part 1 will end.

After that will be reno part 2: furnishing and furniture and little daily life objects to beautify the house.

:yamseng:

Thanks piknik. I think you and me are the same. We want to use minimal costs to maximize our creativity and create a lovely future home. You too, 加油!

We saw that worktop in Ikea too. It was quite expensive, I think. I think the table top need to drill and fix to the wall. Not sure if I buy the leg stands, can I make the worktop as free-standing table?

Why you don't use the other room as guest room? Your parents or in-laws staying with you?

Hi Aya, you can refer to this blog. He made the table out of Numerar worktop and 6 vika legs. You may be interested in his dining table as well.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26050&view=findpost&p=546832

Well, the other room is for my sister - waiting for her to join us in Singapore after she completes her studies in overseas. In the meantime, we plan to rent it out. After reno, really need some cash to recover *sob* *sob*

Edited by ValerieLow

Hi Aya, you can refer to this blog. He made the table out of Numerar worktop and 6 vika legs. You may be interested in his dining table as well.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26050&view=findpost&p=546832

Well, the other room is for my sister - waiting for her to join us in Singapore after she completes her studies in overseas. In the meantime, we plan to rent it out. After reno, really need some cash to recover *sob* *sob*

Oh oh... that is the table. I complaint that the table is expensive, but forgot that total length is 2.46mtr = $225. Still expensive than the normal ikea table $59 per 1.26mtr length. I didn't know that table was solid wood. Looks nice, I will consider as I really need a long table along that wall.

I see. My mum also keeps telling me to rent out one room to earn some extra cash. At least with the spare cash, can pay bills and such. We will think about this.

Edited by ayazumi

Oh oh... that is the table. I complaint that the table is expensive, but forgot that total length is 2.46mtr = $225. Still expensive than the normal ikea table $59 per 1.26mtr length. I didn't know that table was solid wood. Looks nice, I will consider as I really need a long table along that wall.

I see. My mum also keeps telling me to rent out one room to earn some extra cash. At least with the spare cash, can pay bills and such. We will think about this.

Hehehe.. 2.46m may be a bit tooooo long, unless you ask your carpenter to cut it to 2m, and the remaining one you can use it as side table or whatever. Or you can get the 1.8m one which is cheaper.

Don't buy the normal ikea study table, i think the laminate will come off after awhile, we saw it from the showroom display.

8|

Hehehe.. 2.46m may be a bit tooooo long, unless you ask your carpenter to cut it to 2m, and the remaining one you can use it as side table or whatever. Or you can get the 1.8m one which is cheaper.

Don't buy the normal ikea study table, i think the laminate will come off after awhile, we saw it from the showroom display.

8|

Hubby said that wall between the door opening to window can fit a 3mtr table, I was like (sure or not?). Later I will go up and take measurement again. Today on leave.

My current room (my mum's place) I am using Ikea normal table. When I place a cup of cold water, and when I remove the cup, got one bump float up. Probably due to the water sips into the wood laminate. Very lousy material, and some parts the laminate is coming off. But it's okay lah, $59 can use for 1yr+, this table has done its best for me. I still :wub: the table.

Hubby said that wall between the door opening to window can fit a 3mtr table, I was like (sure or not?). Later I will go up and take measurement again. Today on leave.

My current room (my mum's place) I am using Ikea normal table. When I place a cup of cold water, and when I remove the cup, got one bump float up. Probably due to the water sips into the wood laminate. Very lousy material, and some parts the laminate is coming off. But it's okay lah, $59 can use for 1yr+, this table has done its best for me. I still :wub: the table.

you are so sweet! still sayang the table even though its not very good materials... but for that price, ok lah.... hehehehe.....

you are so sweet! still sayang the table even though its not very good materials... but for that price, ok lah.... hehehehe.....

I had a raw wood grain ikea long table and those 2 inverted V legs supporting the table previously. Super like that! But when I shifted out from my quarter, I had no place for that so gave it to someone else. Now cannot find in Ikea already.

Hehehe.. This table accompany me during my study revision and my meals time so must sayang it.

I had a raw wood grain ikea long table and those 2 inverted V legs supporting the table previously. Super like that! But when I shifted out from my quarter, I had no place for that so gave it to someone else. Now cannot find in Ikea already.

Some of the items I saw Ikea online but they don't in their outlets. They never update their website.

ikea refreshes it's product range regularly ma....