Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the initial quote was ok.. until my wife and i changed some items in our quote after we signed.. had to pay 15% penalty fee for removing a few items which we felt was not necessary. And adding a few more items to the quote later makes the price higher than what we had initial budgetd. kena robert also like that..we signed so LL liao.. that's when it inspired me to start my own renovation blog, to let other read and hopefully dont do the same mistake as me and my wife. paying the $$ wasnt such a big deal as it was our fault in the first place.. just hope that the renovation will go smoothly without anymore major hiccups.

oh... then have to make sure people here will read about this so that they will not do the same mistakes..... so hopefully everything will be smooth for you. Just need to pay a bit more.... as a lesson learnt.

DAY ONE

Today is 动土日. We just completed the ceremony. While I am sitting here uploading photos, my hubby is busy dismanting the built-in wardrobes. I shall upload our house condition.

Viewing from our front door perspective

48-26.jpg

48-27.jpg

Old gate has to tear down, but wood door remains. This door was done by HDB, it is a fire rated door. If need to change, it has to be the same grade as what HDB has given. Heard this kind of fire rated door can easily cost more than $600. Will revanish the fire rated door

Coming in from front door

48-28.jpg

We placed the offerings at the centre of the living as per instructed. Something new that we learned. For new houses, you need to roll pineapples from front gate before you step in the house. Then you need to roll 8 oranges inside the house.

Foe resale flat, you have two choices. Either you do the ceremony after renovation complete, or you do before you hack and follow up another ceremony after reno completes. If you buy pineapple, you need to have huat kueh too. 5 oranges, red candles, joss sticks, joss papers are required. If you are not sure how much to buy for joss sticks and papers, ask the people selling these items. They will pick the correct items and amount for you. I am not sure if the items require are the same for reno completion, but will check later. Burn the joss papers in the house, not outside the house. We have asked for the date and time to start the ceremony - that is today at 9:30AM

Then follow by "hacking". We bought a new hammer

48-29.jpg

意识意识 qiao jiu ho

48-30.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

From another angle of living room perspective

50-31.jpg

We are nor changing the windows because the conditions are good and even if we want to change windows, I still prefer this color, so we decided not to change the window and save some costs.

Old model UFO false ceiling. It will also be tear down. Don't know collect how much dusts or lizard **** already

50-32.jpg

Old switches also need to dismantle. Will do rewiring whole house by my electrician, not from Defong

50-33.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

My wife is interested in this dining table:

IMG-20120311-WA0003.jpg

We do not intend to buy from the sofa shop because the furniture there is not very cheap. I think this table can easily cost $2k, which I don't feel comfortable of this price. If anyone has seen this table, and price is cheap, I would like to purchase this.

Go to S&C, show the boss Melvyn the picture you got

Hi NeoBy. We were quite particular of this, so we just listen and prepare all these as per instructed. We got the house for quite some time already, but because good date fall today, so we waited for quite long before we can start the reno.

Thanks Hoo8899. Btw, where is S&C located at?

AMK Blk 338, before going down, call 65525208 and send them the picture via email. Fyi, they are on catalog sale, so you won't see the actual product in their shop.

Kevin charged me a few hundreds for tearing the cornices. He said this is too much to tear for FOC, which we initially agreed to tear FOC, except false ceilings he is charging us.

Everywhere got cornices.

In the kitchen

60-35.jpg

In the MBR

60-36.jpg

In the study room

60-37.jpg

In 3rd bedroom

60-38.jpg

False ceiling at the corridor to kitchen (in between bedroom 2 and 3 also has false ceiling)

60-39.jpg

Edited by ayazumi