Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

this thing just POP into my mind - those LOFT "EM" in punggol.

ceiling height will be 2x 2m = at least 4metres in living room.

1) how to change light bulb? hahaha? :lol:

2) cost of painting ? :lol: - scaffolding is definitely needed.

3) what if some idiotic owner decides to do simi L-box.... :lol:

I know there is such a thing as a 3-4m ladder( fireman ladder) but - where and how you gonna to keep this ladder?

hahahaha.....ya lor.......so many hiccups in the new Loft design.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks for all the advice. We are actually not in a hurry to move as we are currently staying with my parents. We were aiming for this area for quite a while but seems like not many units on sale. However, the 40k COV is quite a headache as we just started working 2 yrs ago and dun have much savings. the valuation is 415K

since u're staying with parents and not in urgency to move then shop around. Look see look see and 'admire' all sorts of sellers. Hahaha.....some really hang their mari-kita everywhere. If u're targetting EM (or at least 5 room flat) then best time to grab a unit would be when property market has gone down. That's the best time for upgraders as not many people want to buy big flats during that time. I bought mine when the property market went down but of course I also sold my 4-room flat at low price.

so far all valuation so low...didnt knoe hougang EM 300+ can get liao..

Think my valuation is 1 of the highest here...cov paid is avg..

read somewhere in this thread..someone paid $70k cov..so rich.. :jawdrop:

i think 80k :jawdrop:

yeap, some paid quite alot COV! rich rich!

not only that but also spent alot on reno.....no wonder govt always think Exec flat owners are a rich lot that's y whatever subsidies also exclude exec flat and more or less treat us like private property owners

this thing just POP into my mind - those LOFT "EM" in punggol.

ceiling height will be 2x 2m = at least 4metres in living room.

1) how to change light bulb? hahaha? :lol:

2) cost of painting ? :lol: - scaffolding is definitely needed.

3) what if some idiotic owner decides to do simi L-box.... :lol:

I know there is such a thing as a 3-4m ladder( fireman ladder) but - where and how you gonna to keep this ladder?

ceiling high high then they get super big big chandelier.

No need to clear up the place la....every year engage cleaning company to do spring cleaning for them that's y now cleaning company making $$$$. Hahaha, maybe they get ID to incorporate the 3-4m ladder into the designer so anytime wanna use it just get it out.

since u're staying with parents and not in urgency to move then shop around. Look see look see and 'admire' all sorts of sellers. Hahaha.....some really hang their mari-kita everywhere. If u're targetting EM (or at least 5 room flat) then best time to grab a unit would be when property market has gone down. That's the best time for upgraders as not many people want to buy big flats during that time. I bought mine when the property market went down but of course I also sold my 4-room flat at low price.

i think 80k :jawdrop:

So next yr will be a better time? But i saw valuation of flats gg higher and higher in the past yr...issit likely this will drop in the coming yr? :dunno:

So next yr will be a better time? But i saw valuation of flats gg higher and higher in the past yr...issit likely this will drop in the coming yr? :dunno:

actually nobody really know when its gonna drop. That's y those who has already a roof over their head and not in the urgency to get a flat can wait till the timing is right. I waited 6 years for EM prices to drop....heeeeee.

From what i know, there ain't many EM on the market for sales. So you have to ask yourself whether it is the one?

If u miss this, when will be the next chance? Next year? or 6 years later like hello88(salute u man)?

For me, if i'm buying not for investment but as a home, i will go for it if it is really the one.

From what i know, there ain't many EM on the market for sales. So you have to ask yourself whether it is the one?

If u miss this, when will be the next chance? Next year? or 6 years later like hello88(salute u man)?

For me, if i'm buying not for investment but as a home, i will go for it if it is really the one.

hahaha... I bought a 4-room resale after doing my sums as CPF not loaded that time and the EMs were asking for more than half a million (min). Where to find the money for COV and renovation so lowered our targetted flat to a mere 4-room. We nearly signed the OTP for a EM back in 1998...luckily we didnt cos recent resale transactions in that block still yet to meet the price that we would have paid for if we had indeed bought that unit. Its really amazing that the asking price back then could be so high when the MRT and mall werent even build yet. Now with the MRT and mall, asking price still yet to 'match' what the intended seller wanted from us back then (that's 10 yrs ago)

Edited by hello88

hello88,

really salute you leh. waited 6yrs for your EM.

infact, i was tellin gmy hb,...tat if we were really to sell off this EM,.....i also hope to get another EM in the future,....cos really like the big area. :)

hahaha... I bought a 4-room resale after doing my sums as CPF not loaded that time and the EMs were asking for more than half a million (min). Where to find the money for COV and renovation so lowered our targetted flat to a mere 4-room. We nearly signed the OTP for a EM back in 1998...luckily we didnt cos recent resale transactions in that block still yet to meet the price that we would have paid for if we had indeed bought that unit. Its really amazing that the asking price back then could be so high when the MRT and mall werent even build yet. Now with the MRT and mall, asking price still yet to 'match' what the intended seller wanted from us back then (that's 10 yrs ago)

Guess we belong to the same era. I was also looking for a EM in 1998 but u told the story already. In the end submitted my application for a new 5I in JW. Waited for 1.5 years before they called me up for selection. At that time it was like no body wants JW, so queuing was not a issue, got to select my first choice.

Like i said have to salute u cos i was hunting for my EM since dec 07, it was like so disappointing and frustrating cos the cov was really high, got turned down by so many selllers till i questioned myself was my cov low? And there were like a few families viewing the unit at the same time (agent plot again) which turned up the heat. Well, cov < 50k is what i intended to pay, anything more i will walk.

I'm lucky to have bought my current Em as i was the 2nd viewer and offered immediately so not much competition. Otherwise i would be walking around again.

Edited by chronograph

ya, from what my bro told me (he's a property agent).

he says,.....EM price will sure be able to fetch high,...due to rarity of this.

moreover, with the new 5room Loft now just introduced, it is infact advantage to us (EM owners).

cos the selling price is so high from HDB, and it will sure be asking a minimum of 600k-700k when it's time to sell.

and in terms of the layout, those EM are a better choice cos all bedrooms are on 2nd floor...etc etc

hey guys, can i check with u what is the reasonable price for a 20 yrs old EM at Toa Payoh ? mid floor, 146sqm

on the bradell road - side.?