Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Cool, nice to see so many post this morning... ok, i am in a sticky situation. I basically hack and redo the WHOLE em, and i got less then a month. :( And i have yet to buy my stuff (bath tub, WC, etc...) Now i m getting worried.. u guys think 4 weeks is enough?

i suggest if you can, give it more time. my dad told me my house has lesser hollow tiles issue is because i gave them sufficient time to finish up the masonry works. if u rush thru, there will be lotsa hollow tiles later on.

usually cement needs time to "eat in" or settle down after tiling. If you start drilling the next 2 days, tiles around the area will be hollow.

True enough, even my contractor's bro was telling me he do not see I have many of such problems because I didn;t make them rush thru masonry works.

Hope this helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Cool, nice to see so many post this morning... ok, i am in a sticky situation. I basically hack and redo the WHOLE em, and i got less then a month. :( And i have yet to buy my stuff (bath tub, WC, etc...) Now i m getting worried.. u guys think 4 weeks is enough?

i suggest if you can, give it more time. my dad told me my house has lesser hollow tiles issue is because i gave them sufficient time to finish up the masonry works. if u rush thru, there will be lotsa hollow tiles later on.

Yupz, agree with familyof4. If possible, try not to rush the workers too much. If not, they may give shoddy work. :(

Hehe, can start looking around for ur stuff this wkend liao. And there's GSS, sure got lots of gd buys. :)

do remember to get the indemnity form and the necessary documents for sellers to endorse as u're starting your reno before 2nd appointment....its to cover both parties.

as for Zen furniture, u can also try picket and rail as their furniture are also in dark/walnut colour which is the theme for Zen. For cheaper furniture, u can try wihardja

I a, also worried abt the workmanship... I am discussing with my contractor abt this... Yes, i had the idemity form ready as i need it to submit for reno work. GSS has come at the right time!!!!!

I a, also worried abt the workmanship... I am discussing with my contractor abt this... Yes, i had the idemity form ready as i need it to submit for reno work. GSS has come at the right time!!!!!

Hehe u very heng. Now sure got lots of goodies to get. :P

Cool, ur sellers very nice. :) Haha, that's the first place I though of for Zen furniture. Hmm, yah, like wat Hiera said, some of Barang Barang's stuff can b counted as Zen style bah. Or can try Natural Living. They have some wood furniture that can be used in a zen setting too. :)

Think there's a shop in Holland Village that sells such furniture too. Don't know where exactly, but rem got a forumner got a v nice lighted wood coffee table from there.

I dink the place is called LIM'S ______

Cant remb =p

Yes, it is called Lim'sArt. But i think both wihardja n Lim's Art also quite Exp leh :(

huh.....no la, wihardja's prices are cheaper than Barang Barang or other Teak furniture shops we visited but of course the quality not very good.

huh.....no la, wihardja's prices are cheaper than Barang Barang or other Teak furniture shops we visited but of course the quality not very good.

I been to the wihardja at sungei kadut.. the price not really low leh, seem comparable to BB. The sales items then i would say ya, the price are quite attractive. Which wihardja do u recommend?

I been to the wihardja at sungei kadut.. the price not really low leh, seem comparable to BB. The sales items then i would say ya, the price are quite attractive. Which wihardja do u recommend?

so far i only been to the one at Ubi a couple of times. Also visited the one along Yio Chu Kang Rd. Bought my day-bed from there back in 2005 after searching around everywhere. Most of the daybeds were selling for $800 and above at Barang Barang, The Helping Hand and at a few other teak shops.

Recently, we visited a teak shop at Macpherson opp Potong Pasir, The Helping Hand and another one at Geylang near Sims Drive. The prices of their furnitures are not cheap.

so far i only been to the one at Ubi a couple of times. Also visited the one along Yio Chu Kang Rd. Bought my day-bed from there back in 2005 after searching around everywhere. Most of the daybeds were selling for $800 and above at Barang Barang, The Helping Hand and at a few other teak shops.

Recently, we visited a teak shop at Macpherson opp Potong Pasir, The Helping Hand and another one at Geylang near Sims Drive. The prices of their furnitures are not cheap.

Is the one at YCK big? the one at sungei is kinda small i feel.

Is the one at YCK big? the one at sungei is kinda small i feel.

small to me. I've not been to the one at sungei kadut but i think the one at ubi is considered quite big.

Time to knock up this sleeping thread again.... HALO?????? What is ur reasons for buyig EM?? For me is the below;

Short term

1) Outlook - Like the feel of stairs

2) Bed Room - Like the separation of rooms to a different level (Privacy)

3) Space - Big n spacious

4) Balconey - Always like the ideas of having one

Long term

1) Singapore flat getting more n more expensive, so i think it is good to invest in a BIG flat

2) Singapore flat is getting smaller n more expensive, if my kids cant afford a place next time, atleast they can stay with us

3) EM no longer in production, the resales value should be more stable.

what abt u guys?