Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

If i am not wrong, I guessed you bought the set from IMM outlet.

I agrees.. Mostly probably i will just use it for boiling water and to cook Singapore favourites ..... "INSTANT NOODLES" .. :dribble:

we got the set from the Genting Lane Main Branch.. IMM is too far for us as we live in the northeast area.. gonna use it to cook YES maggi mee and sometimes pasta or other easy to cook food which can be easy obtained from NTUC or supermarkets..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

we got the set from the Genting Lane Main Branch.. IMM is too far for us as we live in the northeast area.. gonna use it to cook YES maggi mee and sometimes pasta or other easy to cook food which can be easy obtained from NTUC or supermarkets..

haha...i am thinking of pizza. just dump into the microwave then done!

Just curious, your new house is still under renovation right? So where do u place this tv for now?

got it for $1699 from courts booth at IT fair, with $150 taka voucher and usb dongle. audiohouse was selling at $1799 with $100 taka voucher and a 7.0 android tablet worth $400+.. but decided to save on the $100 for other stuffs as we dont really need the Tablet.

I like this table also but most probably will change to other chairs can advise where u saw this table? Yeah hope for a cheaper version of it

My wife is interested in this dining table:

IMG-20120311-WA0003.jpg

We do not intend to buy from the sofa shop because the furniture there is not very cheap. I think this table can easily cost $2k, which I don't feel comfortable of this price. If anyone has seen this table, and price is cheap, I would like to purchase this.

got it for $1699 from courts booth at IT fair, with $150 taka voucher and usb dongle. audiohouse was selling at $1799 with $100 taka voucher and a 7.0 android tablet worth $400+.. but decided to save on the $100 for other stuffs as we dont really need the Tablet.

If dont need the Android tablet, Audio House can give up to $200 discount.

haha...i am thinking of pizza. just dump into the microwave then done!

I like this idea. Use microwave for food.

NTUC is selling this food container - Sistema, which can be used in microwave for steaming food. If i'm not wrong, you can put some water in the container, and steam in microwave.

37-25.jpg

I know this container is not cheap either.

Edited by ayazumi

If dont need the Android tablet, Audio House can give up to $200 discount.

i wanted to ask them if i dont wan the tablet got further discount or not.. haha but did not ask as i see the boss keep stressing on his tv very cheap already and didnt seem interested to give us any better offer.. the promoter with the MIC also moved on to other TV sets and didnt bother to entertain us anymore.. so we went to court's booth and got it from them.

Just curious, your new house is still under renovation right? So where do u place this tv for now?

delivery for this item is on the 24th March.. to my parent's home in Tampines. will keep it there until the renovation is done than shift it over to our new place.

I like this table also but most probably will change to other chairs can advise where u saw this table? Yeah hope for a cheaper version of it

we saw it at Furniture Mall SY Living at level 2. it's where we bought our Sofa. and after taking so much damage for the day, we didnt ask the price of this table even though we liked it alot. if any1 knows the price of the Dinning table and mayb where can get it at a cheaper price, kindly let us know also :) thanks :yamseng:

This hob and hood set cost less than $700. I personally think this package is worth getting it. Plus points for lifetime warranty on the glass, and Hoe Kee is authorised dealer for Techno. If anything goes wrong with the hob, can look for Hoe Kee/Techno directly.

The sales lady in Hoe Kee advised that it is best not to get inner flame hob because there is a possibility that inner flame will get heated up too much, and cause the glass hob to break. This techno hob is outer flame, and below the flame ring, there is something sitting below the flame ring (I can't remember what that thing is). This prevents the flame from heating the glass. After hearing this, initially wanted to get a Fujioh hob, then changed our mind to get Techno hob instead.

Initially wanted to get induction hob, but the price is too expensive. The con for getting this gas hob is I need to use cylinder gas because my house area don't have city gas pipings.

I bought the Rinnai inner burner hob... the 2 burners type... 2CG is the model. The glass is the same glass for induction hob, if can crack under heat, pretty sure Rinnai will stop producing the hob.

The heat is very intense for the inner burner hob, best of all it is not afraid of wind blowing the fire off, cant say the same for outer flame, especially if you are using cylinder gas.

First you must close your window if got strong wind blowing into your kitchen, next you must constantly check if the flame is still there if you turn down the heat. If the flame get blow out by any reason, dont quickly ignite the flame, might explode in your face.

Mind showing your quotation for your reno?

See if you kena tok radish or not...

the initial quote was ok.. until my wife and i changed some items in our quote after we signed.. had to pay 15% penalty fee for removing a few items which we felt was not necessary. And adding a few more items to the quote later makes the price higher than what we had initial budgetd. kena robert also like that..we signed so LL liao.. that's when it inspired me to start my own renovation blog, to let other read and hopefully dont do the same mistake as me and my wife. paying the $$ wasnt such a big deal as it was our fault in the first place.. just hope that the renovation will go smoothly without anymore major hiccups.

I bought the Rinnai inner burner hob... the 2 burners type... 2CG is the model. The glass is the same glass for induction hob, if can crack under heat, pretty sure Rinnai will stop producing the hob.

The heat is very intense for the inner burner hob, best of all it is not afraid of wind blowing the fire off, cant say the same for outer flame, especially if you are using cylinder gas.

First you must close your window if got strong wind blowing into your kitchen, next you must constantly check if the flame is still there if you turn down the heat. If the flame get blow out by any reason, dont quickly ignite the flame, might explode in your face.

Not sure about glass hob as this is my first time buying it. My parents use stainless steel hob, and I am used to using it. I saw there are cases that glass hob break, glass scattered everywhere. I am still deciding if I want to go back and change to a stainless steel hob or not.

So far I open window big big, my parent's hob flame is still there. The old one was abit weak, because used for over 10years. They bought a new Rinnai portable hob, the flame for new hob is more power than old one, can withstand the big wind. Don't need to constantly check on the flame because we don't boil water on hob. Other than that, if do cooking, we will be in front of the hob most of the time, so the flame won't go off if big wind.

Our floor and kitchen wall tiles were all chosen from Taugres. and only the kitchen floor tile was chosen from hafary. saw other forumer post on the uneven tiles they got from hafary and wanted to change the tile, but was told by kelvin that the probmatic tiles was discontinued. Hopefully everything turn out well. will post pictures of the tiles we selected soon.

Edited by Akitsuki