Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

familyof4,

I am still saving for the day I can do my reno without taking loan...

Lesser liability in future, for the days of uncertainties though recently my hubby de retirement been moved from 42 to 50 =D

Still scared...

~>.<~

Hiera, Hubby and I also thought we should not take up loans. We can make our house nicer with more things, but it doesn't make sense to pay for the interest when our little savings in the bank pays us only little interest.

retire at 50...sigh...i don't have idea when is mine...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hehe, very guai. Till now, my hb still say Muffin very guai. :)

U make me feel very guilty. Ever since the arrival of my children, i have spent lesser and lesser time with Muffin. Seldom play with her but only talk to her. No muffin, good girl, sit, wait etc..... bringing her out for jog, no way cos she can't keep up.

U make me feel very guilty. Ever since the arrival of my children, i have spent lesser and lesser time with Muffin. Seldom play with her but only talk to her. No muffin, good girl, sit, wait etc..... bringing her out for jog, no way cos she can't keep up.

Hehe, think she don't have many more years liao bah, cuz u told me she's abt 10yrs old rite? Bring her for walks at our park loh. Ur wife ok wif Muffin? Walks will b gd for her and for Muffin. :) Think with ur 3rd princess, u'll have even lesser time for Muffin liao. :P

Muffin is chrono de schnauser right?

=D

My hubby love schnauzer...

We got a Dachshund in the end...

At 10 years old, they have different needs, as compared to their younger days..

My in Law de 16 year old Silky Terrier spend most of his time sitting down when we bring him out for walks... =D

I did almost an overhaul with hackings, masonry works etc. Plastering I wanted to do, uncle assess the place and says I need not do it as the wall condition is good. But he did plaster and touch up for me at various places at NO EXTRA CHARGE :) I hacked 2 walls. One to relocated the bedroom entrance, another is the wall leading from recess to study/hall.

The only thing I retained is the stairs and L2 Parquet flooring.

We didn't apply for any Reno loan.

In addition, my carpentry includes:

MBR wardrobe 9ft

2x wardrobes 6ft each

Tv console in MBR

2x bedside table

2 vanity cabinets

kitchen cabinets (forgot the measurement)

Feature wall (8ft)

suspended cabinet to cover up the chute

study cum computer table (10.5ft)

shoe cabinet

Full height altar

boxing up of 2 big pipes in the kitchen and entrance (FOC)

I think carpentry about there...I also re-do whole house windows and grilles.

Uncle is managing the project...I think he starts rejecting people after we feedback to him. He is retaining better workers and accept works within his capability :) No harm just getting one more quote ;)

Famof4,

Seems like i will be doing slightly more things..which include hacking of staircase add L2 Parquet flooring for staircase and L2.

Adding glass panel for open kitchen concept,

Adding Glass shower screen in MBR

Change of Glass door for L2 toilets

Change to glass railings for staircase.

I guess that pretty much explain more of where my cost is going to.

Hi Hiera,

I am thinking of getting a dog perhaps shiba , i just wonder if your house has any parquet flooring? my only concern is taht they might scratch or pee on the parquet.

Hi,

I have parquet florring for my stairs and level 2.

When we first moved in, my Greddys did 'missed-Q" and aimed at the wrong places like the stairs and stuff like that,

We used the pets odour removal and it worked great!

Even once where he poo-ed wrongly, and it didnt affect the parquet.

Dogs make your house more lively... Thats exceptionally true my hb and I cos we have no kids yet.

Once I had a Goldren Retriever at my place for about a month and the space is sufficient for that boy boy to run about.

=D

Muffin is chrono de schnauser right?

=D

My hubby love schnauzer...

We got a Dachshund in the end...

At 10 years old, they have different needs, as compared to their younger days..

My in Law de 16 year old Silky Terrier spend most of his time sitting down when we bring him out for walks... =D

Ya it is a salt & pepper mini schnauzer, really mini cos shorter than 14". U can see alot of over size mini schnauzer out. So if u intend to get one check the origin.

At 10 she is still very hyper active leh..... when she is allowed to roam the place run around the house like crazy...climbing the stair up and down. Thus far, muffin does her biz at the balcony.

Famof4,

Seems like i will be doing slightly more things..which include hacking of staircase add L2 Parquet flooring for staircase and L2.

Adding glass panel for open kitchen concept,

Adding Glass shower screen in MBR

Change of Glass door for L2 toilets

Change to glass railings for staircase.

I guess that pretty much explain more of where my cost is going to.

hey, I am only not doing

1. Adding glass panel for open kitchen concept,

2. hacking of staircase add L2 Parquet flooring for staircase and L2 (I will be painting and polishing instead)

3. Change to glass railings for staircase. :)

I also wanted glass railings, but my hubby against the idea cos the kids will leave their fingerprints there and making cleaning a big chore :P But I have to say it looks very nice and classy :)

Hi,

I have parquet florring for my stairs and level 2.

When we first moved in, my Greddys did 'missed-Q" and aimed at the wrong places like the stairs and stuff like that,

We used the pets odour removal and it worked great!

Even once where he poo-ed wrongly, and it didnt affect the parquet.

Dogs make your house more lively... Thats exceptionally true my hb and I cos we have no kids yet.

Once I had a Goldren Retriever at my place for about a month and the space is sufficient for that boy boy to run about.

=D

OMG Golden Retriver? My wife and me loves that retriver. But i guess we cant get it as it is not under one of the approved breeds which HDB offers. Is living under EM considered as a seperate case? if so i might wanna consider getting a retriver.

OMG Golden Retriver? My wife and me loves that retriver. But i guess we cant get it as it is not under one of the approved breeds which HDB offers. Is living under EM considered as a seperate case? if so i might wanna consider getting a retriver.

Living in an EM doesnt give us any privilege with regards to bigger sized canine.

I was kindda fostering it without any applicationof any approval..

There are alot of GR owners who kept their pals in their HDB.

Guess its the "do anything but dont get caught" theory bahh...

If i were to choose, I'll choose huskies over GR. =D

German Shepard would be nice too...

Hehe, I also LOVE GRs. They're sooooo cute. hehehe :D I saw a couple of GRs at my neighbourhood. Think got sme pple keep them secretly.

Hehe, I also LOVE GRs. They're sooooo cute. hehehe :D I saw a couple of GRs at my neighbourhood. Think got sme pple keep them secretly.

Hmmm Yeah, gotta look around the neighbourhood also, cos there are neighbours with very low tolerance of dogs. =Dh

My Greddys is registered at the previous address I am staying, yet to transfer him.

So far no problems.

As you know, some people see big dogs, they buey song.. they will start to complain...

Its all up to u bahh..

I have a friend who kept 2 GRs, 1 male and 1 female, in their 3 room flat. And they are still safe from complaints and any trouble from the authority.

Getting a dog is not like buying a new furniture, you are its friend for life.

Gotta consider if, in event the authorities nail down on you, are you going to give up the dog or not.

There are alot of huge dogs out for adoption for the same reason. =D

Small breeds works fine.

Didnt expect I'll be walking a Dachshund around also =D. Given that their height and their length really attract alot of attention..

GRs are big, they eat alot.. really alot..

A small pack of food, that GR eat for 1 week,

My Greddys can take the whole month to finish.. o.0"

Toking abt dogs.. i used to have 3 cockers.. but after my babies came in.. i have no choice but to let 1 go, as she is too tempermental (very defensive against other, only close to us). 12 months into having my first boy, i gave another of my dog away as he attacked my son. It is real bad (but luckily all wounds recovered). Now i only left one cocker and so far things has been well.

Toking abt dogs.. i used to have 3 cockers.. but after my babies came in.. i have no choice but to let 1 go, as she is too tempermental (very defensive against other, only close to us). 12 months into having my first boy, i gave another of my dog away as he attacked my son. It is real bad (but luckily all wounds recovered). Now i only left one cocker and so far things has been well.

Its a very painful thing to decode between the doggie and your son, cos definitely you will go for your son...

Cockers are lovely...

I just read that Greddy's have cocker bloody in his family line =D

Its a very painful thing to decode between the doggie and your son, cos definitely you will go for your son...

Cockers are lovely...

I just read that Greddy's have cocker bloody in his family line =D

Ya, it is tough. I had a big struggles letting them go.... but the other 2 are too risky to be with my kids..

I think i saw ur ad for room rental in the internet hehehe