Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Ya..my unit current owner bought the flat at 500+k..dats y wen he initially advertised he wanted 90k..agent told me 90k asking is juz to break even niah..

Signz.. tink lots of cases like this around. Hopefully the valuation portion will go up, and cov can come down. Then the sellers will get more $ back, and we can take out less cash for cov.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Called agent..he say posted application to HDB last sunday. Should receive letter by this week or next week.

Y he dont use the net..it be faster.. :(

Roughly estimated date for 1st appointment is late aug - early september..wife expected date of delivery is late aug too...cialat..+ confinement etc..drag again.... :(:(

Called agent..he say posted application to HDB last sunday. Should receive letter by this week or next week.

Roughly estimated date for 1st appointment is late aug - early september..wife expected date of delivery is late aug too...cialat..+ confinement etc..drag again.... :(:(

hi 666,

think better let your wife complete confinement 1st.

dun rush lor.

Signz.. tink lots of cases like this around. Hopefully the valuation portion will go up, and cov can come down. Then the sellers will get more $ back, and we can take out less cash for cov.

At this point of time, HDB Flats are just too expensive to buy. This hike is to help those who paid > $400k for a EM to break loose with min losses.

With the COV, wouldnt it be wiser to use it on a 5% cash downpayment for a 99 pte property or EC ?

lesser restrictions impose on such properties, no min occupancy period, no rental restrictions.

Singaporeans is very forgetful, didnt the see the cycle coming back again.

Not say forgetful but for people like young couple..more like no choice.

I got hit by the hike last april when i started to look for house. Asking price then was madness...all thinkin every buyer is a millionaire.

Waited for so long before findin my dream home at an ideal price.

Yes,im 1 of them who is gg purchase EM at >400k.. :(

if price drop wen i gg sell...i dun tink i b selling off..stay there till finish paying..:(

At this point of time, HDB Flats are just too expensive to buy. This hike is to help those who paid > $400k for a EM to break loose with min losses.

With the COV, wouldnt it be wiser to use it on a 5% cash downpayment for a 99 pte property or EC ?

lesser restrictions impose on such properties, no min occupancy period, no rental restrictions.

Singaporeans is very forgetful, didnt the see the cycle coming back again.

hi GMC

do agree with your view in a way,....but think of it,.....the area is so much bigger for EM,...and EC or pte condo, all small area nia.......and if wanna buy big area units, it will cost alot lor. how to afford?

it's very individual lor.

eg. my bro stayed in a pte condo,.....and he sold off that apartment after just stayed there for 1year,.....cos, area is too small for him and also, he hardly make use of the facilities, and yet hv to pay so much for the maintenance......hahahhahaa :D

he always ask us go over to help him use since he no time to use.

and also, those neighbours or residents in pte condos / EC......very yaya-papaya.....and they are really think so high abt themselves.....that's why my bro just dun like the environment!

he thus, sell it at a good price and earned the profit,....and now he has shifted to HG, HDB 5room flat......and much happier......cos neighbours all very friendly and helpful.

Agreed... sometimes it's choice. And moreover, EC now veli x and rooms veli tiny. I need mre space cuz PIL will have to stay wif mi :(

Just keep looking loh I guess.. Ignore those who ask for crazy prices and search for sincere sellers. Hehehe... There's bound to be some out there. :P

Val amt.. dun reali mind if it's increasing to reflect the true valuation of the house. After all, I'll be staying there for a long long time. hehehhe

hi GMC

do agree with your view in a way,....but think of it,.....the area is so much bigger for EM,...and EC or pte condo, all small area nia.......and if wanna buy big area units, it will cost alot lor. how to afford?

it's very individual lor.

eg. my bro stayed in a pte condo,.....and he sold off that apartment after just stayed there for 1year,.....cos, area is too small for him and also, he hardly make use of the facilities, and yet hv to pay so much for the maintenance......hahahhahaa :D

he always ask us go over to help him use since he no time to use.

and also, those neighbours or residents in pte condos / EC......very yaya-papaya.....and they are really think so high abt themselves.....that's why my bro just dun like the environment!

he thus, sell it at a good price and earned the profit,....and now he has shifted to HG, HDB 5room flat......and much happier......cos neighbours all very friendly and helpful.

Totally agree!!!! Hehehehehe.... Moreover, it's a dream to stay in EM. hehe :thumbs up:

Agreed... sometimes it's choice. And moreover, EC now veli x and rooms veli tiny. I need mre space cuz PIL will have to stay wif mi :(

Just keep looking loh I guess.. Ignore those who ask for crazy prices and search for sincere sellers. Hehehe... There's bound to be some out there. :P

Val amt.. dun reali mind if it's increasing to reflect the true valuation of the house. After all, I'll be staying there for a long long time. hehehhe

Totally agree!!!! Hehehehehe.... Moreover, it's a dream to stay in EM. hehe :thumbs up:

I remember those days when I ride pass EM, I always do a fast peek thru on my riding journey. It will be good to stay in such a unit> Here why:

• When I have a party at home, I can keep my rooms in private as all of them stay on the ground level.

• It feel like being "rich" just like staying in a terrace with nice and friendlier neighbour

• Have Xtra toilet (3rd one)

• Less expensive than a private terrence

• Have gov to take care of the surrounding

• 'Hide' in my room and not get disturb while my kids are on the ground floor

• etc lot more...

Cool!.. welcome to the EM... No regrets

I remember those days when I ride pass EM, I always do a fast peek thru on my riding journey. It will be good to stay in such a unit> Here why:

• When I have a party at home, I can keep my rooms in private as all of them stay on the ground level.

• It feel like being "rich" just like staying in a terrace with nice and friendlier neighbour

• Have Xtra toilet (3rd one)

• Less expensive than a private terrence

• Have gov to take care of the surrounding

• 'Hide' in my room and not get disturb while my kids are on the ground floor

• etc lot more...

Cool!.. welcome to the EM... No regrets

Hi Yuntlh,

Hehehe... yupz yupz! Love EMs for exactly the reasons u stated above. Hee... but save ur welcome for awhile more k? hehehe... I'm currently gate-crashing this thread.. cuz still looking for one. Just hope that I'll get the one I'm eyeing on! hehehe...

BINGO!!!!

that's also what we love abt EM!

especially my hb is the only son, and we expecting my in-laws will be staying with us,...and my MIL plays mahjong,....so, i can stay in the room with my kids, and my boys can sleep without being disturbed by the noise.

Not say forgetful but for people like young couple..more like no choice.

I got hit by the hike last april when i started to look for house. Asking price then was madness...all thinkin every buyer is a millionaire.

Waited for so long before findin my dream home at an ideal price.

Yes,im 1 of them who is gg purchase EM at >400k.. :(

if price drop wen i gg sell...i dun tink i b selling off..stay there till finish paying..:(

It is all about choices and timing, but all these are within our control.

I've fulfilled my dream within 1yr. :) quite fun to owned a 1700sqft flat in my life.

BINGO!!!!

that's also what we love abt EM!

especially my hb is the only son, and we expecting my in-laws will be staying with us,...and my MIL plays mahjong,....so, i can stay in the room with my kids, and my boys can sleep without being disturbed by the noise.

An ang moh was puzzled why are the aging locals like to impose on their kids, especially putting up under the same roof... I have no answer for him..

I've fulfilled my dream within 1yr. :) quite fun to owned a 1700sqft flat in my life.

An ang moh was puzzled why are the aging locals like to impose on their kids, especially putting up under the same roof... I have no answer for him..

Hee... shiok leh u.. hehe... nw wondering wen will b my turn... :(

As for that... I have no answer as well.... And some (my ILs included) still tink that the kids should be responsible for the 2nd half of their lifes. Dun plan for their retirement.. Dun even save or aniting... Bank a/c - ZERO..... :furious: I told my HB... we are NEVER EVER going to be like that.

that's what happened to me the other time till I dun trust the agent. She said had to wait for letter but I got the dates instantly when I checked online. I was also the one who inform the agent on the 2nd appt date as that time very kiasu, almost every other day checked online for the system to be updated. If I didnt remember wrongly, the HDB letter informing us on the 2nd appt date came exactly a week after I got the dates online. Really cant expect alot from snail mails these days.

let your wife comfortably settle the confinement first .....since not exactly in a hurry to move in and rush thru reno right?

Hee... shiok leh u.. hehe... nw wondering wen will b my turn... :(

As for that... I have no answer as well.... And some (my ILs included) still tink that the kids should be responsible for the 2nd half of their lifes. Dun plan for their retirement.. Dun even save or aniting... Bank a/c - ZERO..... :furious: I told my HB... we are NEVER EVER going to be like that.

ya lor,.....sigh :(

as a matter of fact,.....by not staying with parents or in-laws does not means we are not fillial mah,....however, the old folks will take it that we are abandoing them or not willing to take care of them.......which is not true mah!

infact, i really envy my bro,....cos my parents are those whom dun wanna stay with any of us.....and they hv their own savings and would prefer to stay by themselves..,....so, my da-sao also very lucky lor,....cos she will hv to face the fate of staying with in-laws....keke :)

i m ok with staying with my in-laws,....but, sometimes would still prefer to stay on our own and hv our own time lor. ;)