Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi kiira,

I'm also looking for EMs in Jurong! Been sourcing for them for about 2 months already. Like what chrono said, sellers are asking more COV cuz of the Jurong Lake developments. Lots of them are asking like 20+k - 50+k. Signz... Even flats not in the immediate area also can quote the development and ask for more COV. *faint*

Hi All,

Check with you guys, will there be any problems (eg: ceiling leaking, very hot in the afternoon) for houses on the top floor? I recently went to view an EM on L12, 24yrs old, and I'm wondering if the ceiling will have future pblms anot. Pls advise, tks! :yamseng:

20k to 50k is ok, when i starts my hunt on 2007 Dec, it was 50 - 100k they were asking. I viewed many units and made a few offers but was rejected cos the COV i'm willing to pay <50k. In the end got my EM at JW 471 just before the Jurong Lake development announcement, but still need to pay 40k as that was what the seller asked for. We decided to pay this much because of the view from balcony, highest floor and NS facing plus to close the deal quickly before any competitor.

I saw one in 469 value at 380k and COV 30k on the net listed somewhere in March. PM me if u r interested i sent u the link.

Lucky?

Hehe...i oso dunno lucky or not..1st unit get such an expensive unit, oso siong on me & wife. lucky both of us civil servants...so better job security.

My wife not so keen on EM, she say tiring have to climb up & down staircase.. :dunno:

but after seeing the unit..she say ok.

Now got more queries..

1)Agent say will register with HDB 45 days after we exercised OTP

2)1st appt is 1.5mth - 2mths later

3)2nd appt is 1.5mth - 2mth later

4)I allowed the owner to stay there for 1mth after handover but utilities & conservancy they pay.

I feel the estimated time line is bit too long..i feel like they dragging their feet to find a unit...at the expense of us..is the 1st & 2nd appt waiting time really dat long?

Is the seller doing bridging or contra? For 1) u can push your agent to submit faster. Your agent must have kept something from u.

I'm doing bridging that's why i opt for max 45 days, so that i can sell my unit. But i sold my before 45 days time frame.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
20k to 50k is ok, when i starts my hunt on 2007 Dec, it was 50 - 100k they were asking. I viewed many units and made a few offers but was rejected cos the COV i'm willing to pay <50k. In the end got my EM at JW 471 just before the Jurong Lake development announcement, but still need to pay 40k as that was what the seller asked for. We decided to pay this much because of the view from balcony, highest floor and NS facing plus to close the deal quickly before any competitor.

I saw one in 469 value at 380k and COV 30k on the net listed somewhere in March. PM me if u r interested i sent u the link.

Hi chrono, we're looking at ur area too. Quite like there as it's within walkin distance to the MRT. Just PM u for the link! TIA! :)

Seller is gg to look for house after i exercised the option to purchase...if they could find a unit earlier. then they will register earlier.

Agent did tell me tis before i place deposit...now tink back so long...

i paid $60k cov for mine....cos of the high floor and it is windy (facing highway)

wah! that's alot man! hehe.. we dun have that much for COV.. esp since we wana borrow onli ard 20k reno loan, and the rest pay cash. That leaves us with ard 30k cov max... signz.. and now lots of flat owners are quoting the jurong lake development to ask for more cov..

chk with u... is it very noisy at nite for high flrs? hehe.. i know u still haven move in, bt at nite wen u go chk on ur house? is it very noisy? cuz we tinking of offering for one EM on top flr (L12), bt scare super noisy, cuz it's nex to a highway..

wah! that's alot man! hehe.. we dun have that much for COV.. esp since we wana borrow onli ard 20k reno loan, and the rest pay cash. That leaves us with ard 30k cov max... signz.. and now lots of flat owners are quoting the jurong lake development to ask for more cov..

chk with u... is it very noisy at nite for high flrs? hehe.. i know u still haven move in, bt at nite wen u go chk on ur house? is it very noisy? cuz we tinking of offering for one EM on top flr (L12), bt scare super noisy, cuz it's nex to a highway..

mine is the 2nd block away from the highway....as the first block is a 4 storey EM block....so it is still bearable...we bought it cos it is very windy....and not many units we have viewed earlier are on high floor...

Lucky?

Hehe...i oso dunno lucky or not..1st unit get such an expensive unit, oso siong on me & wife. lucky both of us civil servants...so better job security.

My wife not so keen on EM, she say tiring have to climb up & down staircase.. :dunno:

but after seeing the unit..she say ok.

Now got more queries..

1)Agent say will register with HDB 45 days after we exercised OTP

2)1st appt is 1.5mth - 2mths later

3)2nd appt is 1.5mth - 2mth later

4)I allowed the owner to stay there for 1mth after handover but utilities & conservancy they pay.

I feel the estimated time line is bit too long..i feel like they dragging their feet to find a unit...at the expense of us..is the 1st & 2nd appt waiting time really dat long?

Sorry to ask this, but really dun quite understand what do you mean by must register after exercising OTP in 45days.

The first step should be placing a deposit with the seller to secure a OTP, (we shall call this *Day 1*).

Once you done that, the seller cannot sell the flat to any other person. You will have 14days to decide whether to buy the unit or not. If you had decided to buy the unit, you must pay the seller the balance fee (up to $5k) to confirm the purchase.

To exercise the OTP, the agent must submit all your documents (including HLE! & valuation report) and registeration fee to HDB within 14days from *Day 1*. If not, your deposit would be gone and the seller can sell the house to another person. Thus, exericsing the OTP is the same as register with HDB and you must do so within 14days from *Day 1*, not the day you give them the balance payment for OTP.

So, once you'd exericsed the OTP, the next time would be the First Appointment. If you go to hdb website, there is a page that can tell you when is the earliest 1st appointment date from the day your agent submits documents and OTP. Having said that, there is a range of dates the agent can select. E.g. if you submits your OTP and documents on 2 Jun 08, your 1st appointment could be anytime from mid Jul to end Aug. Be careful that the agent dun chose the end of the period in order to drag time. Before your 1st appt, HDB will need to send their technical officer to inspect the seller's flat.

According to hdb website, 2nd appointment is usually 6 to 8wks from the 1st appointment. And if I'm not wrong, you chose your 2nd appt date during the 1st appt itself. You will collect your key to that flat on the 2nd appt. So technically, the flat is yours after the 2nd appt. If you allow the seller to stay another mth after collecting the keys, FOC; it is between you and them. But it would be good that there is something written in black & white to state that you are allowing them to stay there for a mth out of good will, so that they won't drag on too long. Maybe you can consider "renting" the place to them thereafter... But then, you will probably need the unit to start your renovation rite?

Oops... got carried away. Anyway, I'm still waiting for my 1st appt. All the best! :)

Hi bro,

Thanks for your informative reply, did u purchase an EM too?

I was given the OTP & placed $500 last week and yesterday I exercised the OTP and placed $4,500 as deposit.

The seller is doing a contra thus he requested 45days for him to search for another house. The agent told me max is 45days for him to register with HDB. This i cant find in HDB rules but he did state it in the OTP.

Why before 1st appointment HDB TO will come to inspect flat ah?I notice a long crack beside the staircase.

owner plastered over it.

Edited by 666

Hi bro,

Thanks for your informative reply, did u purchase an EM too?

I was given the OTP & placed $500 last week and yesterday I exercised the OTP and placed $4,500 as deposit.

The seller is doing a contra thus he requested 45days for him to search for another house. The agent told me max is 45days for him to register with HDB. This i cant find in HDB rules but he did state it in the OTP.

Why before 1st appointment HDB TO will come to inspect flat ah?I notice a long crack beside the staircase.

owner plastered over it.

Hmm, I think I could have made a mistake myself. Sorry for the wrong info.

I've re-visited HDB website and they didn't really mention when must the resale application be made with HDB. I got the idea from the few agents that I'd met when searching for a resale flats.

I guess, if the agent/seller wants to get rid of the house fast, they will say must submit everything to HDB within 14days, but if they want to delay, they will max the period of submission.

Anyway, I think if your seller really wish to delay, the agent might chose a later 1st appointment date from the system when he submits the application to HDB. Can check the next available resale 1st appointment date from the link http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB24APPT/WelcomeDate.jsp

Read in some forums, some agents will do such things to help the seller extend the time.

I think HDB has to ensure that the seller didn't do "illegal renovation" to their flat before they sell it off. Otherwise, the buyer will be made responsible for those unauthorized renovation. But before the 2nd appointment, it is the buyer's responsibility to inspect the house to ensure all is in order coz once take over the key, the new flat owner (which is us) will be responsible. But HDB didn't really tell us what are suppose to be in order. :( Thus, I also dun know what must be checked.

Yes, I'd made a purchase of an EM at Potong Pasir.

Calling all the mansionatte owner from renotalk forum.

Keen to contribute? Please add on:

1. Hdb_sigh - 148sgm - Whompao/ Ballister - 22 years - <$340 - expected August 2006

2. Hello88 - 150sgm - Hougang

3. Zapzap - 146sqm - Yishun

4. Fireman74 - 146sqm - Bishan St 22 (Signing OTP today)

Hi bro,

owner plastered over it.

ya, seller can request for certain number of days before agent submit for 1st appointment registration. Previously, my seller also requested for 90days (heard that's the max) as she need to locate a flat first. Luckily, agent submitted it 2-3 weeks after we paid the deposit as seller managed to find a flat.

errr...... cant recall whether its before 1st appt or before 2nd appt that HDB officer to inspect the flat. Any unauthorised reno would have to be removed or rectified BUT there's ways to overcome this. Eg. the officer would get the seller to remove the gate that might not conformed to HDB standard, take a photo then have it installed back (but of course, if the buyer wants to take over the gate).

wah siong leh..check the site..even if register now..earliest is 10 july.. :(

if seller really take 45days max then register..wah..sept then can get 1st appt.. :o

anyway wen met seller & agent yday,told him our urgency la..they promise me will get a place asap.. :dunno:

hi sofian94

where is your EM located?

ya, i think for doing up the whole hse,......40k shld be ard there.

i think your 59k is abit on the high side.

maybe you wish to check out a few more to make comparisons.

my EM is at Woodlands Ring Road.. u have any contractor or id to recommend??

Seems like my reno plan is rather similiar to your... So far I've asked 3 reno contractors and was quoted about $40k+ but it's all estimated as they have not surveyed my house. I'll be paying the deposit for an EM at Bedok Reservior this weekend. Where's your place?

mine is at woodlands ring.. will be searching high and low for the best quotations. i welcome any assistance from anyone.. thanks

Hi, I'm mrs-V and this is my first entry in this forum. Before today, I had no clue maisonettes were so popular! I was initially against a double storey flat given that I have young kids, but we just bought a unit in Clementi - anyone here also owns a unit there? Our first appt is in Jul and keys handover 1 Oct.. So now i'm sourcing for design, ideas, contractor.. I do find it abit of a challenge to keep costs within boundaries.. but what I'm hearing and reading is that $50k is reasonable for an overhaul.

This is what we will be doing :

1. changing orientation of maid's room (involves hacking and creating new door entrance)

2. creating built-in shoe cabinet and bench at entrance

3. changing windows and grilles (3 bedrooms + kitchen + dining + balcony)

4. changing all doors (bedroom doors

5. install sliding door for kitchen entrance

6. overhaul toilets (3 toilets)

7. overhaul kitchen

8. change all floor tiles (living - marble, bedroom - parquet)

9. installing folding doors in living hall (opens to balcony)

10. build in cabinets for bedrooms

11. false ceiling for lights

12. redoing the staircase railings

13. re-wiring/ plumbing

I need to make sure that the reno is completed within 2 mths - anyone can give inputs on whether this can be done?

thank you....