Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

May: Sorry, I mean we both love to draw and paint oil painting canvas, not use oil painting for the room walls. Haha.

why don't you do some for selling? i would buy from you.... hehehe... i like painting, in oil or acryllic.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

NeoBy: Painting is fun. You should continue to paint when you move in new home. Decorate your house with nice paintings.

getzski: We will be doing new doors and frames. Our contractor said if they dismantle the doors, most likely will damage the wood frame (ex owner changed the metal frame to wooden frame), so we need to do new frames. You can be right. Maybe the plaster material for walls and frames are different. Door frame plaster could be tougher material than wall, to support the doors and the number of times opening and closing doors. Wall plaster is brittle and powdery when dry.

To think about it, maybe the ex owner overlay the tiles. The floor tiles look quite modern, not like my parents' house. One thing also very funny, my parents are staying a few blocks away from us. their ceiling height is higher than mine, and can install ceiling fan. Maybe the floor height was increased.

May: We are still amaturers. Don't dare to think of selling. After we move in and start painting, if we can draw one decent one drawing, we give one to you.

I have forgotten to show the kitchen

78-48.jpg

View from kitchen to living

78-49.jpg

Our contractor asked for additional money for hacking concrete kitchen bottom. The kitchen bottom is made of concrete and ceramic tiles.

Common toilet. Currently, ex owner using 15ltr Ariston storage heater. The hot/cold water pipings are linked to kitchen tap. Now I wonder if we got too big (30ltr) storage heater. We are not going to lay hot water pipes to kitchen sinks/basins, except our 2 showers. And also, I checked, the common toilet window are perfectly fine, in good condition. Tomorrow I shall check the MBR toilet window.

78-50.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

NeoBy: The ex owner, with 3 adult children, staying in this house, they maintain the house very well. I think overall condition is move in condition, except the designs are outdated.

This is the concrete kitchen cabinet. My mum kept insist me to keep it, but I find it outdated, hacking it away.

81-51.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

This is the concrete kitchen cabinet. My mum kept insist me to keep it, but I find it outdated, hacking it away.

2012-03-15154144.jpg

hahaa...my mum too. said no need change. very durable!!

NeoBy: Hahaha... Did your mum also say that now want to do concrete kitchen cabinet HDB may not approve? Need apply permit?

Really???

hahaa...my mum too. said no need change. very durable!!

overlay both wall and tabeltop tiles with those 10cmX10cm tiles, and get new doors.

this is worth a thought....for only probably for the price of a solidtop.

NeoBy: Hahaha... Did your mum also say that now want to do concrete kitchen cabinet HDB may not approve? Need apply permit?

Really???

yah lor. but mine cannot lah. i got 1 stupid semi wall blocking the lights in. I think the previous owner wanted to separate the washing machine and kitchen. But I find it ugly lah.

Valerie, Courts outlets selling the Sony EX520 46" TV at $1,899. I think Audiohouse might be selling $100 less from Courts (maybe negotiable). Sony EX720 46", which is 3D + Internet, selling at $2299 or 2499 in Courts.

I just knew both of you are husband and wife! Haha.. glad that you started this blog. I can take as reference. Your house condition is very good. Floor tiles are also in good condition. No need to change~

Less than 30K can do so many things? I get quotation from contractors, the lowest is 33K. I didn't plan to hack floor tiles. Just use laminate. But i plan to change all windows. I only have carpentry for Kitchen. Hmm.. Wonder why 3K more expensive than yours... *sob*

thedottyness: Yes, a lot of cornices. So contractor wants me pay addition for tearing the cornices.

Hoo8899: We plan to spend less than $30k to hack and lay tile floorings, walls, relocate MBR door to place it near bedroom 2 & 3, redo toilets, new doors and frames, carpentry for kitchen cabinet and MBR built in wardrobe. No false ceiling because our home ceiling don't know why so low. We can't even put a ceiling fan because my hubby can almost reach the ceiling when raised his hand. Windows remain, and electrical rewiring.

May: Sorry, I mean we both love to draw and paint oil painting canvas, not use oil painting for the room walls. Haha.

NeoBy: Arcylic paint dries faster than oil painting. Oil painting allows us to have more time to draw and walk away, and oil painting gives more textures than arcylic. Arcylic painting has its own good. It looks more real and precise.

getzski: Good idea, but looking at the current kitchen layout, the way they position their stove is for their fengshui advantage, not for my luck. So it will be better to hack away and redo a new one

NeoBy: Good to hack away. One's house cannot be too dark. Need to be as bright and airy as much as possible.

Valerie: Hahaha... good guess, I think it's obvious too. My hubby wants to start the blog, end up I maintain the blog for him. The black skirting is real ceramic tiles in black. We found a few spare pieces in the storeroom, including the living tiles. The living tiles were made in Italy. Didn't expect the ex owner to use branded tiles for their living hall. The "Made in Italy" was printed at the back of the tiles. No wonder the tiles were not the same as my parents'. I thought this area resale flats should be using old pattern tiles. We like the house because it is good condition (only my hubby don't feel that way), but we agree to hack off and re-lay the tiles because we won't know one day the tiles will start popping up, since the ex owners stayed for 10 over years. If you have a budget in mind, maybe you can look for DeFong to quote you, and see how it goes, but remember to confirm your ideas and things you want to do, before you sign the contract with them. I am just too fickle-minded.

Edited by ayazumi