Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi,

I am new to this forum, though I have been spending some time going thru this EM thread.

My wife and I are looking at a EM unit near Khatib MRT.

Is 40K COV reasonable for a 4th storey unit, 146sqm and 3 min away from MRT.

Renovation is reasonably new. Pls advise, Thanks :yamseng:

with 40k cov i will choose higher flooring.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I am new to this forum, though I have been spending some time going thru this EM thread.

reasonable or not reasonable.....u'll have to check the recent resale transactions in that area. If u're ok with the COV, reno and the favourable walking distance to the MRT then its definitely reasonable for u. If u can find a higher floor unit, cost lesser, reno also ok then this 4th floor unit would not be reasonable. Sorry i making myself so blur.

reasonable or not reasonable.....u'll have to check the recent resale transactions in that area. If u're ok with the COV, reno and the favourable walking distance to the MRT then its definitely reasonable for u. If u can find a higher floor unit, cost lesser, reno also ok then this 4th floor unit would not be reasonable. Sorry i making myself so blur.

the HDB webby only reflects transacted price w/o COV rite? I was actually hoping for fellow forumners staying in Yishun EMs to give some feedback :D

the HDB webby only reflects transacted price w/o COV rite? I was actually hoping for fellow forumners staying in Yishun EMs to give some feedback :D

HDB webby reflects sales price with COV. Besides, it does not differentiate EM and EA, all classified under EXECUTIVE. U can tell by looking at the block number and st number.

Hi,

hi

what is the valuation of this unit?

3mins walk to MRT is very convenient.

if u r asking reasonable or not,....then very difficult to tell u cos it also depends on how much you and your wife like this unit. It's the feeling you get from this unit when u view..... ;)

blur or not ah? i think it's quite blur......hahahha :D

40K is a lot of money, the cash component is probably paid for the positive amenities in the area. Are there enough positives to be worthy - only you can decide. You mentioned renovation is relatively new, but are you intending to keep them or they would not make any good anyway if you hack and re-do.

3 minutes to MRT is great. Hmm.. for the level of stay you got to honestly ask yourself if it's ok with you. As mentioned by hello88, to look at HDB past ACTUAL transactions (whose figures shown includes the COV) as a reference point for starters.

Hi,

Edited by Starscream

Hi,

Hmmm in my opinion, if you like the decor and since the reno is pretty new, 40K is quite decent. However, do shop around for more units. You may get units with lesser COV and you can do up the place to your taste.

I know that area quite well. Those 800+ series EMs are very near khatib mrt. Sheltered walkway to the station :) Almost wanted to get one over there since it is so near the reservoir haha

Thanks for all the advice. We are actually not in a hurry to move as we are currently staying with my parents. We were aiming for this area for quite a while but seems like not many units on sale. However, the 40k COV is quite a headache as we just started working 2 yrs ago and dun have much savings. the valuation is 415K

Thanks for all the advice. We are actually not in a hurry to move as we are currently staying with my parents. We were aiming for this area for quite a while but seems like not many units on sale. However, the 40k COV is quite a headache as we just started working 2 yrs ago and dun have much savings. the valuation is 415K

hi pacman,

so, if you take this unit means the purchase price is $455k.

how old is this flat?

u need to factor in that also lor.

my personal view:

since you mentioned that you are not in hurry to move, thus I would suggest you shop ard for more units cos now the COV is coming down and i'm sure you will be able to get a unit with much lower COV.

you will then have to weigh the pros & cons yourself.

hi pacman,

so, if you take this unit means the purchase price is $455k.

how old is this flat?

u need to factor in that also lor.

my personal view:

since you mentioned that you are not in hurry to move, thus I would suggest you shop ard for more units cos now the COV is coming down and i'm sure you will be able to get a unit with much lower COV.

you will then have to weigh the pros & cons yourself.

yalor - now private property going down, hdb will follow(usually slower to react).

yalor - now private property going down, hdb will follow(usually slower to react).

usually HDB will take abt 6mths-1yr time to react after the private property.

so, i think if can hold for naother 1yr, things will be better ;) (for buyers)

but for sellers, hv to be realistics on the asking price then. ;)

Edited by Jessie

so far all valuation so low...didnt knoe hougang EM 300+ can get liao..

Think my valuation is 1 of the highest here...cov paid is avg..

read somewhere in this thread..someone paid $70k cov..so rich.. :jawdrop:

so far all valuation so low...didnt knoe hougang EM 300+ can get liao..

Think my valuation is 1 of the highest here...cov paid is avg..

read somewhere in this thread..someone paid $70k cov..so rich.. :jawdrop:

ya, infact,...when i was shopping ard and all valuation was quite high,......all above 400k!

so, the moment i saw this current unit with the right price......i immiediately offer and signed OTP....hahaha :D

guess now if i get the valuation, it will have appreciated much more liao.

yeap, some paid quite alot COV! rich rich!

this thing just POP into my mind - those LOFT "EM" in punggol.

ceiling height will be 2x 2m = at least 4metres in living room.

1) how to change light bulb? hahaha? :lol:

2) cost of painting ? :lol: - scaffolding is definitely needed.

3) what if some idiotic owner decides to do simi L-box.... :lol:

I know there is such a thing as a 3-4m ladder( fireman ladder) but - where and how you gonna to keep this ladder?

Edited by MaCe