Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

with the hard work your hub and father put in, it be worth it when your reno journey starts. Wishing you a smooth reno journey and do post pics as its moves along. =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Takeyu. Thank you for visiting, and thank you for your best wishes. We will update the renovation process and post pictures as and when pictures are available.

Hi d2wntan. Thank you for visiting our T-blog. Yes! We are all set to go - CHARGEEEEEEE... chiong ah!!!

My contractor just messaged me that they have started doing demolition work. I see if I can return home early to take some photos while there is still sunlight.

Edited by ayazumi

DAY FIVE

The permit for renovation is pasted outside our house.

140-76.jpg

I am still thinking if I should prepare some goodies for my neighbours because of the renovation disturbance

Demolition work starts!

140-77.jpg

While both of us are back to work today (after "resting" for two days), Kevin made the effort to go to our house early today with his sub-contractors, and taken this photo to show me that the work has started. We feel more relieved to have him there on the first day so that he can pass his instructions to his workers.

Edited by ayazumi

Hubby cannot wait to see the renovation progress, so he went back home during lunch time to take a look. These are the pictures he has taken. Seems like demolition work is done pretty fast. The foreman/supervisor told hubby that while they were hacking the tiles, they found out that several tiles were popping out. It was lucky that we decided to hack everything, and re-lay new tiles. I can't imagine what will happen if we move in and tiles start popping like popcorn.

141-78.jpg

141-79.jpg

141-80.jpg

141-81.jpg

The sub-contractors will also be tearing down the cornices and false ceiling today. Our electrician will be coming in tomorrow to remove all the electrical wires. We are doing rewiring for the house.

Edited by ayazumi

Will your ID go to the work site every day? I guess it is important for them to monitor for us as we are working and not able to monitor the work all the time. Look forward to your photos tonight, if any Hehe

As i know, usually the first day of work, ID/contractor will definitely go to the flat to have a look. its like "opening" ceremony for them.... my contractor told me, he will go knock at all neighbours to tell them there will be renovation going on. at least neighbours will be prepared loh.

congrats!! so exciting, right?

Edited by May_dream1

Valerie: Can't confirm with you now if Kevin will visit the site everyday, but I think he may go to the site daily or at least once a day since it is the beginning stage of the renovation. He will also need to be there when the workers start laying tiles. He needs to let the workers know how to lay the tile patterns that we want. We also requested Kevin to send us the daily progress as by the time we reach home, the house will be pitch dark. Heee... We will go up and see tonight. Hope my S2 phone can take good photos

May: You are right. Opening ceremony, how to miss out the starred character - that is our ID/contractor. We are really very excited, can't wait to off work ASAP to check the house. Haha..

Edited by ayazumi

Valerie: Can't confirm with you now if Kevin will visit the site everyday, but I think he may go to the site daily or at least once a day since it is the beginning stage of the renovation. He will also need to be there when the workers start laying tiles. He needs to let the workers know how to lay the tile patterns that we want. We also requested Kevin to send us the daily progress as by the time we reach home, the house will be pitch dark. Heee... We will go up and see tonight. Hope my S2 phone can take good photos

May: You are right. Opening ceremony, how to miss out the starred character - that is our ID/contractor. We are really very excited, can't wait to off work ASAP to check the house. Haha..

ya, important too for the ID to be there to tell the workers on how to lay tiles.... especially those with pattern. I also discussed with my contractor on how to lay the tiles..... was so exciting..... when tiles are done, it feels like almost complete. :sport-smiley-004:

May: Sometimes I cannot visualise images using verbal conversation, so I drew these and MMS to my contractor:

146-82.jpg

146-83.jpg

Looks crappy though. Haha...

Edited by ayazumi

oh, you never specify its horizontal or vertical... cos usually for wall tiles, its 30x60. unless yours is square (30x30 or 60x60). It makes a different whether you place it vertically or horizontally...

May: Oh ya. Thanks for reminding me. I missed that part. Mine is 30x60

mine are all vertical so that it makes as if the ceiling is higher than it looks. Most ppl put horizontal then the toilet looks bigger..... its all optical illusion.