Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Juz now called agent, after 1 month i place deposit to buy my unit.

Seems like owner got trouble finding a suitable unit. :(

Agent say will register for 1st appointment by this week,wont be doing a contra so will be faster (isit true?).

Now he say owner might need to rent the house from me for 2-3 months. Wonder how much should i charge him...hmmmm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I went for my 1st appointment last Tuesday but will only be collecting my keys on 1st Sep, as the seller requsts for more time to shift out. They are changing from EM to a 3room, so lots of things to clear. I'm planning to shift in only by Dec 08, so I guess 1st Sep still ok for me to do minor renov, cleaning and delivery of furniture / applicance. :)

So, which ID/contractor have you confirmed with?

yup, most prob had decided on my ID. its Weiken.. they have a shop at IMM and TRadehub. Actually, they are contractors. Furthermore, more like fren fren already. they renovated my mum's , my sis's and my present houses.. so can squeeze a lot more from him.

sell and buy? managed to get a high profit for yr selling?

if its going to be an overhaul or near overhaul then reno would take abt 2 months (considered quite fast). I think u should be able to make it for Hari Raya.

have u selected your id/contractor? Looks like you're going to be another EM owner who would end up with big big hole in your pockets. sob...sob.

huh, EM to 3 room? I really cant imagine if I have to move all my stuff to a 3-room flat....hahaha. Wow, u still got half a year to do all the planning. Good for u! Shop around and take advantage of the sales nearer to year end.

hey, any idea when the anchorvale complex wld be officially opened?

wow, ur blog very creative leh. I must learn from u how to place the photos in the way u did it. Ur EM very nicely done up...no wonder u spend so much. Really like the ang ang bricks. Saw ur big big wedding photo on the wall at the staircase landing. Great idea and everyday can tian tian mi mi when u climb up and down the stairs...

realised that there's a gate at the staircase entrance. That's for your child? I havent installed one yet. Might be getting a family friend to custom it as it'll be more solid. But still considering......

think its ok2 la.. but with the reno quotes, not much left though. u do the maths.. bought present house at 208k, sold at valuation 375k and 14k cov. bought em at woodlands at 378k valuation and 16k cov. but burning big hole in pocket for reno..

need help.. any good and reliable movers to recommend? if we have our own boxes, do they still charge us??

one small issue too.. bought a surf board from my recent trip to melbourne.. any recommendations on where n how to hang it? my wife suggested the staircase landing...

thanks in advance

Edited by Sofian94

need help.. any good and reliable movers to recommend? if we have our own boxes, do they still charge us??

one small issue too.. bought a surf board from my recent trip to melbourne.. any recommendations on where n how to hang it? my wife suggested the staircase landing...

thanks in advance

i got The Helping Hand from Upper Serangoon to help me move my stuff. They are mostly former drug addicts and seeking a 2nd chance from society. They're really very friendly and helpful. U can also buy teak furnitures from them. Anyway, u can try to get a quote from them or other movers and do a comparsion. They dun charge u if u have your own boxes. I bought my boxes from another mover as had to spend quite sometime to pack my stuff. I think most movers charge by per trip and also depends on whether the flats (move out/moving in) have any lift access. Previously, I bought a daybed from Wihardja and the daybed couldnt get into the stupid lift :curse: though it was only 1.5m. In the end, I had to pay an extra $30 as they charged $5 per level. sob sob :~:~

as for the surf board. Staircase landing is a great idea. Are u extending your living room to the balcony? If your balcony is still intact then u can hang it up on the wall too and maybe do some artistic drawings beside it.

hi all EM kakis ;)

wow,...so happy to see all kakis chatting here and we share share info ;)

yalor, plus I see many of us got young kids who would never fail to drive us up the walls....isnt it great that EM got high high ceiling.....hahahaha.....

Edited by hello88

Juz now called agent, after 1 month i place deposit to buy my unit.

Seems like owner got trouble finding a suitable unit. :(

Agent say will register for 1st appointment by this week,wont be doing a contra so will be faster (isit true?).

Now he say owner might need to rent the house from me for 2-3 months. Wonder how much should i charge him...hmmmm

Your agent is right about it if there is no contra involved, it will be a lot faster. For my case doing bridging so have to wait for both seller and buyer to submit application together. I sold my March 2008 but till today only completed 1st appt.

For rental, usually market rate, unless u want to give them discount.

market rate is >$2k a mth.

>$2k?how much exactly..think the seller agent trying to mark down price.He told me market rate for EM is $1.8 or lesser for unit fully furnished.So if he using his own furniture,should be lower.

Feel like telling him,out of goodwill i renting out to you..i can rent out much higher..also not as if he selling me below valuation siah..i still need 2 pay $30k.

But..out of respect i didnt la..hehe..coz agent & seller is old malay uncles. Dont wanna strain the relationship..maybe wen bridge comes then we cross it..hehe.

>$2k?how much exactly..think the seller agent trying to mark down price.He told me market rate for EM is $1.8 or lesser for unit fully furnished.So if he using his own furniture,should be lower.

Feel like telling him,out of goodwill i renting out to you..i can rent out much higher..also not as if he selling me below valuation siah..i still need 2 pay $30k.

But..out of respect i didnt la..hehe..coz agent & seller is old malay uncles. Dont wanna strain the relationship..maybe wen bridge comes then we cross it..hehe.

30k cov - whats $2k a mth?

I said minimum $2k a mth - now got $2.4, $2.6k. tell your agent there 's such a thing call internet.

my neighbour rent their whole unit for $2.2 or $2.4k and mind you, we are not near any bus stop or mrt or any market.

my suggestion is - such things cannot chinchai - take 1 mth rental deposit + 1 mth rent.

go according to market practice. If you think this is very troublesome or too nasty - go search for those HORROR STORIES regarding extension of stay.

Ask your agent go fly kite, my buyer already said want to rent 2.2k (5I) if i cannot move on time.

Thanks for ur advice..the agent is not mine..its the seller agent.

In fact i did not wish to pay agent fee too but he managed 2 psycho owner sell at my budget & willing to accept 0.5%..so i say ok.

Hmm ok,think i insist on at least $2k when the time comes.

hey 666,

u must be firm and tell that agent the price you are looking at.

cos u also need to make your own domestic arrangement if they delay move out, right?

then tell him,.....u also hv problems with your own accommodation arrangement. Dun be so chin chai, or else they will just take advantage lor.

hey 666,

u must be firm and tell that agent the price you are looking at.

cos u also need to make your own domestic arrangement if they delay move out, right?

then tell him,.....u also hv problems with your own accommodation arrangement. Dun be so chin chai, or else they will just take advantage lor.

Be firm and don't spoli the EM market ho.

Just for your info.

I have just spoken to my bro (he's a property agent).

He said, EM rental for fully furnished unit cost ard 2.2k-2.5k (also hv to depend on the location and amenities in the surrounding).

So, u hv to decide for your unit,.....if it's very convenient and near MRT stn, then maybe you can ask for 2.6k!

Hope it helps u ;)

cheers

Haha..i wont spoil EM market la...

like i say earlier..I was thinkin at least 2k....since for a short period of time. Now im more worried about when can handover,faster handover,faster can charge charging...hehe.

say after they hand over to me, i realise there are things in the house damage.....who have to pay?

Haha..i wont spoil EM market la...

like i say earlier..I was thinkin at least 2k....since for a short period of time. Now im more worried about when can handover,faster handover,faster can charge charging...hehe.

say after they hand over to me, i realise there are things in the house damage.....who have to pay?

one more thing - MAKE SURE you make them sign the RENTAL AGREEMENT. this is important!!!!

if you dont believe - search this forum, lots of horror stories bcos buyer being nice and chinchai - end up seller take their own sweet time to move...