Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
revox88

Revamp@east

Good Morning to all T-Bloggers! Finally have time to start off my reno blog.

We have been living in this unit for more than 6 yrs and this is our 2nd time renovating our home. First time round was restricted to budget so only revamped our MBR mainly. My wife and myself have been long looking forward to this renovation and below shall be our floor plan and some current photos of our home before revamp. I think my layout is similar to a couple of forummers here.

Floorplan:

Floorplan.jpg

Current Kitchen. We only changed the laminates and tear down cabinets 6 yrs back but regretted as the internal wooden structure started to rot.

32.jpg

Kitchen cleared for overhauling:

DSC_0201.jpg

Dining

18.jpg

Voyer

FoyerLiving.jpg

HAve been cracking our heads on kitchen layout but the process was fun.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice to see another new blogger here :sport-smiley-018: One more revenue to kaypoh :sport-smiley-004:

Big 4A you've got there! Did you change the position of BR2 door or combine the balcony with the living rm in your current layout?

Nice to see another new blogger here :sport-smiley-018: One more revenue to kaypoh :sport-smiley-004:

Big 4A you've got there! Did you change the position of BR2 door or combine the balcony with the living rm in your current layout?

Hi LLChing, nope everything is intact as all rooms are occupied. But of course if I can tear down what you mentioned, I would have a very spacious open living haha :dancingqueen:

Same layout as ours.. Nice!! Look forward to your Reno..

Hi Mihochris, you got the same exact layout?? So have you done your reno, care to share your designs?

did u move out so ur reno can start?

Yup we had to evacuate the whole house as all the existing tiles are going to be changed. HEctic process but guess have to live with it to have what we wanted in years....

As our main focus was the kitchen, we brainstorm and came out with many ideas...to have L-Shape kitchen or Island. But draining some brain juice and playing around with "Floor Planner", we conclude that island will be the way to go and below is the initial sketch out of our concept. We also reviewed the layout by fellow forummers having same concept and it sure help us to visualize on what we wanted.

3DKitchen.jpg

With that the idea was shared with our ID and the 3D drawing by them as follows:

Kitchen3Ddrawing.jpg

Kitchen3Ddrawing.jpg

I like this design, but if remove the color wall, your kithchen will look brighter and more classy. The color wall doesn't really look good on the overall, and if you can change to a white or glass dining set, it will make your kitchen look spacious.

I like this design, but if remove the color wall, your kithchen will look brighter and more classy. The color wall doesn't really look good on the overall, and if you can change to a white or glass dining set, it will make your kitchen look spacious.

Hi Aya, agree with you actually the color wall is using mosaic but the color rendition from the 3D drawing did not show much of an effect. Anyway, we will be using some brighter colors instead.

As for the dining table, it shall be changed to a full quartz surface adjoining the island.

Hi Mihochris, you got the same exact layout?? So have you done your reno, care to share your designs?

Hihi.. yup exact same layout at Pasir Ris , where's ur location?.

not done any reno.. ~_~ pretty lazy to search for ideas now..

having a baby bumb.. going to pop anytime soon :dancingqueen:

Hihi.. yup exact same layout at Pasir Ris , where's ur location?.

not done any reno.. ~_~ pretty lazy to search for ideas now..

having a baby bumb.. going to pop anytime soon :dancingqueen:

Congrats! So assume you just got that unit? I believe the lift upgrading has already been completed right?

Mine is at Tamp.

We did not have any particular theme for our home during first reno but our main motive was to make our MBR cosy and warm. Below are some things we did to achieve that feel we wanted.

View from MBR door

MBR.jpg

Vanity

Vanity.jpg

MBR Toilet

22.jpg

Peek of the Balcony

DSC01734.jpg