Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat76

Question On Electrical Works

What happen if I install 10 13A SSOs in single loop using 16A MCB and 2.5mm wire?

2 things happen: something happens and nothing happens. :bangwall:

I've said 2.5mm cable can carry contineous 5A safely. This size can carry 230 x 5 x 0.8 = 920 watt of load!

I've also said, PVC cable insulation can last up to 70 deg C (actually this is the "design temperature"), practically, pvc lasts till 105 degC, before its electrical characterists varnish/give way.

As rule of thumb again(cos too many copper alloys in mkt) if current capacity up to appro 6 times its mm sq size (2.5 x 6 = 15A) it will reach 105 degC within seconds!.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

All this stuff is so complicated!

I don't understand any of this.

Can I ask something relatively simple?

We are getting our keys soon and all new HDB flats are supposed to be provided with a 40 amps main switch.

Is this capable of running all the usual household appliances (TV/Microwave/2-Door Fridge etc) in addition to a built in oven (16 amps), air conditioner, and still allow us to install an induction hob?

From what I've seen, most induction hobs require 30-32 amps.
So if I install one, would that mean that I cannot run any of my other household appliances at the same time?

Hope to hear back from someone about this before we get around to buying all our appliances. :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kevenang