Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I always feel that those born in the late 50s and during the 60s have a much better and easier life. Those born in the 70s considered the most unfortunate and I happen to be one of them :~ .

same here.

i m early 70s,.......sigh :(

i dun mind your this railings,....cos mine really ugly!

it's in GREEN colour (cos previous owner is malay,...so all reno in *malay* theme)

now i am thinking of how to make the railings looks nice....and yet dun hv to spend much ... hehe :)

paint or spray over with a colour that u like.

paint or spray over with a colour that u like.

ya, but the design also very ugly,.....cos it's those typical malay design.....flowers and leaves type,.....and alot of details curvy curvy here and there!

faint!

ya, but the design also very ugly,.....cos it's those typical malay design.....flowers and leaves type,.....and alot of details curvy curvy here and there!

faint!

should be ok if u go for a neutral colour like silver....shouldnt be that bad la and also its most cost saving method. Post pix once its available. U'll have to spend a few k if u wanna replace the whole railings as the cost would be incurred for pulling out the existing railings, replacing new railings and not forgetting pulling it out would also damage the flooring.

ok, tks.

that amt $580,....is for all window grilles? whole hse? include the bedrooms?

sori for so many qns.

no...only balcony, dining area grilles and gate.........

maybe you can post a picture of the staircase wrought iron and we can advise you??

hi hello & virgo,

yes, i will post the pix and wait for all advise and ideas.

tks tks

This is my balcony wrought iron grilles also got flowers and leave. Not too bad la hor.

church.jpg

look at this gate. The pattern also look very Ah Nei right (oops no offence) but actually its also quite nice when u get used to it. Its 'Nine Kan'

gate.jpg

hello,

if my railings, grilles and gate are your design,...i also find it ok.

but the kind of design for mine is tose really curvy and malay deisgn despite the main theme is flowers....hahahaha :D

very difficult to explain...i will post the pix here for more advise...keke ;)

hello,

if my railings, grilles and gate are your design,...i also find it ok.

but the kind of design for mine is tose really curvy and malay deisgn despite the main theme is flowers....hahahaha :D

very difficult to explain...i will post the pix here for more advise...keke ;)

Hi! I personally feel that if you don't really like the design of the gates/grilles, you need to replace them.

I'm replacing mine cause previous owner also choose those flowery design. :P

Even tight on budget also change!!!! :curse:

manage to squeeze some cash out by cutting budget on other area. **heart pain pain**

I can't imagine every day I return home from work and the 1st thing that greets me is this green and ugly door gate/grilles. walan.... will faint..

Also I find it pointless if your house design or reno till swee swee but spoil by the gate/grilles looks. Well, again, it will depend what theme your house is having. Such flowery designs may blend into certain themes but abit hard to swallow for modern/minimalist theme.

If really no money, probably can coat the gate/grilles in silver. Somehow it will look nicer...... :thumbs up:

hi all,

see this link...it's a nice EM at Jurong!

i like the stairs railings, but not practical for me cos i hv 2 rascals at home.

http://www.theinteriorplace.com.sg/gallery...=hdb&name=6

Hi! I personally feel that if you don't really like the design of the gates/grilles, you need to replace them.

I'm replacing mine cause previous owner also choose those flowery design. :P

Even tight on budget also change!!!! :curse:

manage to squeeze some cash out by cutting budget on other area. **heart pain pain**

I can't imagine every day I return home from work and the 1st thing that greets me is this green and ugly door gate/grilles. walan.... will faint..

Also I find it pointless if your house design or reno till swee swee but spoil by the gate/grilles looks. Well, again, it will depend what theme your house is having. Such flowery designs may blend into certain themes but abit hard to swallow for modern/minimalist theme.

If really no money, probably can coat the gate/grilles in silver. Somehow it will look nicer...... :thumbs up:

hi hi fortunecookie,

ya lor,....i also thought so.

i worry if i dun change it, then everyday i go home and see those ugly grilles / railings / gate,....i will not be happy also.

maybe heart pain-pain change it,....then save for the next few months lor...keke ;)

anyway, i also hv to wait for my hb to come back then can discuss with him......cos he overseas lor.

hi all,

see this link...it's a nice EM at Jurong!

i like the stairs railings, but not practical for me cos i hv 2 rascals at home.

http://www.theinteriorplace.com.sg/gallery...=hdb&name=6

hi hi fortunecookie,

ya lor,....i also thought so.

i worry if i dun change it, then everyday i go home and see those ugly grilles / railings / gate,....i will not be happy also.

maybe heart pain-pain change it,....then save for the next few months lor...keke ;)

anyway, i also hv to wait for my hb to come back then can discuss with him......cos he overseas lor.

Anyway my railings dismantled already. My ID thinking of building "bricked" wall as railing for my house.

Managed to ask her do for me FOC.. :notti:

Dunno will be nice or not though......

Anyway my railings dismantled already. My ID thinking of building "bricked" wall as railing for my house.

Brick wall as railing.....nice unique also, some more FOC... go for it man.

brick wall something unique but i feel like make the EM feel more cramp leh..

I always wanna remove railings on the EM(more open concept)..

but scared old people dun wanna climb up coz no support & children jumping down from 2nd floor..

wow....so good ar...FOC. Who is your ID? Looking forward to your bricked wall railings.