Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

yalor so sad as never imagine we would sell this place otherwise wont 'dump' so much into reno. New place also in Hougang abt 2 bus stops away. Condition not too bad but need to reno the kitchen...sob sob

Hi hello88,

So we're still HG neighbours. 5-room flat in HG is more spacious than Punggol & Sengkang, especially the master bedroom. I'm sure you will still have fun building your new kitchen. A house is a house, doesn't matter if it's EM or 5-room, it's the memories & lives shared in the house that counts. At some point in future LL & I may have to consider moving out of EM too, when knee problem gets too serious (it's a love hate affair with the staircase), if not all have to sleep in living room liao.

CC

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi hello88,

So we're still HG neighbours. 5-room flat in HG is more spacious than Punggol & Sengkang, especially the master bedroom. I'm sure you will still have fun building your new kitchen. A house is a house, doesn't matter if it's EM or 5-room, it's the memories & lives shared in the house that counts. At some point in future LL & I may have to consider moving out of EM too, when knee problem gets too serious (it's a love hate affair with the staircase), if not all have to sleep in living room liao.

CC

yup, we're still HG neighbours. In fact, have not moved out of North East since birth. My current EM is 150sqm and new place is 131sqm so not too bad right? Dad says the 5 room is bigger...well, more or less the same if we were to take away the area occupied by the staircase. But we'll have to bear with having one lesser bathroom.

hahaha, i really agd with u that the staircase is a love-hate affair.

hahaha, i really agd with u that the staircase is a love-hate affair.

talk about staircase.... I just fell down last night at the lower half of the stair.. spraint my ankle...

i geh kiang.. nv on lights .. and my dog hid my spec under his bed...

limping to work today

Aiyo... Hiera, be careful arh! Hee.. Ur doggie sounds so cute and naughty. :P

Wah, listening to ur talk about ur staircase makes me wana start that love-hate r/s asap. :P Maybe when it started, I'll hope that it didn't start so soon. hahahha

Aiyo... Hiera, be careful arh! Hee.. Ur doggie sounds so cute and naughty. :P

Wah, listening to ur talk about ur staircase makes me wana start that love-hate r/s asap. :P Maybe when it started, I'll hope that it didn't start so soon. hahahha

The GR at my place has to go soon...

was keeping it on good will cos find him very ke lian... but his whining.. not barking.. made too much noise.. i began rcving 'feedbacks' from neighbour

Btw guys...

I went to several EMs these few days.. cos I was buying 2nd hand furniture for my tenants.. and coincidentally ... few of them are EMers...

But I realise some thing... Even though the floor plan looks the same...

I realise.. there are some EMs there are exceptionally Crampy... as in .. Cramp... The distance between the 1st flight of stair case.. to the entrance of the kitchen.. is very different... Meaning.. the whole stretch from dining to living... about 2feet width missing..

I m kindda astonished by the great difference in the flr area...

The GR at my place has to go soon...

was keeping it on good will cos find him very ke lian... but his whining.. not barking.. made too much noise.. i began rcving 'feedbacks' from neighbour

:jawdrop: The poor baby... Where will the GR go to? So sad..... :( Why does it keep whining? Cuz he misses his owners?

Btw guys...

I went to several EMs these few days.. cos I was buying 2nd hand furniture for my tenants.. and coincidentally ... few of them are EMers...

But I realise some thing... Even though the floor plan looks the same...

I realise.. there are some EMs there are exceptionally Crampy... as in .. Cramp... The distance between the 1st flight of stair case.. to the entrance of the kitchen.. is very different... Meaning.. the whole stretch from dining to living... about 2feet width missing..

I m kindda astonished by the great difference in the flr area...

Yah. I went to afew when I was viewing houses. There was one tat's 143sqm (or izit sqft? No idea.. hehe) , but the exact same layout as what's mine now. That little extra area makes a huge difference!

Sqm... Hhehee... 1 sqf is 1 small tile.. the 30 by 30cm de tile...

Ur house... when open for viewing ohhh... I wan see!

Cant do my house now.. but see see also happy hehhehe

Sqm... Hhehee... 1 sqf is 1 small tile.. the 30 by 30cm de tile...

Ur house... when open for viewing ohhh... I wan see!

Cant do my house now.. but see see also happy hehhehe

Hee.. Think it'll be better if my carpentry are done liao then u come c c. If not, no point. :) Best will be after 23Mar bah, cuz that's when most of the furniture will be delivered. :)

I am new here *waves* :D

My fiance and I are getting a resale EM in Yew Tee, still waiting for our first HDB appointment though.

Sorry for being kiasu but I need some advice whether to get an ID or contractor??

The unit is quite well kept so our renovations will be minimal -- like false ceiling, changing staircase railing, painting, floor polishing, lightings, changing toilet bowls, remove some built-in furnitures, etc.

Thank in advance! :)

My fiance and I are getting a resale EM in Yew Tee, still waiting for our first HDB appointment though.

Sorry for being kiasu but I need some advice whether to get an ID or contractor??

The unit is quite well kept so our renovations will be minimal -- like false ceiling, changing staircase railing, painting, floor polishing, lightings, changing toilet bowls, remove some built-in furnitures, etc.

Welcome! Wah.. EM in that area is rather x leh!

Well, if you know what u wana renovate, and have some ideas, then a contractor will be good enough. If you have totally no idea what to do, then an ID will be able to assist you.

Just note that if you are going to change the staircase railing, most likely you'll need to change the staircase flooring, cuz the hacking will spoil the flooring. :)

YewTee... That time I view a unit at block 555... the valuation is about 360.. they ask for 40k cash... zzz

den i didnt buy le ...

Like that place cos.. its just opposite Kranji Camp.. my hubby work there...

Hi anthylau,

Is that a qns for me? :P Not too sure cuz it's in a quote, or if it's sth I wrote or... *scratch head* :P

If it's for me.. Hee.. My house still renovating! But almost done liao bah. Handover is end of next week! :dancingqueen: Can chk out my reno by clicking on my signature. :)

Welcome! Wah.. EM in that area is rather x leh!

Well, if you know what u wana renovate, and have some ideas, then a contractor will be good enough. If you have totally no idea what to do, then an ID will be able to assist you.

Just note that if you are going to change the staircase railing, most likely you'll need to change the staircase flooring, cuz the hacking will spoil the flooring. :)

Agree it's a bit steep but we like the unit and its only 5 mins walk to MRT so we went ahead! :)

We were also thinking if changing the railings will affect the flooring....

Now that you mentioned most likely will need to hack the flooring :jawdrop: Expensive!

YewTee... That time I view a unit at block 555... the valuation is about 360.. they ask for 40k cash... zzz

den i didnt buy le ...

Like that place cos.. its just opposite Kranji Camp.. my hubby work there...

Wah asking for 40K cash? I would think that seller is not very sincere :unsure:

We manage to get it at valuation -- 470K :)