Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Ya..love the space in the recess area,still thinkin wat to do with it..but bad part no windows except at the rite side.recess area is so big i thinkin partitioning part of it to be a utility room & break open the original utility room. As people passing by the recess area can peep thru the window.

Ya..i tink toilet 2 can do a separate shower area,mbr toilet be bit tight but still possible.

when i went to see the actual house,i felt the mbr smaller than the other 2 common rooms..so funny.esp room 2..very big.

Can really make good use of the recess area.....make a small chill out corner...sit back relax after a hard day work.

1 window.. some how good..

cos.. you can put your bed anywhere!

Or it can be a double-children room.. so nice~~

u got any quotes already? Yours will be a major overhaul.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u got any quotes already? Yours will be a major overhaul.

Too busy with school le.. really no time to find quotations.. Do we 'walk-in' to the shops or call/email to ask.. cosi dun have the actual pics of the house.. den I am still looking around at the reno ideas...

In the mean time, I have a wonderful suggestion from my In-Laws...

Suggested that I rent out the Mais for a year or 2 cos we r not in a rush to shift in...

Collect rental.. den no nid take loans for the reno le...

Cos current savings.. no an amount todo a good over haul..

I m not sure of the rental laws.. only know i cant rent out the whole flat...

I was thinking.. its the best time to rent also.. cos.. no nid to worry the tenants damage any part of the house.. (except for the 2nd floor de parquet la)

Does any one have this idea b4? Pros and Cons?

Does any one know anything about the Rental Law thinggy ?

Mean time, I am looking at more reno ideas...

=D

U cannot rent out the whole unit,maybe a room or 2 provided you stay in the maisonette.or after 5 year stay.

I tink its okleh..i got a frd who stayed in the maisonette,he rent out 2 2 rooms above and even the utility room to a "pei du" mama & her son.

The utility room he rented out for $500..wah lau.tink he earned like $2k a mth & still can stay there.

Im thinking of doing wat he doing too..hehe.

If u want rent out the whole unit, lock one room. Good source of income.

IMO, i will never rent out room. If i want to rent, it is either the whole unit or no rent at all, imagine staying with tenants totally no privacy.

acherli..lock up 1 room oso illegal..but cases like tis,usu HDB close 1 eye & oso lockin 1 room,ur rental income will be lower too.

My frd juz use the house to sleep and keep an eye on the tenant.

Day till nite he wont be around...

If u want rent out the whole unit, lock one room. Good source of income.

IMO, i will never rent out room. If i want to rent, it is either the whole unit or no rent at all, imagine staying with tenants totally no privacy.

ya, I also agree with u. No privacy at all....I would feel weird with 'strangers' around that's y I also didnt get confinement lady when I gave birth cos the confinement lady gotta stay in for 1 month. One month I also cant tahan....heeeeee.................

Too busy with school le.. really no time to find quotations.. Do we 'walk-in' to the shops or call/email to ask.. cosi dun have the actual pics of the house.. den I am still looking around at the reno ideas...

In the mean time, I have a wonderful suggestion from my In-Laws...

Suggested that I rent out the Mais for a year or 2 cos we r not in a rush to shift in...

Collect rental.. den no nid take loans for the reno le...

Cos current savings.. no an amount todo a good over haul..

I m not sure of the rental laws.. only know i cant rent out the whole flat...

I was thinking.. its the best time to rent also.. cos.. no nid to worry the tenants damage any part of the house.. (except for the 2nd floor de parquet la)

Does any one have this idea b4? Pros and Cons?

Does any one know anything about the Rental Law thinggy ?

Mean time, I am looking at more reno ideas...

=D

Haha, that was exactly what i was going to do. I am planning to rent it out since I am not in a hurry to shift in if i were get a house now. Can save abit and do a good reno.

Anyways some updates: Viewing at BB 121, place is ok but the deco abit too old so if get must redo whole hse = spend $$ :( Value as of 29th Aug is 500k owner asking 40k

BB 628.. no chance to see, owner not free. But value at 514k.. sooo expensive all.. :(

Some more viewing this evening. update soon..

Hmm.. if 40k can negotiate and reduce, can consider getting that Blk 121 bah. Unless u looking for a hse that really dun need to do much reno, then gota continue, since u've said that the reno is rather old. :)

Good luck for today's viewing!

Oh ya, there are some EMs next to Gombak Stadium.. Looks rather new from outside. Have u considered those?

Edited by Angel81

Hmm.. if 40k can negotiate and reduce, can consider getting that Blk 121 bah. Unless u looking for a hse that really dun need to do much reno, then gota continue, since u've said that the reno is rather old. :)

Good luck for today's viewing!

Oh ya, there are some EMs next to Gombak Stadium.. Looks rather new from outside. Have u considered those?

I'm considering actually but i am working out my budget. It will be tight! Since this is only the first one i have seen so its too early to settle on it.

Yeah.. am arranging to view those too once my agent gets the details.

Haha, that was exactly what i was going to do. I am planning to rent it out since I am not in a hurry to shift in if i were get a house now. Can save abit and do a good reno.

Anyways some updates: Viewing at BB 121, place is ok but the deco abit too old so if get must redo whole hse = spend $$ :( Value as of 29th Aug is 500k owner asking 40k

BB 628.. no chance to see, owner not free. But value at 514k.. sooo expensive all.. :(

Some more viewing this evening. update soon..

Hi!

Actually if you r looking at low cash.. you can look at the 600+ area.. cos usually I saw that they look at rather low cash due to its high valuation..

121 is good too.. just across the road.. there is one at 526. you can take a look .. find it at st701..

Sorry guys.. been toooo busy to even reply.. I've got a new member to my family.. a Saussage Dog! A Daschund.. beeen too busy .. busy busy~

Sorry guys.. been toooo busy to even reply.. I've got a new member to my family.. a Saussage Dog! A Daschund.. beeen too busy .. busy busy~

Take pic show us the doggie!!!!!!!!! :dancingqueen:

Hi!

Actually if you r looking at low cash.. you can look at the 600+ area.. cos usually I saw that they look at rather low cash due to its high valuation..

121 is good too.. just across the road.. there is one at 526. you can take a look .. find it at st701..

Hihi, morning all... so excited. went to view some at BB 125 and 121

125 14th storey.. 498K low cash.. but have to overhaul completely!!!

125 6th storey 485k expired .. low cash.. minimum reno needed.

121 4th storey corner unit 500k i think, high cash.. i think major reno..

We are considering the 125 6th.. waiting for the HLE to come back and do our maths.. haha hopefully everything within our budget.

Nice, i like that dog! how old?

The guy revert on the quotation of the false ceiling.

Total will be $1200 includes:

Cove Lights on 1 side for Living, Lounge, all 3 bedrooms

False ceiling above stairs well, 3 toilets, kitchen, recess area, Dining room.

Also selected all my tiles from SBH. Took us 5 hours over 2 days to select, worst nightmare ever.

Inital planning was to parquet or laminate wood the stairs, price was 1800 and 1250 respectively,

after much consideration, we going to carpet the stairs. It is expected to cost around 600-700 for premium ranges. the savings is still quite substantial.

Hi GMC, care to share with me (pm me also can) your false ceiling guy tel? thanks

Hi GMC & all EM owners here in this thread,

This is Byron. Great to chanced upon this site and especially this thread for renovation and so many like minded people... kekeke.... all proud home owners. It will be great to learn and benefit from all your experiences and knowledges for EM renovations etc...

Just bought a EM, and now in the works of renovation. Will post details later.

To GMC,

Nice renovation!

I saw you have the following and would like to ask for your kind assistance to the supplier/ contractors contacts and how much they cost you:

1. Wrought Iron as you mentioned earlier for Gate & Stairs Rail

2. Glass Stairs Rail

3. Pull out Clothes Hanger

I been seraching for a while similar to what you have. care to share how much and if its useful.

Can you also pass me your contact? Thanks.

4. False Ceiling.

Thanks GMC in advance.

Hihi, morning all... so excited. went to view some at BB 125 and 121

125 14th storey.. 498K low cash.. but have to overhaul completely!!!

125 6th storey 485k expired .. low cash.. minimum reno needed.

121 4th storey corner unit 500k i think, high cash.. i think major reno..

We are considering the 125 6th.. waiting for the HLE to come back and do our maths.. haha hopefully everything within our budget.

Nice, i like that dog! how old?

Hehe.. sounds like ur mind is set on 125 6th flr. Hehee, dun wait too long though. If not other like-minded pple may be a step ahead of u. If u reali like it, go for it! :P