Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
revox88

Revamp@east

Time for some updates on the reno. I was amazed by the speed of hacking and clearing of debris which was completed within the first day of work :sport-smiley-004:

It was followed by tiling for whole hse(except MBR) and cement screed of kitchen walls. We saved on hacking of kitchen wall tiles and opt for cement screed instead. Frankly speaking we were quite satsified with this since we are not heavy cookers or have habit for deep frying. For the back splash, we chosed black ceramic tiles for easy maintainence.

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

For common toilet, we stick to the same hue of color for the tiles and decided on a grey/stone simple combination. As the size of the toilet is miserably small, we shifted the vanity outside the toilet instead.

Color combination of common toilet

DSC_0228.jpg

Our ID instructed the tilers to have the edges grinded to 45 degrees for adjoining corners instead of overlapping.

DSC_0252.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good Morning to all T-Bloggers! Finally have time to start off my reno blog.

We have been living in this unit for more than 6 yrs and this is our 2nd time renovating our home. First time round was restricted to budget so only revamped our MBR mainly. My wife and myself have been long looking forward to this renovation and below shall be our floor plan and some current photos of our home before revamp. I think my layout is similar to a couple of forummers here.

Floorplan:

Floorplan.jpg

Your 4A looks huge and it comes with balcony. I admire your courage in re-vamping your existing house, it's quite disruptive right. Especially the packing and alt accomodation.

Your 4A looks huge and it comes with balcony. I admire your courage in re-vamping your existing house, it's quite disruptive right. Especially the packing and alt accomodation.

Hi JS, yup it looks huge becos of the balcony. And becos of that, all my existing stuffs are packed there for the renovation hehe. U are right...accomodation and packing is the tough part but have to update my partially done reno 6 yrs back.

Nonetheless, I love ur huge master bathroom! What's ur plan for that? :yamseng:

It has been one month since renovation started and we are about 60% to completion.

We have been contemplating about the island and cabinet designs only until about 1 week ago....i guess we have to lock down the desing sooner if not fresh ideas starts to arise again :notti:

Below are some progress of the reno:

False ceiling up for kitchen and dining..took without lights

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

First coat of paint up!

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Tiles we have choosen for the Entire Flat's flooring, Kitchen and Common Bathroom:-

13April2012085.jpg

We are actually quite skeptical on choosing grey tiles instead of the normal white/off white for the flat flooring. Daring desicion but it turn out quite well. In the pic, we are comparing the sample with the actual flooring.

13April2012059.jpg

Finally decided on the white raw finish quartz to be our feature wall in the dining area. Gold mosaic tiles didnt turn out well due to inferior quality. Pray hard it will turn out perfectly. :unsure:

13April2012073.jpg

Wow.... grand dining area. I have seen in hotels as their feature walls, but I'm not sure if it's quartz or just craftstones. Now I'm actually seeing your house with quartz feature wall. Cool! And it sparkles!

Looks nice. Where did you shop for the bathroom stuff?

Hi Valerie,

Bathlabz @ Ubi. We have actually went quite a few places but still find them the best in term of good cust service and honesty.