Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

actually, i felt...if your cousin is really ready to commit to that unit....maybe he can try to reach to an agreeable price with that owner.

And once that owner is back in SIN on Aug, then immeidately sign and exercise OTP lor.

meanwhile, your cousin dun hv to shop ard for a unit and can start looking forward to that owner back to SIN lor. ;)

both the seller and agent are not flexible...so now they have pay up the full $5000 deposit...but anything can happen during this one month cos only verbal agreement...as long as they dun bank in the deposit, they still can sell to another buyer...

why my cousin can't wait is because he has just sold off his 3 room flat....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
totally agree...my cousin is also looking for a EM in the west...it is so difficult to find the right unit?

Very Difficult!!!! There are so many sellers who wish to try their luck, asking for 50k and above. I even came across a seller who wans 92k for a Jurong East EM (n it's not at Toh Guan loh).

Also, it seems that EM sellers in the west are getting lesser and lesser. So now there are lesser for buyers to see and consider.

Reali hope that the sellers will stop asking such crazy amounts, so that interested buyers (like mi :P ) can find their home...

:(

Very Difficult!!!! There are so many sellers who wish to try their luck, asking for 50k and above. I even came across a seller who wans 92k for a Jurong East EM (n it's not at Toh Guan loh).

Also, it seems that EM sellers in the west are getting lesser and lesser. So now there are lesser for buyers to see and consider.

Reali hope that the sellers will stop asking such crazy amounts, so that interested buyers (like mi :P ) can find their home...

:(

Thought you have gotten your EM, no?

Just check on web, one unit at blk 469 still on the market?

Edited by chronograph

Thought you have gotten your EM, no?

Just check on web, one unit at blk 469 still on the market?

Harlow! Nope... :( Haven gotten my EM yet.. still looking..

There were 2 units at 469. One taken off the mkt recently, cuz owner cant get loan for his new place. The one still on mkt nw.. owner asking very high cov. And the agent.. 8| That time told us if we dun have at least 50k dun go and waste their time!!! Aniway, we dun intend to pay so much for cov, so took tat unit off our list loh.

Now waiting for a JE unit to do their val loh. Wanted to sign otp (val + cov), bt owner dun wan. prefer to c hw much is the val then discuss on cov. But the cov he's looking at is very reasonable. So we nw waiting loh. Hopefully can get this unit, cuz it's within a stone's throw to my aunt's place, who will b taking care of my future BBs.. hehe..

both the seller and agent are not flexible...so now they have pay up the full $5000 deposit...but anything can happen during this one month cos only verbal agreement...as long as they dun bank in the deposit, they still can sell to another buyer...

why my cousin can't wait is because he has just sold off his 3 room flat....

336 mid flr also has another unit that's selling.. did ur cousin go take a look there? Tink 340 also got a unit on sale. :)

Edited by Angel81

Actually, can postage him the OTP, ask him to sign and mail back mah

agent claimed that seller cannot read english cos he is a hk.....aiyah...they are so rigid on their side...my cousin also gets pissed by them....

There were 2 units at 469. One taken off the mkt recently, cuz owner cant get loan for his new place. The one still on mkt nw.. owner asking very high cov. And the agent.. 8| That time told us if we dun have at least 50k dun go and waste their time!!! Aniway, we dun intend to pay so much for cov, so took tat unit off our list loh.

Now waiting for a JE unit to do their val loh. Wanted to sign otp (val + cov), bt owner dun wan. prefer to c hw much is the val then discuss on cov. But the cov he's looking at is very reasonable. So we nw waiting loh. Hopefully can get this unit, cuz it's within a stone's throw to my aunt's place, who will b taking care of my future BBs.. hehe..

336 mid flr also has another unit that's selling.. did ur cousin go take a look there? Tink 340 also got a unit on sale. :)

oh really? did hear him mentioning...will check with him....he went to view one in bt batok near to guilin...odd shaped layout and he didnt like....

Last week, after calling agent a few times. He say will register for me by last week.

Today sms him again to chase,he sms back say have registered with HDB..asked me wait for HDB letter for 1st appointment..

Hmmm..i thot the date will be known immediateli?

agent claimed that seller cannot read english cos he is a hk.....aiyah...they are so rigid on their side...my cousin also gets pissed by them....

agent trying to play games. If not sincere, dont deal. Dont waste time with

insincere people

Anyway, can fly agent n buyers to HK for day trip. Meet at Airport.

No need to stay at hotels. $500 each by Jetstar Asia. $1500 total.

Last week, after calling agent a few times. He say will register for me by last week.

Today sms him again to chase,he sms back say have registered with HDB..asked me wait for HDB letter for 1st appointment..

Hmmm..i thot the date will be known immediateli?

how come your agent like that? Is he/she the seller's agent? Dont depend on him/her, go to HDB website and login using your SINGPASS to check your scheduled 1st appointment date.

how come your agent like that? Is he/she the seller's agent? Dont depend on him/her, go to HDB website and login using your SINGPASS to check your scheduled 1st appointment date.

Dats the problem lor, thot we be known of the appointment date immediately when we register. Haiz,tink i call HDB better.

This agent not mine..its the seller's 1. I knoe they are dragging the case coz the seller havnt find a unit.

Sad to read so many problems with agent.

I'm blessed with a sincere and honest agent.

BTW, if both seller and buyer couldn't agreed with a registration date, i think max is 45 days from day of signing OTP.

Your seller probably bought their EM at high time and need that much COV to break even. And with HDB rules, it is not surprising that HDB don't grant loan especially if they r not young.

My EM also seller sold at a loss to me, not many seller willing to do that.

The JE unit probably will val at around 385k to 400k.

Edited by chronograph

agent trying to play games. If not sincere, dont deal. Dont waste time with

insincere people

Anyway, can fly agent n buyers to HK for day trip. Meet at Airport.

No need to stay at hotels. $500 each by Jetstar Asia. $1500 total.

another issue is my cousin's wife will be due to give birth anytime...... :jawdrop:

dats why he is so stressed up with so many issues to handle at one time.....dats why my hubby and i are the consultants to him...

ya i agree with chrono.

cos i know that all these EM, when they 1st purchased the unit, the buying price is pretty high and they hv to sell high to break even.

my unit also,..that seller losses at that selling price to me.

think, majority breaking even selling price shld be ard 450k, or even more.

now i calculated mine,.....if i next sell, i will also need to sell at that price to break-even (with reno, interest all in).

Dats the problem lor, thot we be known of the appointment date immediately when we register. Haiz,tink i call HDB better.

This agent not mine..its the seller's 1. I knoe they are dragging the case coz the seller havnt find a unit.

i was also in the same situation back then. We needed to get a place badly and it was the only unit that both of u like. We were 'forced' to agree on the seller's and agent's terms...eg. 90days written on the OTP (giving them the option to submit for 1st appt latest by 90days), agreeing to the selling price yet no valuation done yet, allowing seller to stay for another 1-2 months after 2nd appt WITHOUT rent! Luckily, the application for resale was submitted within a month as seller already found a unit. We tried to ask for payment of rent if seller had to stay on after 2nd appt but seller and her agent refused. In the end, we gave in and told them max. 1 month. If seller had to stay for another month then pay us rent. Luckily again, seller's FSM told her that she had to move into new flat before Lunar 6 month so she moved out a few days after 2nd appt. But we had to start our reno before Lunar 7 month and move in after Lunar 7 month as we had to vacate our flat for our buyers. That's y, didnt have time to source for good Id/contractor.....and also didnt know the market rate for reno stuff. Now all of u so fortunate, can get some good advices in renotalk and other reno forums.

yup, many EM sellers are selling at a loss if they're not the 1st owners. That's y I waited 6 years for this EM. During that time, the cheapest was around 450k, some 2nd floor even selling at above 500k but of course during that time, the age of the flat was younger. Finally, I got my mid-floor EM at more than 100k cheaper after waiting for so many years. Hope next time can make $ from this EM if I'm selling but I find that age of the flat affects quite a fair bit in the final pricing for the valuation.

Edited by hello88

Your seller probably bought their EM at high time and need that much COV to break even. And with HDB rules, it is not surprising that HDB don't grant loan especially if they r not young.

My EM also seller sold at a loss to me, not many seller willing to do that.

The JE unit probably will val at around 385k to 400k.

Ya.. agreed. There were afew agents who told us that the owners bot at high price, which was why they needed to ask for more cov to cover their losses. Althou I do understand how they feel, but if they keep asking for too much and nobody buys, then they'll incur more losses.

Just feel that only sincere sellers should go into the mkt, and not test test mkt.. Went to view a house in April, and owner said that will only let go in Nov. Now just wana see how's the mkt. :furious:

Hee... hope that the val will be out soon! Tml the hse will be valued, so gota wait until earli next week. *cross fingers!*

another issue is my cousin's wife will be due to give birth anytime...... :jawdrop:

dats why he is so stressed up with so many issues to handle at one time.....dats why my hubby and i are the consultants to him...

Aiyo... Can imagine how stress ur cousin must be. Have he tot of those EMs along the expressway? Althou location not as good, but there are afew who have been in the mkt for quite awhile, so I believe they will wana deal asap oso. :)

Ya..my unit current owner bought the flat at 500+k..dats y wen he initially advertised he wanted 90k..agent told me 90k asking is juz to break even niah..