Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hmm.. do u have the link? i am a idiot here in this forum.. always lost in navigation....

I didnt take any pic of the place as it is just plain hacking.. hmm.. maybe i should start now...

Hehe, here u go! Ripples' EM

Hee, it's always good to take pics of the before/progress/after. To show others or just for memory. :)

new members! Been so busy unpacking for the past few days...really not easy man.

Hehe, take ur time bah. I also took awhile b4 I finish unpacking everyting. hehehe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

looking for a EM at hougang street 21, anyone staying there? :)

I am browsing thru some listing and doing some research before i take the plunge, realise that some of the listings are 5A mansionette, others are listed as Exec Mansionette. Is the a difference? I am currently staying in a 5 rm flat, guess I am only eligible for HDB loan if I get a EM and not a 5A Mansionette?

looking for a EM at hougang street 21, anyone staying there? :)

I am browsing thru some listing and doing some research before i take the plunge, realise that some of the listings are 5A mansionette, others are listed as Exec Mansionette. Is the a difference? I am currently staying in a 5 rm flat, guess I am only eligible for HDB loan if I get a EM and not a 5A Mansionette?

Since 5A Maisonette is listed under 5-room transactions then u wont be able to get your hdb housing loan. Wonder y they call it a maisonette.....is it because they really have a 2nd storey? I know there's such maisonette in Sin Ming. All the rooms are on 1st floor and the 2nd storey is just a narrow recess balcony that act as a store room. Really looks funny as all u see is a narrow area when u go up the stairs. Dunno if they also label such units as 5 room.

I think there are several EM units at Hougang St 21 on sale now but i think valuation around 450k. Those around Blk 230 has the rectangle balcony layout whereas those facing NTUC comes with the yard aka squarish balcony with attached rubbish chute. U might wanna consider EMs at Lor Ah Soo since also near to St 21.

Edited by born_again

I'm not too sure about this.. I heard that 5A Mansionettes onli got 3bedrooms, where EMs got 3bedrms upstairs plus a utility rm dwnstairs. Therefore 5A Mansionettes will be slightly smaller in size too. So maybe this is the diff? But pls dun quote me on this, it's what I heard only. :)

Wlecome to the club, whee is ur place? I just started my reno on the monday too. :) Went to take a peep last nite in 2 days, everything was hack off!

Yeah In cck :) a corner unit. Today my ID just came in to talke the measurements and the electrician just came in to check on the electricity and the relocation of switches and lights.

Btw, anyone bought Fanco Fans?

Wat do you gals/guys think of the EM basic layout regards to Feg shui??

I have asked a FS Master to check on the house before I did my reno so that we can work out the positions and the colours.

I have asked a FS Master to check on the house before I did my reno so that we can work out the positions and the colours.

Is our flr plan similar? Bukit batok n CCK? Maybe can hear some pinters from u..

Is our flr plan similar? Bukit batok n CCK? Maybe can hear some pinters from u..

Erm I m not sure about that. The directions are different, too. It has connections with who are staying the house also.

Thus it is best if you ask the opinion of a trusted FS Master. :)

If you need a FS Master u lemme know I can pass u the contact.

Erm I m not sure about that. The directions are different, too. It has connections with who are staying the house also.

Thus it is best if you ask the opinion of a trusted FS Master. :)

If you need a FS Master u lemme know I can pass u the contact.

True also. :)

But now we are only giving him... 3 weeks + 3 days leh... :(

We gave our contractor 5 weeks. Kept floor tiles in living, dining, storeroom, staircase, 2 balconies & all 4 bedrooms. Hack floor tiles in 3 toilets & kitchen. Bathroom amenities, aircons & partial carpentry & partial electrical were ready when we moved in. Most carpentry work not finished. The worst was the solid table tops in kitchen & bathrooms were not ready, which meant taps, sink & cooking hob cannot be installed, we didn't forsee it'll be such a nightmare. It's not fun having to eat out for 3 weeks everyday, and can't do basic washing over sink.

Prioritise what must be done by the time you moved in & tell your contractor.

We made the mistake of not ensuring that cooking facilities must be ready & all sink & tap must be installed when we moved in.

Be prepared to bear with the din of on-going carpentry work after you moved in. May need to touch up cement on corners & edges around windows if you've changed windows as they may not be patched back evenly, and having the workers coming into your rooms with pails of cement walking around your beds, sofa & stuff can be rather nerve-wrecking.

Hi,

We just broke the glass turntable tray in our Ariston MWA222 microwave oven. :(

It'll costs $70 just to replace the glass turntable.

Does anyone know where can I buy microwave oven turntables in Singapore besides Mayer?

CC

u unpacking? Thgt u moved in long time liao? :)

no lah...officially shifted only on tuesday. I really love the feel of EM...cannot describe, but it's simply heavens! haha...

my SIL commented just like terrace living in HDB :)

tiring part is the chores. yesterday went back to clean and mop, tiring, but feels great! at least more things unpacked and we are more or less settled.

anyone with square balcony to share on how u actually plan for your laundry area? I did mine, but after using i find that it is not as well planned as i thought.

no lah...officially shifted only on tuesday. I really love the feel of EM...cannot describe, but it's simply heavens! haha...

my SIL commented just like terrace living in HDB :)

tiring part is the chores. yesterday went back to clean and mop, tiring, but feels great! at least more things unpacked and we are more or less settled.

*Hi-Five* Totally understand how u feel. hehehehe.. Even the chores are fun when u love the house. hahha

*Hi-Five* Totally understand how u feel. hehehehe.. Even the chores are fun when u love the house. hahha

*Hi Five back to u* really lor...my 4rm has no luxury of space and this new place really makes me fall in love with it!