Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

ya lor,.....sigh :(

as a matter of fact,.....by not staying with parents or in-laws does not means we are not fillial mah,....however, the old folks will take it that we are abandoing them or not willing to take care of them.......which is not true mah!

infact, i really envy my bro,....cos my parents are those whom dun wanna stay with any of us.....and they hv their own savings and would prefer to stay by themselves..,....so, my da-sao also very lucky lor,....cos she will hv to face the fate of staying with in-laws....keke :)

i m ok with staying with my in-laws,....but, sometimes would still prefer to stay on our own and hv our own time lor. ;)

Morning everyone!

Yupz.. isn't there a Chinese saying that says staying together is hard? Like what u said.. it does not mean that we are not filial if we dun wana stay together. By staying together, we have to accomodate one another's habits. Sometimes it's those little habits that can create the biggest quarrels. How nice it'll be if can just stay nearby, and go back once a week for dinner, etc. Signz... now wana buy house and wen tink of design, gota take into account of their bad habits as well. Can't tell em all dun bring over to my future hse, if not definitely will have WW3!

Jessie, ur bro is really lucky. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yes! me have no regrets owning this EM unit!

its really feels great staying in EM right? btw, looking forward to more pics of your beautifully done up EM. Also still waiting for your done up floorplan as wanna see how u done up your common loo upstairs as we got the same layouts as Jessie. In fact, I still dont like my common loo and its coming to 3 years liao....hahahaha

ya lor,.....sigh :(

as a matter of fact,.....by not staying with parents or in-laws does not means we are not fillial mah,....however, the old folks will take it that we are abandoing them or not willing to take care of them.......which is not true mah!

infact, i really envy my bro,....cos my parents are those whom dun wanna stay with any of us.....and they hv their own savings and would prefer to stay by themselves..,....so, my da-sao also very lucky lor,....cos she will hv to face the fate of staying with in-laws....keke :)

i m ok with staying with my in-laws,....but, sometimes would still prefer to stay on our own and hv our own time lor. ;)

yup, its really not easy staying together. Me also lucky that no need to stay with my in-laws cos they're stayin in their own flat and the fact that we have different religion so MIL ever hinted that different religion cant stay together when me and hubby just started 'pa-toring'. Heng man otherwise sure next time I die cos hubby is her favourite son. Anyway, my parents are staying with me for the past 1 year. Really got to give in alot as previously stayed next door at old place and had huge quarrel. Anyway, that's history liao.

Edited by hello88

hi virgo,.....i also no regret buy EM,... ;)

hi Angel.....sigh :(

this is also what i'm facing now......cos my MIL is very particular abt kitchen and she cooks everyday, every meals! thus, we just hv to *consult* and get her *approval* on the kitchen.......there goes my dream kitchen :(

then, talk abt religious,......i'm a free thinker and i dun like hving those *god* at my hse,....but, my FIL prays the *tua pek gong*,....and now i am facing this difficulty of not allowing them bring over to my hse to pray!

i can foresee,.....even now b4 we move in, conflicts oledi going to start lor ...... :(

this is also what i'm facing now......cos my MIL is very particular abt kitchen and she cooks everyday, every meals! thus, we just hv to *consult* and get her *approval* on the kitchen.......there goes my dream kitchen :(

then, talk abt religious,......i'm a free thinker and i dun like hving those *god* at my hse,....but, my FIL prays the *tua pek gong*,....and now i am facing this difficulty of not allowing them bring over to my hse to pray!

i can foresee,.....even now b4 we move in, conflicts oledi going to start lor ...... :(

Signz.. I don't tink I'll "consult" them on the designs. But will take into account their habits and will find ways to hide their habits loh. Then they smoke.. I tink they will know not to smoke in common areas. But how to tell em not to smoke in common toilet as well? Signz... headache...

Haha.. my headache abt the kitchen is different fr u. My MIL seldom cooks, mayb at most once a week. But wen she cooks, she dun wash the dishes immediately or clean the stove or wipe the tiles. Very dirty bad habits.. And when she does wash the dishes/pans, they'll be placed on the counter top, with water staining the counter. I love to cook, but is always put off by the state of the kitchen. Now wondering hw best to tell her to keep my future kitchen clean. Signz......

I'm a free thinker as well, and my hb dun reali pray as well... If his parents tell him to pray then he will... Wen we told 'em we're looking to shift hse... they volunteered to "see the gods off" when shifting... after all.. wen they r not there liao.. nobody will pray to the gods.. so muz as well dun bring them to the new hse. Maybe u can use this to hint to them. :)

PS: Saw ur kitchen 3D drawing. Veli nice! I'm sure ur MIL will be cooking very happily there. :)

Edited by Angel81

Signz.. I don't tink I'll "consult" them on the designs. But will take into account their habits and will find ways to hide their habits loh. Then they smoke.. I tink they will know not to smoke in common areas. But how to tell em not to smoke in common toilet as well? Signz... headache...

I'm a free thinker as well, and my hb dun reali pray as well... If his parents tell him to pray then he will... Then wen we told 'em we're looking to shift hse... they volunteered to "see the gods off" when shifting... after all.. wen they r not there liao.. nobody will pray to the gods.. so muz as well dun bring them to the new hse. Maybe u can use this to hint to them. :)

ya ya, talk aby smoking.....my FIL likes to smoke in common toilet,....and he smoke those very very smelly kind of cigratte....i dunno what, but is very veey smeely type,...and i saw him roll on his own b4,..... :furious:

moreover, i hv 2 young kids at home,.....i also dun like it lor.

as for the god issue,...i hv oledi made it very clear to my PIL,....and now it's up to them liao lor.

regarding the design,.....i will just *ask* for the sake of *asking*,...but will still do it my way and my preference lah......hahahaha :D

BINGO!!!!

that's also what we love abt EM!

especially my hb is the only son, and we expecting my in-laws will be staying with us,...and my MIL plays mahjong,....so, i can stay in the room with my kids, and my boys can sleep without being disturbed by the noise.

Yup.. my pil 'gtg' to stay with us too (they only camp over some nites for .. we have a room custom made for them upstairs (colours and a built in TV in the wardrobe plus a phone by their bedside), and later maybe when they can't climb the stair then shift them to the ground level. Now the Xtra rm downstair is convert to a playroom cum studyrm.

COOL...

ya ya, talk aby smoking.....my FIL likes to smoke in common toilet,....and he smoke those very very smelly kind of cigratte....i dunno what, but is very veey smeely type,...and i saw him roll on his own b4,..... :furious:

as for the god issue,...i hv oledi made it very clear to my PIL,....and now it's up to them liao lor.

regarding the design,.....i will just *ask* for the sake of *asking*,...but will still do it my way and my preference lah......hahahaha :D

Actually I think you should approach your FIL and tell him you don't like the idea of him smoking in the toilet. There is no point hinting or waiting for him to change his habits coz he won't.

I've told my dad to smoke in the balcony for the sake of his grand daughter. And he understand and I can see he is trying his best to smoke at the "designated" area. kekeke... :notti:

Some things are hard to say but you got to say, if not, it is you who will suffer in the end. :)

My PILs smoke the same type of cigarettes!!! Ya, very smelly! Althou I dun have kids nw, wana start "training" them to smoke in just their own room only. Sometimes duno how to tell them. Will leave that to my HB.. haha..

Actually I think you should approach your FIL and tell him you don't like the idea of him smoking in the toilet. There is no point hinting or waiting for him to change his habits coz he won't.

I've told my dad to smoke in the balcony for the sake of his grand daughter. And he understand and I can see he is trying his best to smoke at the "designated" area. kekeke... :notti:

Some things are hard to say but you got to say, if not, it is you who will suffer in the end. :)

Sometimes it's really hard to tell them to do things another way. They'll say that we dun respect them la, dun take into account their preference la, that they've been doing things like that for very long la, etc etc etc. Signz... Gota find a nice way to "ask" them w/out hurting their feelings. Signz...

Haha.. my headache abt the kitchen is different fr u. My MIL seldom cooks, mayb at most once a week. But wen she cooks, she dun wash the dishes immediately or clean the stove or wipe the tiles. Very dirty bad habits.. And when she does wash the dishes/pans, they'll be placed on the counter top, with water staining the counter. I love to cook, but is always put off by the state of the kitchen. Now wondering hw best to tell her to keep my future kitchen clean. Signz......

I'm a free thinker as well, and my hb dun reali pray as well... If his parents tell him to pray then he will... Wen we told 'em we're looking to shift hse... they volunteered to "see the gods off" when shifting... after all.. wen they r not there liao.. nobody will pray to the gods.. so muz as well dun bring them to the new hse. Maybe u can use this to hint to them. :)

PS: Saw ur kitchen 3D drawing. Veli nice! I'm sure ur MIL will be cooking very happily there. :)

Can show ur kitchen #D to me too.. u posting at?

I had a friend where he do up a yellow box area for smoking within his hse.. .well, u can discuss this idea to ur hubby.

its really feels great staying in EM right? btw, looking forward to more pics of your beautifully done up EM. Also still waiting for your done up floorplan as wanna see how u done up your common loo upstairs as we got the same layouts as Jessie. In fact, I still dont like my common loo and its coming to 3 years liao....hahahaha

yup, its really not easy staying together. Me also lucky that no need to stay with my in-laws cos they're stayin in their own flat and the fact that we have different religion so MIL ever hinted that different religion cant stay together when me and hubby just started 'pa-toring'. Heng man otherwise sure next time I die cos hubby is her favourite son. Anyway, my parents are staying with me for the past 1 year. Really got to give in alot as previously stayed next door at old place and had huge quarrel. Anyway, that's history liao.

Hello 88,

did you post any photos? wanna see ur design too. hehehe share share

Hi jessie,

I think you still go on with your own dream kitchen design cos afterall, you will still use the kitchen when they aged. I'm sure ur in law will like ur dream kitchen... cos sometime they dun know about design.. what they ask for is practical ones.. so long u put effort in make sure there's space for cutting and a plug for grinding and easy to assess the sauces while cooking and a moveable island top to put prepared ingreadient and storage for garlic and onions at dry area.. A grandma will love..

not too sure you know what i mean. but those mentioned is the key factors to make a practical and comfortable cooking. And BEST is I realise EM kitchen layout is quite good, you won't go too wrong in design.

I 'm also quite worry that my mil will bring her pots and pans over, so i store all my toiletary (kitchen towel, toilet paper and Xtra kids' pampers on the empty kitchen cupboard.. So when she visited us, she knows no space liao. sorry to say that.. I'm also vy particular on what range and colour of plates and kitchen accesories i used.

So far lucky.. she still quite pleased with my kitchen, her bad habit is to place everything outside and mine is everything inside.. cos she always say put inside, no one will use and eat it... ( I dun like mess) but I tell her.. dun worry... i will always make use it goes into ur sons stomach.. and i m the one who do the marketing.. and i dun overbuy them.. finish then buy... except can food.. they rest i get my maid to make sure she cook and empty them. and once a while i will make a check too..

Hope its helps!

I'm not a smoker.. but i saw my colleague making their own roll... so i curious, i ask them, so they say more cost saving as the cigratte vy costly nowsaday. Put a spray inside the toilet and freshen the toilet lor.. when come to this.. I still remember my dad who used to smoke.. then each morning i will tell him to smoke less.. and it expensive plus all the bad health factors and the image factors.. until he no choice then try to quit smoking (that was when I still not married yet la and staying with them).. hahhaha... now he is a happier person.. can spend his money betting horse :furious: Now have to watch his betting... lucky he playing on his limit :notti:

Can show ur kitchen #D to me too.. u posting at?

I had a friend where he do up a yellow box area for smoking within his hse.. .well, u can discuss this idea to ur hubby.

Haha.. Yuntlh, all kitchen pics are in my mind and on paper so far. Haven get my house yet (hope u guys dun mind mi gate crashing this thread while I search for my EM). So far only collecting pics of kitchens I like and drawing up the plans for future hse. Paiseh.. hehe.. will start blog wen hse confirm. :)

I 'm also quite worry that my mil will bring her pots and pans over, so i store all my toiletary (kitchen towel, toilet paper and Xtra kids' pampers on the empty kitchen cupboard.. So when she visited us, she knows no space liao. sorry to say that.. I'm also vy particular on what range and colour of plates and kitchen accesories i used.

So far lucky.. she still quite pleased with my kitchen, her bad habit is to place everything outside and mine is everything inside.. cos she always say put inside, no one will use and eat it... ( I dun like mess)

I'm not a smoker.. but i saw my colleague making their own roll... so i curious, i ask them, so they say more cost saving as the cigratte vy costly nowsaday. Put a spray inside the toilet and freshen the toilet lor.. when come to this..

Haha! Me too, very particular on the range & color of the kitchen accessories. Nw wonder hw to stop her from bringing her non matching plates & old cups to new hse in future. HB sae sell bit by bit to 2nd hand shops, & use the $ to buy new ones. hahahha...

Ya loh, my MIL has the same bad habit of leaving lots of stuff outside. Very messy. So nex time gota make a cupboard at a good height to keep all her stuff in.

Haha.. yupz.. it is cheaper. But I heard that it's nt veli gd. Cuz got no filter or duno wat. Will do more harm to the body. Duno true anot. Hmm.. spray freshen up liao, will still have the bad chemicals around.. bad for health and will stain the walls leh.

Edited by Angel81

Haha.. Yuntlh, all kitchen pics are in my mind and on paper so far. Haven get my house yet (hope u guys dun mind mi gate crashing this thread while I search for my EM). So far only collecting pics of kitchens I like and drawing up the plans for future hse. Paiseh.. hehe.. will start blog wen hse confirm. :)

Haha! Me too, very particular on the range & color of the kitchen accessories. Nw wonder hw to stop her from bringing her non matching plates & old cups to new hse in future. HB sae sell bit by bit to 2nd hand shops, & use the $ to buy new ones. hahahha...

Ya loh, my MIL has the same bad habit of leaving lots of stuff outside. Very messy. So nex time gota make a cupboard at a good height to keep all her stuff in.

Haha.. yupz.. it is cheaper. But I heard that it's nt veli gd. Cuz got no filter or duno wat. Will do more harm to the body. Duno true anot. Hmm.. spray freshen up liao, will still have the bad chemicals around.. bad for health and will stain the walls leh.

no problem.. when u really get the hse then post the photo...

the older generation have this problem.. lucky my mum not like that... she dun like mess too. That's y she ask me to help her 'design' and plan her kitchen. And now she happy with her kitchen.

The filler thingy im nt too sure. But whatever it is.. it just no good to be a 2nd hand smoker...

lucky thing is that my pil dun smoke.. my fil drink beer... that's all..

hi Yunlth,

how to tell my FIL not to smoke??? plus my PIL both very sensitive,.....and they might mistake my intention lor.

anyway, i sometimes will complain to my MIL (she dun smoke), and tell her abt my worry for my boys' health......so, she will go and nag at my FIL lor.

regarding the kitchen, i will still go ahead with my design and will make it practical for her to use lor.

Haha.. agreed. Tink the older gen rather sensitive on lots of issues. :( Muz thread carefully when bringing up our concerns. Both my FIL & MIL smokes.. and my FIL drinks beer.. Headache headache..

Haha.. agreed. Tink the older gen rather sensitive on lots of issues. :( Muz thread carefully when bringing up our concerns. Both my FIL & MIL smokes.. and my FIL drinks beer.. Headache headache..

ya lor,...we hv to be extra careful and extra tactful when talk to them.